Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Security Issues in 112

I need to share with you what happened in 112 this evening. I had a confrontation with two security personnel that ended up with a walk out by a large number of our group towards the end of the game. For anyone that knows me I am not the confrontational type. Yet, today was an exception.
    It started to rain in the last quarter of the game and a call came for shirts off!
    My son was up for it but I wasn't that bothered. Anyway, after a while I relented and Dad and Lad took off their shirts. At the 87 minute two security personnel tapped my son and I on the shoulder and asked us to put our shirts back on. I hesitated, the other shirtless guys were telling me to ignore them, but as I was with my son I didn't feel the time was right to start a confrontation, so I complied. I told them that they were ruining our game day experience and he told me he didn't care as it was a rule at BMO Field. I told that was ridiculous and he said it was policy.
    I turned my back to the game and he whispered in my ear that I was being immature. I turned around and asked him to repeat what he said and he replied that I was being aggresive and that if I continued I would be thrown out of the stadium. I told him that he was full of shit and that he couldn't throw me out for voicing an opinion. He told me that if I didn't turn around to face the field he would throw me out. I laughed at him and did face the field as something was happening on the pitch that I did not want to miss. Next thing he whispers in my ear that I am a big baby.
    Now I lose it and start shouting at him telling him that he won't say anything to my face but when I comply with him he calls me names behind my back. I start freaking on him. All the while he is standing behind me two steps above looking down on me with this look on his face that he wants to start a fight with me but all the while talking so quietly that only I can hear him, so that it will look like I instigated trouble with him instead of the other way around.
    My shouting was heard by Boris, who came up to see what the trouble was. They said that we were breaking the rules yet they couldn't show us the rules, when Boris challenged them. I will not speak for Boris, as to what went on after, but suffice to say he dealt with it straight away with the F.O. and the F.O. will address 112 before the game on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has never been a problem in 112...why on earth are security going into that section to look for and cause problems?

In what way will the FO address 112 before the game on Thursday? To appologize? To lay out new regulations?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boris is working on it...I was more then happy to walk out after that shit you did nothing wrong and props to you and the lad.

As for the yellow-coats its getting ridiculous...i was actually asked to get off a seat...30 minutes before the game started...pretty fucking impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head of security will explain that they will not be targeting people ( as they are doing now) by enforcing rules that do not exist and will be making a better effort in assigning security personnel who are better able to do their job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kd was kick out for useing a WC horn

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well they are banned...though kickin him out is a bit much

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post

Was he wearing pants?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought you guys hated vuvuzelas and would support the kicking out of ANYONE using that?
    M.U.F.C.U.M GAMBA OSAKA Toronto FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I saw him walking to the game, had a collapsible plastic horn - sounded more like one you'd hear at an Argos game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is where we need a concrete rules guideline for the supporters sections. Not for us but for the Yellards and Security.The rukes and regulations posted on the BMO site are for those not in supporters sections becasue if it applied for everyone then we ALL would be kicked out.
    But there needs to be something written down for all Security to look at and read before a match so these things can't happen.
    A written rule is hard to dispute when you can show them that rule doesn't exist and their making it up...then it becomes a clear cut security personal with an agenda to be more than a babysitter in their eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    I saw him walking to the game, had a collapsible plastic horn - sounded more like one you'd hear at an Argos game.
    No excuse, horns and plastic bangers have no place in stadii.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    There has never been a problem in 112...why on earth are security going into that section to look for and cause problems?

In what way will the FO address 112 before the game on Thursday? To appologize? To lay out new regulations?
    There's been problems all season CB...where have you been?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    No excuse, horns and plastic bangers have no place in stadii.

Who's making excuses? Don't pre-suppose, I'm just stating fact.
    Last edited by Kevvv; 06-27-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh well... a lot of people in the south end imitated the vuvuzelas. LOL That was awesome.

What I was aghast about was the security guard in front of 113 giving 112 the finger and there was no hiding it.

Good on you - Dad and Lad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Security @ BMO = Absolute FARCE

People may come down on me about this thread, but I don't care.

