Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Not on a preki squad, OBW and Barrett could develop a strong partnership, with DeRo providing service, but Preki won't play that way, he's not an offensive minded coach. If Cronin is gone it'll be for a box to box midfielder for further depth.
    True. Preki's needs be more offensive minded.

Anyway, we need (quality) strikers since we don't have many on the team. Winger is another need too, but I think striker is a bigger need than a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cronin out... yet we still have Garcia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cronin is my favourite player. I hope this rumour is not true, but if it is, I hope he goes somewhere where he is valued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_PB View Post
    Cronin is my favourite player. I hope this rumour is not true, but if it is, I hope he goes somewhere where he is valued.

I too like Cronin, I wish he had more playing time, I'm sure where ever he goes he'll be able to play more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eagles8 View Post
    Cronin out... yet we still have Garcia.
    I'd love to see the pictures that Garcia has of Preki and Mo, they must be good, otherwise he would have been gone long ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    the infamous 3rd round pick?
    I think we have most of them already LOL.

Cronin is a decent player but he is going to have to reinvent himself to stay in the league or become a heck of a lot stronger to be a defensive mid. His marking and tackling was good but not spectacular and he was just not big/strong enough to knock the physical MLS players off of the ball.

From what I saw of him he had a decent soccer IQ (for the MLS) so he should be useful for someone, and hopefully useful enough that we got value in the trade (if it was a trade).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baseless Speculation! WHOO!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope its not true, but in all honesty I'm not surprised. Once JDG came, it was obvious Cronin's time was up.
    Still why NOT keep him, with all the games TFC has, PLUS you need a backup while JDG is hurt (again). Seems only reasonable to use Cronin in the holding MF role...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see Cronin go. It looked like he was fitting in with the system, but this is the nature of the beast that is MLS. Good luck to him but also it's good to see TFC looking ahead and making moves to improve an already improved side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Hope its not true, but in all honesty I'm not surprised. Once JDG came, it was obvious Cronin's time was up.
    Still why NOT keep him, with all the games TFC has, PLUS you need a backup while JDG is hurt (again). Seems only reasonable to use Cronin in the holding MF role...
    Preki favours Sanyang in that position
    becauseeee he is alot stronger and aggressive then cronin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cronin was kind of a tweener, jack of all trades, master of none, not physical enough to be a good DM, not skilled enough to be a good attacking midfielder. I hope he finds his niche somewhere in the league, he was always a good soldier. Truth be told, though, this is a little bit of disappointing end to a very high draft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is an official link, can't find anything saying that he is rumored to be gone or is gone anywhere else. Can you post something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Cronin was kind of a tweener, jack of all trades, master of none, not physical enough to be a good DM, not skilled enough to be a good attacking midfielder. I hope he finds his niche somewhere in the league, he was always a good soldier. Truth be told, though, this is a little bit of disappointing end to a very high draft pick.
    That's what I always though too. He was a Rance Mulliniks (sp). But that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    I watched TFC Today - Andrew Ornoch is number 29

31 - Eastern european guy that mentioned before?
    37 - Ibad Muhmadu with hair maybe?
    36 Kyle Porter (previously with Energie Cottbuss on loan from Vancouver Whitecaps)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was always disappointed that Cronin didn't get regular starts. It was really evident that he wasn't in Preki's plans. Great utility player -- he'll be missed (if true, that is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No link, Nothing to back it up. Just baseless speculation because he wasn't at a practice...that could mean anything, it doesn't mean he's off the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    No link, Nothing to back it up. Just baseless speculation because he wasn't at a practice...that could mean anything, it doesn't mean he's off the side.
    kind of hard to say there is a link when it was clearly said a text msg...this isn't the first time LLJJ has posted a rumour that LLJJ gets through a text, i even believe the last one LLJJ posted ended up being true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    with roster restrictions, you need these kind of players in MLS

cheap, can play in multiple positions utility players who can play well in a few games when starters get injured or away on international duties
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it before the draft,
    and this news just proves my point:

Omar Gonzalez should have been taken by us...

In an organization with a history of shady calls, this is definitely in the top-3 (but my overall #1 worst decision thus far)...

Almost all mock drafts agreed w/ me...

in professional sports, you shouldn't take players that are "the most ready" over potential... (as no matter what all rookies need degrees of development).

While it may not have permitted us getting Cann, hypothetically our back line could be the best in the league right now with:

Attakora___Cann___Omar____Usanov/Gargan ..... Hsanovics off the bench.

What's worse... At the time of that draft, we had a damn solid MF, but still a terrible backline!!!!

Will any of those "draft-Cronin-over-Omar" minds now come forward and admit their horrible miscalculation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Houston Dynamo and the Kansas City Wizards are looking for DM.

Both are extending trials for that position.

Hopefully, they see Cronin as a DM before they really find out he should be a RB.

Kansas seems like a good trading partner as their defence has been horrific this year and could use a utility guy like Cronin.

But don't start the rumors for Ibbe + Cronin for Bunbury quite yet....

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping we wouldnt have to deal with any tfc bullshit during the cup but not I realize this is a great chance for mo to continue doing his job poorly without the masses noticing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    I said it before the draft,
    and this news just proves my point:
    Well in the grand scheme of things we missed out on multiple players in that first round that would have filled a need and been very productive for TFC. I don't think Cronin is terrible by any means, but the other guys (Alston, Omar, Pontius, Wallace) have all turned out to be useful MLS players AND would have filled needs on our roster. Instead we picked up an extra DM when we were already committing a large salary chunk to Robo and AG was playing as the AM. Add it to the long list of moves that seem to be done by TFC without much foresight.

Not surprised if this ends up being true. He's looked a lot like trade bait for a while now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to gauge the merit of this potential roster move until the details of the transaction are confirmed. On the surface it seems like a logical decision considering Cronin has become somewhat redundant with the likes of Labrocca, Sanyang, Peterson, and Saric being utilized as starters to augment JDG in the midfield. If the return is equitable and the trade is a precursor to another roster move that adds a quality striker it will definitely benefit the club moving forward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If K.C. is the trading partner of choice I'd rather take Kei Kamara he is a fiesty player you hate to play against but definetly would add quality to our roster of Forward Options.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's been dealt to SJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link, details, for whom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was dealt to SJ then I doubt we got anything back except picks and allocation.

They wouldn't want to mess up team chemistry and let someone go...I would like Ryan Johnson or Arturo Alvarez though. But I just don't see Cronin netting a whole lot from that roster

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I was hoping we wouldnt have to deal with any tfc bullshit during the cup but not I realize this is a great chance for mo to continue doing his job poorly without the masses noticing.
    +1...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah it seems unlikely we got much value for him. Most likely they are taking a pick and clearing a roster spot to make room for a trialist if they like one.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this sorta came outta left field (if it's confirmed, that is). I've always liked Cronin and felt he had a fairly secure future with TFC. However, I can't really pass judgment on Mo or Preki until we find out what we are getting in return.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.