Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I was talking to someone over at MLSE about the possibilities of vuvuzelas and I think it would be great to have them at BMO, they are such a cool thing the more I read about them, I know they are noise but come on they just belong right up there with chants, looks like they will be out in full force in the UK this year.
    you actually believe they'll be used largely in Britain? Dude you really cant believe everything you read. Feel free to like them all you want but good luck getting them into BMO....me and a mob will be there to tear them from your mouths!!! Gobi dont mess around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I was talking to someone over at MLSE about the possibilities of vuvuzelas and I think it would be great to have them at BMO, they are such a cool thing the more I read about them, I know they are noise but come on they just belong right up there with chants, looks like they will be out in full force in the UK this year.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBLAKE.... WTF are you doing? We need to chat.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHa
    everyone crying over these horns is HILARIOUS to me. I'm ALL FOR the vuvu it's a big FUCK YOU to everyone. It only seems to bother the European players anyway. WHA we can't hear ourselves WHAAAA. AHHA FUCK YOU!! BZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Supporters trying to sing their songs with their fancy lyrics "Oh we're the best there ever was we are the BZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Imagine that shit at BMO.. fucking legendary. Imagine bringing those to away games even MORE legendary. In montreal "Aleez Les Blue We Love impact la la BXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Fucking awesome!!!
    LMAO hahaha ... this is pretty much exactly how I view this as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    CBLAKE.... WTF are you doing? We need to chat.
    I'm with you Flush.

Cblake's idea has earned this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post

Doesn't the Vuvuzela produce a note a minor second (1 semitone) lower than that at B-flat?

/pedantry

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine bringing those to away games even MORE legendary. In montreal "Aleez Les Blue We Love impact la la BXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Fucking awesome!!!

I have said that I hate those horns... and I still do.
    But I kinda like where you are going with this.... or maybe I won't after thinking more about it.

But having TFC road warriors blasting those irritating noise makers during away matches might not be terrible.
    It would do wonders to drown out the local supporters and drive them nuts.
    Although, other MLS stadiums might have the same rules about not bringing them in.
    But if we could, it might be kinda funny and effective.
    God, supporters around the league would really hate us (if they don't already).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Unikronik View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. They have just as much right to be there as you do. You don't like it, tough titties.
    It's not a question of having a right to be there, of course they do. It's just the scale of what they do. The TRN drums are so loud and overpowering that everyone around them is forced to endure the ENTIRE GAME with nothing but the incessant, monotonous, extremely loud noise they make. Chanting is impossible, hearing the rest of the stadium is impossible - it's completely overpowering and those around them are forced to suffer through it whether they want to or not.

Case in point - if TRN were moved to the back of 112 there would be a fucking riot to get rid of them because the bunker would no longer be able ot operate. If you moved them to the back of any other section in the stadium everyone else would be just as pissed off. So why should the people in 118 have to put up with it?

I don't question their right to be there, but I do question their right to obliterate the game day experience of everyone around them.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the horns. Period. But they are here to stay, so oh well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    But they are there to stay,
    Fixed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was being cynical on my part, I would never expect to see them in full force at BMO

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Fixed
    LOL true, Matt. And thank God for that!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    it wasn't meant to be a blanket statement about all your arguments on these boards...just the ones in this particular thread
    knowing your consistent crass dished out to people (more so 'newbies' who put themselves out there) on this board i'd more than venture to say that you are blanketing things. ye asked for a response.....ye got one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This.

I think people forget that this is a global game and we're supposed to treat each region and culture with the respect we would like us to be treated with. Even if we don't understand or like the way other cultures do it.

I personally don't like the Vuvuzelas either, but I think I would be upset if they banned them. They might as well ban singing and banners at BMO Field as well too. It would be just as fair.
    Agreed Roogsy. Imagine if World Cup games were held at BMO. I imagine everyone around the world would complain about the constant barrage of streamers thrown during corner kicks at the players, but hey, they'd just have to deal with it. It's part of our footballing culture after all.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 06-16-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't wait for the 2:30 match to hear those beloved horns in full force! my bud is in SA right now attending the Italian games and going on safari's to shoot T-Rex's, he's bringing me back one of those horns, i can't wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got this joke this and #8 reminded me of this thread

Top 10 Reasons Vuvuzela Horns Suck
    10. The frackin' things can cause permanent hearing damage.

