Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game: Toronto v. Kansas City

Discuss
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-Game: TFC vs. Kansas City

Things That Sucked: Toledo, Nigel Reed, De Guzman, DeRo, TOLEDO TOLEDO TOLEDO!!!!

Annoying 0-0 draw but a point is a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YUCK!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, I could go on and on about Toledo and De Guzman, but what the fuck is up with Nigel Reed today? The Barrett/DeRo thing was the most embarrassing piece of commentary I can remember.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A forgettable match, but oddly, a match I think we should take heart in.

First, THE BAD:
    - Baldomero Toledo in the 1st half. Nothing needs to be said.
    - Julian de Guzman's three precious botched chances. Not a good game for him.
    - Dwayne de Rosario's many offside calls.
    - Poor passing from the midfield - JDG in particular.

Now, THE GOOD:
    - Another stout defensive performance. Kansas City only had one good chance the entire game.
    - While we didn't score, we DID create clear quality chances, even after going down a man. We didn't go into a shell, we didn't get listless, and we didn't fall apart. This is something to take heart in.
    - Our unbeaten streak at home is still alive.
    - Another clean sheet for Frei.
    - The season is long.

A draw this afternoon is not ideal, as we all know. But unlike previous years when things weren't clicking, we didn't fall to pieces. We did what good teams do - rely on their defense to stand tall, and try to force a ball through. And with some better finishing, we may very well have done that.

I'm not thrilled with a single point, but these guys have earned some slack from us. Sometimes things just don't come together quite right, and despite that, we still came away with a point. The team never seemed able to get back into a rhythm, after the Garcia red card.

I hope JDG and Barrett's injuries aren't serious, and let's look forward to coming back strong from the break!

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 06-05-2010 at 05:15 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until someone merges them:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=23063

- Scott

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side, at least Garcia doesn't start the next match!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not De Guzman's best game -- clearly his injury was bothering him.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^truly forgettable, yeah ... it looked like they were mentally already on their world cup break ... JDG was really off today ... and it certainly doesn't help that the ref is the big distraction that he's become, to the point where even casual fans know that with Toledo comes trouble. 41 red cards in 90 matches? that's ridiculous.
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll just leave this here..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJeTTpJWP-g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Garcia and jdg are out next game?
    Last edited by deltox; 06-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a great match at all tbh. Most players were poor. At least there is a nice long break now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our players didn't seem to have it together and could rarely get a good pass through to the forwards. The reffing was abysmal. KC defended quite strongly.

In previous years we would have coughed up a late goal, but this really feels like a loss. Hopefully JDG will heal and the rest of the boys will ahve time to reflect on this over the next 2 weeks before LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was with the grass? The ball was bouncing all over the place. JDG would send a pass 5 feet away to Dero and it would take at least 3 crazy hops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's the grass? I thought his passes were to long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passes were too long. I think it's due to his time off from the injuries. With the grass and the Jabulani ball, his weighting on passes are still not back to normal yet. It takes a game or two to adjust. Last outing in the rain is different with all the water, rain and wind, the heavier pass were nullified by natural elements.

Toledo can go to hell. Worse than my house league ref. Inconsistent and totally retarded calls and non-calls.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    Passes were too long. I think it's due to his time off from the injuries. With the grass and the Jabulani ball, his weighting on passes are still not back to normal yet. It takes a game or two to adjust. Last outing in the rain is different with all the water, rain and wind, the heavier pass were nullified by natural elements.

Toledo can go to hell. Worse than my house league ref. Inconsistent and totally retarded calls and non-calls.
    That is true. I suppose the only time JDG had on the field before this game, was the rain soaked minutes he played on Wednesday.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    So it's the grass? I thought his passes were to long
    It was not just him. It was everybody's passes. Are they having concerts on the field?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely nothing else to remember from this game that was a shit refereeing and we lost 2 points.

We have +2 in the "points won as visitor / points lost at home" standings, and this is for me the real standings.

At this point in this season I believe our biggest problem for the rest of the season will be scoring.
    I fear Barrett is cooling off, and then only Dero is a real scorer, but if he's having an off day, we most likely are a toothless team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    Absolutely nothing else to remember from this game that was a shit refereeing and we lost 2 points.

We have +2 in the "points won as visitor / points lost at home" standings, and this is for me the real standings.

At this point in this season I believe our biggest problem for the rest of the season will be scoring.
    I fear Barrett is cooling off, and then only Dero is a real scorer, but if he's having an off day, we most likely are a toothless team.
    Barrett wasn't great today, but he wasn't total balls either. Sent a good ball to DeRo in the box (when he got knocked over), that ended up directly leading to one of JDG's heartbreaking missed chances.

Aside from that, he just had absolutely no service from the midfield. JDG, Labrocca, Sanyang, Peterson - none of them seemed to be able to connect a pass to DeRo or Barrett. And it didn't help that DeRo was chronically offside all afternoon, when a decent ball did filter through to him.

Just a rough outing for us on the attacking end. I think saying Barrett is "cooling off" is a little premature, considering he scored last game. World class strikers generally score roughly once every two matches.

- Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Barrett wasn't great today, but he wasn't total balls either. Sent a good ball to DeRo in the box (when he got knocked over), that ended up directly leading to one of JDG's heartbreaking missed chances.

Aside from that, he just had absolutely no service from the midfield. JDG, Labrocca, Sanyang, Peterson - none of them seemed to be able to connect a pass to DeRo or Barrett. And it didn't help that DeRo was chronically offside all afternoon, when a decent ball did filter through to him.

Just a rough outing for us on the attacking end. I think saying Barrett is "cooling off" is a little premature, considering he scored last game. World class strikers generally score roughly once every two matches.

- Scott
    You're right, today our midfield had a bad game.
    I wasn't expressing myself clearly enough, what I meant was that I'm fearing Chad will be cooling off.

Anyways, the point is we very much need a new signing, a good, "purebred" forward.
    I can't see White as a solution.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Things That Sucked: Toledo, Nigel Reed, De Guzman, DeRo, TOLEDO TOLEDO TOLEDO!!!!

Annoying 0-0 draw but a point is a point.

I see 2 points lost here, not the point we "won".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still need more depth all over the place, and that problem is still all on Mo.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched the second half. It was boring and frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JDG played really well, he had two missed chances that couldve been goals. But his control was amazing, he was the only one really moving towards the end of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why hasn't Toledo been fired yet? GOD HE'S AWFUL!

On the side note, watch the Sitter from last week...

Lalas goes off on how MLS reffing is about the same as the rest of the world...

What a moron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    I think JDG played really well, he had two missed chances that couldve been goals. But his control was amazing, he was the only one really moving towards the end of the game
    what game was you watching?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travelled about the grounds today. Saw neither hide nor hair of Nigel Reed. Did he leave a toilet seat up?

Gixmo

Nigel was on the CBC broadcast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did Garcia even start the match?

De Guzman had a terrible game. His passes were abysmal - it wasn't the grass, his touches were always too strong for the intended player. There also appeared to be a uniform breakdown of communication among the players, with misreads of potential plays.

Clearly, the red card seriously affected Toronto's strategy for the remaijnder of the game. The KC ejection made the field more wide open, but there didn't appear to be any concerted effort by either side to try to force a victory. I found the game a bit of a snoozefest, actually.