0 Thread(s)

Default David Edgar Cut Loose

Cut by Swansea.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, he was on loan there, Burnley had and still have his contract
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't hurt to pick this kid up.. or does he go back to Burnley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's under contract until 2013 with Burnley, but I don't get the impression he has too much of a future with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A canadian Left Back , 23, with the size to play CB, that would be very, very intersting to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should've stayed on with NewCastle. He would have gotten time in the League Championship. I stated as much, when he left. Now NUFC is easily back in the EPL.

Oh well, he rolled the dice. Can't knock the kid for taking his career into his own hands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times am I going to say this:

Sign David Edgar and Will Johnson.

Honestly, if I could figure out how to make a signature thingy on this forum, I will put "Toronto FC will sign David Edgar and Will Johnson"

Mods, make it happen please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edgar will not leave England to come here...not at the age of 23 anyway.
    His sending off in the dieing minutes of NUFC's last game in the EPL when Newcastle started actually putting the pressure on to score that 1 elusive goal that would have kept us in the EPL was painfull to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been impressed by this kid at all. But, I wasn't impressed with Cann before he came here either and he obviously has a better resume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edgar would be a nice signing for this club.... he has potential and he can always go back to europe after playing a few seasons with TFC....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not a possible loan deal...send him back after the MLS CUP FINAL!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Last time we signed a Canadian player cut loose from a English club..................

Stop trying to make TFC into Team Canada LOL if Team Canada were any good they'd be in group H, Not Honduras LOL.
    M.U.F.C.U.M GAMBA OSAKA Toronto FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BC101 View Post
    Stop trying to make TFC into Team Canada LOL if Team Canada were any good they'd be in group H, Not Honduras LOL.
    But we need good/decent Canadians because of the roster restrictions. These restrictions will become more challenging when Montreal and Vancouver come into the league...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Last time we signed a Canadian player cut loose from a English club..................

Who said anything about making TFC into team Canada. I take it you don't know much about Canadian soccer. Edgar has premier league experience and could easily start on any MLS team.

Also, if TFC's line up was the exact same as the Canadian national team's, we would win the MLS cup with ease.
    Last edited by Macksam; 06-04-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    But we need good/decent Canadians because of the roster restrictions. These restrictions will become more challenging when Montreal and Vancouver come into the league...
    Jon your point is valid iam just saying be weary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Who said anything about making TFC into team Canada. I take it you don't know much about Canadian soccer. Edgar has premier league experience and could easily start on any MLS team.

Also, if TFC's line up was the exact same as the Canadian national team's, we would win the MLS cup with ease.

On that note, why don't you take your dumb, ex-pat ass back to Engerland. P*ssy
    hahahaha reported.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that note, why don't you take your ex-pat ass back to Engerland.

Wow just wow LOL!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post
    Wow just wow LOL!
    pretty bold speech I LOLed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon your point is valid iam just saying be weary.

hahahaha reported.
    Do as you wish.
    pretty bold speech I LOLed.
    There's nothing funny about the truth.
    Last edited by Macksam; 06-03-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xenophobic comments aside he's pretty much on the money.

Edgar's a very good prospect by MLS standards.

Ali Gerba played in England and is Canadian, that's about where the similarities end.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do as you wish.
    tone it down....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Xenophobic comments aside he's pretty much on the money.

Edgar's a very good prospect by MLS standards.

Ali Gerba played in England and is Canadian, that's about where the similarities end.
    I agreed with what Jon said about it but I am more cautious. You can't just go buying Canadians just cos. The team is doing alright now. While ultimately yeah he'd PROBABLY be a good action. He might not be type deal.

JDG is still "Settling" into this league I imagine Edgar would have to "Step down" too to get used to this league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do as you wish.

There's nothing funny about the truth.
    so basically you're telling me to get out of your country? LOL...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agreed with what Jon said about it but I am more cautious. You can't just go buying Canadians just cos. The team is doing alright now. While ultimately yeah he'd PROBABLY be a good action. He might not be type deal.