Security @ BMO is an absolute JOKE and something needs to be done about it. I have gone to Boris and Rooney enough already this season about the crap we deal with in lower 112.

I don't understand why us of all sections get targeted every game. 90% of the people there are the same week in, week out and respect the rules.

Issue #1: Shirts off

A few members of 112 have taken to doing shirts off the last handful of games. And yet every week this seems to be an issue. Security comes down and tells us that there is a "rule" and a "policy" against this. After the first incident we were told that things would be worked out, and despite what security says there is no rule against a bunch of soccer fans taking their shirts off during a game.

The 2nd week we do it again, and another security guard comes by to ask us about it, and we just ignored him and carried on. No worries, but clearly someone was still telling them that this was against the rules.

Now today. Late in the game it started to rain, and the east side started to empty. (as it usually does) We decided to do shirts off again. After 10 minutes of chanting and jumping security feels that it is necessary to come down again and tell a fellow RPB that this is against the rules. WHY?!? Who is training these people?? Who is telling them that we can't take our shirts off in a public place?? Seriously, we need to get to the bottom of this. Its coming from somewhere. Apologies are not good enough anymore. When your staff consistently fuck up week in, week out something has to be done about it.

Issue #2: Security guard flipping us off

I am not sure how many others saw it, but the security guard @ the bottom of 113 somehow got frustrated at the end of the game and flipped us all off. Really? Do you want to incite a riot? Cause that is a good way to start one. Where do they get these guys?? I'm not even paid to be at the game and I'm more responsible than all of them.

Security is really wrecking the experience for a lot of us. It seems like every week we are promised that things are fine and will be worked out but the problems keep arising. I personally think that the FO is just paying us lip service and don't give two shits about our problems. If they did this would have been fixed and we wouldn't get hassled every week.

This is by far the WORST year for security. Boris and Rooney spend WAY too much time dealing with this crap when they should be able to watch the game and Support from the stands. (And this is all just today. There have been numerous incidents all season.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Oh well... a lot of people in the south end imitated the vuvuzelas. LOL That was awesome.

What I was aghast about was the security guard in front of 113 giving 112 the finger and there was no hiding it.

Glad I was not the only one who saw it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah and at the end of the game (around the 88th minute or so) a bunch of us just picked up our stuff (flags etc) and left.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    There's been problems all season CB...where have you been?
    I know there have been problems with security etc. just wondering why this year they're clamping down on 112 when its never been a source of problems...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i gotta say is... shirts off!

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider View Post
    all i gotta say is... shirts off!
    You been saying that alot lately Craiger... Alex didnt even let you get in your seat and Shirts off was the hot topic.. lol

Mario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People may come down on me about this thread, but I don't care.

Security @ BMO is an absolute JOKE and something needs to be done about it. I have gone to Boris and Rooney enough already this season about the crap we deal with in lower 112.

I don't understand why us of all sections get targeted every game. 90% of the people there are the same week in, week out and respect the rules.

Issue #1: Shirts off

A few members of 112 have taken to doing shirts off the last handful of games. And yet every week this seems to be an issue. Security comes down and tells us that there is a "rule" and a "policy" against this. After the first incident we were told that things would be worked out, and despite what security says there is no rule against a bunch of soccer fans taking their shirts off during a game.

The 2nd week we do it again, and another security guard comes by to ask us about it, and we just ignored him and carried on. No worries, but clearly someone was still telling them that this was against the rules.

Now today. Late in the game it started to rain, and the east side started to empty. (as it usually does) We decided to do shirts off again. After 10 minutes of chanting and jumping security feels that it is necessary to come down again and tell a fellow RPB that this is against the rules. WHY?!? Who is training these people?? Who is telling them that we can't take our shirts off in a public place?? Seriously, we need to get to the bottom of this. Its coming from somewhere. Apologies are not good enough anymore. When your staff consistently fuck up week in, week out something has to be done about it.

Issue #2: Security guard flipping us off

I am not sure how many others saw it, but the security guard @ the bottom of 113 somehow got frustrated at the end of the game and flipped us all off. Really? Do you want to incite a riot? Cause that is a good way to start one. Where do they get these guys?? I'm not even paid to be at the game and I'm more responsible than all of them.

