Here is Ryan Johnston's commentary on Carver. I have not provided a link because I don't want editorials like this to be encouraged. Once and a while he provides some insight, but this is just as stupid as some of the threads on the boards. I have some of my own commentary afterwards.

Oh Dear, John

Leaving points on the field against one of the league's worst teams is inexcusable. But leaving your best players on the bench in the process is even more so.

We all remember Carver
called out his team for their lack of killer instinct in a 3-1 win over Colorado. Now, one week later, it is time to call out Carver for the very same thing.

On Saturday at BMO Field the Kansas City Wizards must have thought it was their lucky day when the game kicked off and
Amado Guevara, Jim Brennan and Maurice Edu were still wearing warm ups.

Carver has always maintained that the players who work hard and gain results will keep their starting 11 spot. But this noble conviction needs to have a limit -- especially considering the team's next two games are road tests against two of the MLS best in New England and Chicago.

The
Jarrod Smith for Rohan Ricketts, Jeff Cunningham for Danny Dichio and Todd Dunivant for Laurent Robert rotation has provided TFC will full points at home, it is nothing short of confusing as to why it was abandoned with second place in the standings at stake.

"Let's not forget some of the players have been away for close to a month, and I have to be fair to the guys who are working hard," Carver told the CBC after the match.

Again, very noble; but be fair to the guys who have been working hard by using them in a substitute role. All three of the aforementioned starters-turned-subs need a full game, especially Guevara, who simply ran out of time to make a difference.

In the short CBC interview Carver was very nonchalant in assessing the match, and understood that the players he summoned to face KC were not up to the challenge.

"Ten to 15 minutes from the end there was one team who I thought would win it, and it wasn't us," Carver said.

Sorry coach, it is fair to assume that most of the fans on hand at home felt that from the very beginning.

For those of you who don't know, Carver is a manager. Within that role is team management. Last week the same lineup beat a better squad in the Rapids 3-1. Cunny tried is ass off for the first game in 2 seasons to reach his milestone of 100. Since he didn't reach that goal, we should have assumed he'd put a big effort in this week, which wasn't the case. Enter Amado Guevara with 30 minutes left. 3 blown chances by him later and a 0-0 result, some would want to lynch Carver. He brought in the players with 30 minutes left....plenty of time to make a difference.

If you want to get angry about something....it should be that he made all 3 subs leaving us susceptible to injury (Tebily in the 80th). Edu has played like shit all year and Harmse had a good game....Brennan didn't make much of an impact and why would he at left back. If want to complain about something maybe it should have been a double switch up front. Whoever, thinks Carver made a mistake also doesn't understand how to keep players motivated and that alone makes our bench stronger than most the MLS. Without the carrot that he provides to our players, you'll get more underwhelming performances like Cunny.