JDG is still "Settling" into this league I imagine Edgar would have to "Step down" too to get used to this league.
    Ofcourse not. Your comment was just very ignorant and it seemed like you would have said the same thing no matter what Canadian player was brought up.

Also, about the garbage I spewed, I have nothing against England and I'm not jingoistic or anything like that so don't take it personally.

so basically you're telling me to get out of your country? LOL...
    No, the whole thing about the Canadian national team winning the MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ya, I generally agree JDG is playing down to the level of this league as opposed to playing up to the level he's supposed to. That being said i think a lot of people had an unrealistic (and somewhat inflated) sense of what he was capable of based on his gold cup performance in 2007. I watch a fair bit of La Liga and that's not his game at all. He's a defensive mid with **some offensive minded capabilities and good passing range.

Anyways, I agree he has to be "in for it" in order for it to be a good move. Edgar would be much better off getting a permanent move to somewhere in or outside of England where can play weekly. Hard to see him getting motivated to play for TFC on a weekly basis.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Exactly, and when they come in...it'll be a fucking demolition derby for good talent.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

MUFC_Niagara

On that note, why don't you take your ex-pat ass back to Engerland.
    Wow. If that doesn't deserve a banning I don't know what does. Telling a Canadian citizen to leave his own country when he has a right to be here?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well ya, I generally agree JDG is playing down to the level of this league as opposed to playing up to the level he's supposed to. That being said i think a lot of people had an unrealistic (and somewhat inflated) sense of what he was capable of based on his gold cup performance in 2007. I watch a fair bit of La Liga and that's not his game at all. He's a defensive mid with **some offensive minded capabilities and good passing range.

Anyways, I agree he has to be "in for it" in order for it to be a good move. Edgar would be much better off getting a permanent move to somewhere in or outside of England where can play weekly. Hard to see him getting motivated to play for TFC on a weekly basis.
    If you are here as a CDN it should be because you WANT TO be here not just for a cheque gotta have a sense of pride playing for the hometown team. I DUNNO Edgar personally but I HAVE a feeling it'd just be a "Gig' for him cos he could not find anything better.

@ Macksam LOL no worries if my house gets stoned or egged during the WC i know where to point the Police though RPB Message boards hahaha(I have the St George Cross on my house flying high LOL)

The Gerba joke as MOST people know was just an ongoing joke i had. Edgar ofcourse is better as he played for Newcastle but like he's way too young to consider TFC. Well youngish.

And the Canadian National team thing was just a poke at the fact Honduras is in Group H of the World cup. Not Canada. Although I do believe you can't stick all the players of Canada on TFC and hope for MLS Cup. While they ALL know each other etc etc need diversity and foreigners on a league team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    tone it down....
    No problem my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Exactly, and when they come in...it'll be a fucking demolition derby for good talent.
    That has to do with the fact a lot of the good players don't want to come back yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    Wow. If that doesn't deserve a banning I don't know what does. Telling a Canadian citizen to leave his own country when he has a right to be here?
    lol, you're reading too much into it friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are here as a CDN it should be because you WANT TO be here not just for a cheque gotta have a sense of pride playing for the hometown team. I DUNNO Edgar personally but I HAVE a feeling it'd just be a "Gig' for him cos he could not find anything better.

@ Macksam LOL no worries if my house gets stoned or egged during the WC i know where to point the Police though RPB Message boards hahaha(I have the St George Cross on my house flying high LOL)

The Gerba joke as MOST people know was just an ongoing joke i had. Edgar ofcourse is better as he played for Newcastle but like he's way too young to consider TFC. Well youngish.

And the Canadian National team thing was just a poke at the fact Honduras is in Group H of the World cup. Not Canada. Although I do believe you can't stick all the players of Canada on TFC and hope for MLS Cup. While they ALL know each other etc etc need diversity and foreigners on a league team.
    LOL BC, this guy needs to step down and understand a few things. I for one understood your joke and found it truthful and amusing. Keep it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem my man.

That has to do with the fact a lot of the good players don't want to come back yet.

lol, you're reading too much into it friend.
    I definitely want a team of washed up players that were never that good in the first place.