Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Classless LA fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?...axycrowdchants

A third of the way into the match, the Los Angeles faithful began chanting, "U.S. reject" repeatedly in front of Ching, and later, the chants began again in the second half.
    The guy battled back from injury for a chance to represent US and this is what he gets. Bunch of classless pricks.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope you're wrong

fucked with his head, galaxy got the 3 points, thats the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player needs thicker skin in my opinion. Unfortunately heckles and chants are a part of sport used to try and mess with the opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we were no better two years ago when Ibra was on the stands giving thanks and mid to top 111 called him a TO Reject!!

rr

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats not classless at all...he was rejected by the us team.....stop em when they're wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a wind-up. Nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booooooooorrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnng...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

close it.

rr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally classless. WC dreams are huge for these guys. He went far into the camp, only to be cut late. The chant is a low-blow on a personal level. Sure its football, sure its a league game and you want to throw off the other team. But WC stuff is at a different level. Its life-long dreams kind of stuff.

I know I'll get crucified for this but I think is the same level as a racial slur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    nope you're wrong

fucked with his head, galaxy got the 3 points, thats the point
    I never said they didn't fuck with his head. But it's still a low-life, no class move.

Be careful, that logic will only encourage KKKrew fans to throw another banana just so they can "fuck with his head".

Relax, I know, chanting "US reject" and racism is not the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Crew fans threw a banana? When the hell did that happen? Or are you making a reference to the racial slur toward Kelly Dube?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post
    Totally classless. WC dreams are huge for these guys. He went far into the camp, only to be cut late. The chant is a low-blow on a personal level. Sure its football, sure its a league game and you want to throw off the other team. But WC stuff is at a different level. Its life-long dreams kind of stuff.

I know I'll get crucified for this but I think is the same level as a racial slur.
    It is more classy to chant "This ain't Rehab" to a player battling addiction?

I tend to think that personal stuff involving families (ie. John Terry stuff) and racial chants are off limits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah pookie has it
    to me that would be more classless
    or us calling braz a to reject in montreal.
    now the everton fans earlier this year singing about killing rooneys kid? that is classless

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Braz represented Canada, and I think he's a reject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I think everybody knows you're a low life.

jk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made the team in 2006. I'm sure he's fine.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it really THAT much of a difference from when we chant "T.O. Reject"? Personally I don't think so, but maybe thats just me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we shall see what happens when houston comes to Toronto July 1st esp if the US are still in the WC

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry guys but racism is a prejudgment based on archaic and mostly untrue stereotypes that is derogatory towards an entire race.......in this case some people made fun of a guy who didnt make the world cup for not making the world cup.

there's no comparison. this things here, it's nothing....its barely even mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    is it really THAT much of a difference from when we chant "T.O. Reject"? Personally I don't think so, but maybe thats just me
    to me it is way different. and stupid in my opinion, (not your comment, the la fans)

they are yelling at a player from there own national team being cut.

it would be like us chanting "canada reject" to braz as opposed to "TO reject"

which he is

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please explain to me how this is the same level?

First off race is something people can't control, you are born with it. People who are racist have something wrong with them whether it be a bad upbringing or they just have a lot of hate in them.

Not making a world cup team is because you weren't good enough is different because you can control your skill. Maybe he didn't train hard enough, maybe he pissed off the wrong people, maybe he partied too much... who knows, but if he was the best player in the US then you can guarantee he would have been on the team. Attacking this FACT during a game is fair game because it is related to the game being played. To me this is on the same level as when people yell you suck at the opposing team players just to try and get a reaction.

So how are they the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racial slur is much more harsh than calling out a player for not being selected to the WC. even the best players in the world (Ronaldhino, Cambiasso) did not get selected. It's an honour to play for one's country but by no means a right, always a privilege.

There is no way that a pretty witty chant could be considered on the level of a racial slur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    Well, to be honest, isn't all derogatory chants, to some extent, considered low class? I mean, like Azerban and others pointed out, the sole purpose of these chants is to get under their skin and to piss them off. It certainly is not high class that's for sure. But that isn't the question. It all comes down to where would you draw the line to "fuck with their head"?

I just think there's a difference between a national team vs club, and especially someone who was one of vital piece in USMNT qualifying for both '06 and '10 WC, the same team most of Galaxy fans are aligned to. Maybe I should've said lowER class, that better?
    Last edited by TFC247; 06-06-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Look at who were chanting. The LA Galaxy fans. Why would they have a vested interest in that particular chant? Their boy, Edson Buddle, surprisingly got picked over Brian Ching for the striker position.

I'm sure that point was not lost on Galaxy fans.

Heathen

what a stupid thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not like we are inviting teams over for sunday brunch and a poetry reading. we are supposed to be nasty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    It's a wind-up. Nothing more.
    agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    ^ Look at who were chanting. The LA Galaxy fans. Why would they have a vested interest in that particular chant? Their boy, Edson Buddle, surprisingly got picked over Brian Ching for the striker position.

I'm sure that point was not lost on Galaxy fans.
    Interesting point, I didn't know galaxy fans were so dedicated to their country.

I still say leave the national team matters to national, and club matters to club.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Crew fans threw a banana? When the hell did that happen? Or are you making a reference to the racial slur toward Kelly Dube?
    It was a second incident that came within a month or so of the Youtube video with the "fan" giving the racial slur.

Those 2 incidents plus Xenophobes like Bill Archer have given that city a bad reputation.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The argument here is where does class overrule effectiveness?

Was this effective? Probably. It would get under the skin of anyone.

Was it classless? Absolutely.

I guess we all make decisions whether we choose to leave our class at the door or not. Some of choose to keep our class and find other ways to get at players.

But I won't make others choose the same thing as me. Everyone does what they feel is best.