Security is really wrecking the experience for a lot of us. It seems like every week we are promised that things are fine and will be worked out but the problems keep arising. I personally think that the FO is just paying us lip service and don't give two shits about our problems. If they did this would have been fixed and we wouldn't get hassled every week.

This is by far the WORST year for security. Boris and Rooney spend WAY too much time dealing with this crap when they should be able to watch the game and Support from the stands. (And this is all just today. There have been numerous incidents all season.)

^^ THIS.

I totally forgot about that goof that flipped us off... Fucking morons are clueless about who was throwing streamers so they basically close their eyes are point to whoever suits them. Im glad that jerk off was thrown out of 113 for throwing that beer cup and the dumbass has the nerve to play stupid and ask why he was being picked out when security came over to toss him out. The yellow jackets are seriously out of control these past few games and its getting really pathetic really fast.

Was hilarious to see them getting on their radios asking for backup and getting the rest of the filth running into 112 as we were leaving.

Something concrete needs to be done and said to avoid these catastrophic failures on the $10/hr wannabe cops behalf that ruin game nights!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw it and for s plit second didnt believe it.. pretty sure it ws when they were trying to point somone out for throwing a streamer and as per usual ultimately blaming it on an innocent supporter.

this has become a Fucking JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thankfully i did not attend
    i'm printing off the rules on the Toronto FC website, laminating them, and if i ever get problems, I'm pulling that out and asking them were 'shirt off' isn't allowed on there

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moved to Members only section
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post

Thats cuz I yelled at him (and im surprised he heard me) telling him he hadn't a clue who he was trying to kick out in 113 for throwing a streamer

Dollars to donuts had he followed through with kicking someone out, he would have kicked out a totally innocent person and it would have been unjustified.

On a side note, good for you Kevin for standing up for yourself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron95 View Post
    ^^ THIS.

I totally forgot about that goof that flipped us off... Fucking morons are clueless about who was throwing streamers so they basically close their eyes are point to whoever suits them. Im glad that jerk off was thrown out of 113 for throwing that beer cup and the dumbass has the nerve to play stupid and ask why he was being picked out when security came over to toss him out. The yellow jackets are seriously out of control these past few games and its getting really pathetic really fast.

Was hilarious to see them getting on their radios asking for backup and getting the rest of the filth running into 112 as we were leaving.

Something concrete needs to be done and said to avoid these catastrophic failures on the $10/hr wannabe cops behalf that ruin game nights!
    as I said in a previous thread, i was surprised the guy heard me when I yelled at him he hadn't a clue who he was throwing out.

I don't recall us catching the guy who threw the beer, but I sure as hell saw who threw that water bottle and you saw about 20 or 30 of us pointing at him for security to throw out.

I am only sad that this guy had an RPB scarf, he sure as hell isn't worthy RPB material

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone snap a pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm curious to see where the game day rule on shirts is printed. Sorry about your experience.

I think a big issue with security was highlighted with a minor conversation I overheard last night.

There was a very large flag brought in to 115 last night. One of the yellow jackets approached a supervisor (or at least someone who had experience) and told him he was going to remove the large flag. The one in the know explained that "oh, that's ok... this is a supporter's section."

Fan kept the flag.

But 5 mins before kick off, the guy is just learning it is a supporter's section??? Worse, he's just learning the rules for the section he is going to be policing?

Did he get any training? Was he listening during training? Is there any briefing for these guys?
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-27-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron95 View Post
    ^^ THIS.

It's not consistent either. From 121 streamers were thrown, as was a coin (or something shiny). No guards, no ejection. Nothing.

I wrote in the other thread about the yellow jacket being advised by a colleague that "flags were ok in a supporter's section." This dude was learning the rules 5 mins before the game AND apparently learning that it was a supporters section.

Any wonder why there is inconsistency?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't get the "shirts off" thing.

I've never seen it in any other football stadium around the world (maybe I've just never watched the right games).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-27-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto