0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RSL new - stadium, very nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe there was a thread about this. It's interesting that it's going to be a suburb of salt lake that has a population of 90,000. I wonder if this will hurt the attendance in the long run. From the artists rendering it looks pretty good though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy the kid View Post
    I believe there was a thread about this. It's interesting that it's going to be a suburb of salt lake that has a population of 90,000. I wonder if this will hurt the attendance in the long run. From the artists rendering it looks pretty good though.

As with most cities in the west, there is no real central core so it won't matter. Rice Eccles is not exactly downtown Salt Lake City yet they averaged 18k there for the last few seasons.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Nation started a thread on this a few days ago

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    As with most cities in the west, there is no real central core so it won't matter. Rice Eccles is not exactly downtown Salt Lake City yet they averaged 18k there for the last few seasons.
    Very true. Sandy is also accessible by Salt Lake's TRAX. The location given on Wikipedia's map tracker has it about 2 blocks away from the Sandy Expo stop, which is about 13 stops from downtown.

At least they have the good sense to put it that close to TRAX. Home Depot Centre, the Dick (in Denver), Pizza Hut Park and Robertson Stadium (hey, that's almost all of the Western Conference really!) are a bitch to get to on transit.

Now San Jose...that's a whole different animal. In a good way. Most accessible in the West.

But this doesn't mean some Eastern teams are exempt -- Toyota Park in Chicago, from what I understand, is pretty awful. Have to connect to a bus at Midway Airport -- tres ungroovy, very HDC like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago actually took a hit in attendance when they moved to Toyota park ... pretty sad.

Despite the crap RSL gets, they have a good fan base. Watching Soccer is Rice Eccles is no sight to behold. But they completely lack an active supporters presence.