Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    This has been discussed before.

NO!!
    Thanks for the feedback.

Yes it has been discussed before, but if you, with due respect, can tell me where any additional salary cap or allocation dollars are going to come from to sign another DP other than DeRo I would love to hear it.

We do not have the space under the cap. MLSe can afford it of course, but not under the salary cap.

Signing DeRo to a DP contract (at the very least for the rest of this season) makes sense as it frees up space for some other roster moves.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cougars732 View Post
    GREAT result for France with that tie between SA and Mexico. A french win can but Les Bleus in the drivers seat!
    Was thinking the exact same thing. B)

Uruguay will be a tough opponent, but I'm confident France will set the pace for this game and force the others to adapt to them.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Yes it has been discussed before, but if you, with due respect, can tell me where any additional salary cap or allocation dollars are going to come from to sign another DP other than DeRo I would love to hear it.

We do not have the space under the cap. MLSe can afford it of course, but not under the salary cap.

Signing DeRo to a DP contract (at the very least for the rest of this season) makes sense as it frees up space for some other roster moves.
    I agree, though wouldn't want to committ to it beyond next season at most, don't know how willing De Ro would be to take a pay raise and then a drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I agree, though wouldn't want to committ to it beyond next season at most, don't know how willing De Ro would be to take a pay raise and then a drop.
    That mean you are including next season. Fuck that.
    Maybe, maybe maaayybe for the remainder for the rest of this season, but anything else is handcuffing the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback.

Don't be so rigid.
    Flexibility is strength my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Don't be so rigid.
    Flexibility is strength my friend
    It is not rigidity on my part Boban. It is simple logic based on how poorly to date Mo has managed the salary cap. I think it is probably likely that even if a new DP quality player wanted to come here this season it would be pretty unlikely that the club would be able to fit a contract like that under the cap.

Renegotiating DeRo's contract rewards him for his service and opens up, at least a little, the possibility that the club could be improved for the run in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not rigidity on my part Boban. It is simple logic based on how poorly to date Mo has managed the salary cap. I think it is probably likely that even if a new DP quality player wanted to come here this season it would be pretty unlikely that the club would be able to fit a contract like that under the cap.

Renegotiating DeRo's contract rewards him for his service and opens up, at least a little, the possibility that the club could be improved for the run in.
    Your thought process is very rigid.
    It is very typical and conventional.
    Think outside the box, then you will see how your blog posting is rigid.
    Be flexible.

Btw, reward DeRo for what? For playing under the terms of his contract?
    Who the fuck gives you a raise for doing what is expected of you?
    Remember what Preki said about Frie a few weeks ago after a game when asked about his performance.
    Last edited by boban; 06-11-2010 at 12:45 PM.