Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They managed to bring out Beckham. Not sure if they can pull on sponsors to foot the bill in a similar way, but perhaps enough that they can make the move possible. As for NYRB, well, Red Bull doesn't care about the cost. They've got the cash.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    They managed to bring out Beckham. Not sure if they can pull on sponsors to foot the bill in a similar way, but perhaps enough that they can make the move possible. As for NYRB, well, Red Bull doesn't care about the cost. They've got the cash.
    QFT.

The whole club is just an advertising write-off, like their racing team, etc., etc.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Ronaldinho is not comming to MLS, he is not that old, I think he will turn 31, and he is still a great player. If he does not stay at AC Milan, he will go back to Brazil, or to a mid level BUT up and comming EPL/Serie A/ La League side, or another big europen club, PSG? Something of that sort. For him to come to LA the money has to be huge.
    I would love to see him in the EPL, it would be like Jay Jay Okocha was back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA and New York have a huge advantage in that they are known cities to everyone, and I'm sure there's a little boy in every player who wants to live there - growing up, watching the cities in movies and such. Toronto doesn't have that edge. In fact, for myself, growing up in Europe, I didn't know shit about Toronto. Now living here I love it, and I'm sure any player would love living here, but we just don't have the name or the lifestyle to offer players like they can in NY and LA.
    yep something ive been saying for years

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone translate what he said in the video to the reporter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA and New York have a huge advantage in that they are known cities to everyone, and I'm sure there's a little boy in every player who wants to live there - growing up, watching the cities in movies and such. Toronto doesn't have that edge. In fact, for myself, growing up in Europe, I didn't know shit about Toronto. Now living here I love it, and I'm sure any player would love living here, but we just don't have the name or the lifestyle to offer players like they can in NY and LA.

You make it sound like only two teams would be able to attract players unless there was some kind of league-wide agreement, something like a... oh I don't know, limit on how much each team could spend? And maybe if the teams all shared their profits that would also help to keep the league competitve enough to grow to the point it was sustainable?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true. When my friends came over a few summers ago, they had no idea Toronto was so big. And the ironic thing is, when they'd see LA and New York in the movies, sometimes it's in fact Toronto they're really seeing as the city has often been used for movie-making..
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    he's a bit shit now

who cares
    Um even tho he finished a season of being almost top form?..