9. They sound like the game is being attacked by killer bees.

8. Just like Thundersticks and Korea, you know some misguided Californian team is going to adopt them after this.

7. Vuvuzela sounds far too much like a new prescription Vulva medication.

6. Soccer chants are so much more clever than horn blowing, even when the chant is simply, "You're a Wanker! You're a Wanker!" sung to the Hallelujah chorus.

5. Journalists kvetching about how annoying vuvuzelas are will be nearly as annoying as the horns themselves.

4. People kvetching about the vuvuzela on Twitter will be far more annoying than the journos AND vuvuzela will be the trending topic for weeks.

3. Somebody is going to do a TV piece about this and use 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny" as an intro.

2. It doesn't matter if you stay away from the TV. With this virtual vuvuzela there is no escape.

1. IT JUST BLOWS!

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bringing a dozen to the next TFC game.

"We Love You We LovBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzAnd where you go we BZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bringing a dozen to the next TFC game.

"We Love You We LovBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzAnd where you go we BZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    i like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Agreed Roogsy. Imagine if World Cup games were held at BMO. I imagine everyone around the world would complain about the constant barrage of streamers thrown during corner kicks at the players, but hey, they'd just have to deal with it. It's part of our footballing culture after all.
    streamers hurt my ears!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    cowbells are banned? grrr
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt care if they only used the horn when S.Africa plays, but its every dam game for 90 mins, its mindless stupid noise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for those interested my music nerd GF says it's a B flat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a bit too much credit to give that sound a musical value.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comment from the TFC website:

Mike Ulmer
    There are two things I heard on the telly today that will forever remind me of the 2010 World Cup.

“Sanchez stays down,” muttered by an urbane British announcer who gave an ironic twist on the forest of players from Latin countries reflexively grabbing their heads and knees.
    Vuvuzela
    The second, of course, is the vuvuzela which apparently is as big a part of South African tradition as unlawful search and seizure.

With FIFA president Sepp Blatter on record as saying the vuvuzela is here to stay, and with broadcasters urging announcers to switch from microphones to headsets, the vuvuzela will be remembered as being as native to the tournament as locusts were to the Old Testament.

And while the high foreheads of FIFA consider them all the rage, it took some good old North America horsesense to stop the craziness at the border.

If you peruse the prohibited items for BMO Field you will find the following things on the NO NO List…
    http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06...fcworldcupblog
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mikey

Lets not foget that this is MLS, so most U.S franchises will in fact be using a recorded loop of the vuvuzelas through their P.A. systems for the duration of MLS games. This will help ensure that authentic "world class" feeling to their 5,000 or so attendees......along with all you can eat sections and rebranding seats as "buttock holders" so that they no longer feel embarrased that they need one for each ass cheek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about I just walk around BMO field farting.

That is all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are all complaining about the horns - well get this...

I'm gonna get one of the "LRAD Sound Cannons" the Toronto Police are using during the G20 and turn it on for 90-minutes...

Forget simple hearing damage, LRAD's can emit ear-blasting sounds so high in frequency they transcend normal thresholds of pain, these things can incapacitate people in seconds...!!!

Top That...!!!

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Agreed Roogsy. Imagine if World Cup games were held at BMO. I imagine everyone around the world would complain about the constant barrage of beer cups thrown during corner kicks at the players, but hey, they'd just have to deal with it. It's part of our footballing culture after all.
    ah fixed
    much more accurate now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post
    fucking awesome!

open six of these windows at once, and its almost like you're really there. I suggest anyone who thinks theyre cool, do this, crank up the sound and just leave it like that for ninety minutes.

Go on, do it.
    Last edited by ExiledRed; 06-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.