Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Still waiting, for the post where I complain in this thread.
    I must say, if you have any complaints left, even I would be impressed. I think the horse is dead kicked, and the McDOnald's burgers made from it eaten.

Long live King Carver!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for your reading pleasure, though I'm sure you'll ignore it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Shaugno, It's Shaughno. There's an H, first sign you don't read my posts.

You agree on everything and anything. Ask Roogsy, or H Bomb about that one, you'll find quite the opposite actually.

The problem with you is that you find it so difficult to look at opposite sides of an aregument. I find that statement so far beyond ironic it's hilarious.

Your argument is simple. Craver is the coach an dhe know best. He has coaching experience and he knows what he is doing. Fuck man Coaach's are humans and they make mistakes.
    Yep, Carver is the coach and he knows better than you and I. Pretty true statement is it not?

Answer each of these questions honestly for me Will do sir.

1) If Carve rused Guevera, Edu, and Brennan do you think TFC would have beaten KC on Saturday
    To be frank, yes. Even more honest answer, we should have beat them with the lineup he started.

2) Is so we would have gained an extra 2 points. Currently we sit just 2 points out of 6th spot in the east. That is 2 points out of second last.
    Is so? That's a new one to me. Two points would have been fantastic and should have happened, with or without Guevara and Brennan. I'm glad you can do math though, one weight off my mind.

3) Would you not feel more comfortable isf we had those extra 2 points.
    Of course I would, only an idiot would say no. That's how sports work, fancy that!

4) Everyone says well Guevera wa sprobaly tired from his international duties in Honduras. IN actual fact the last game he palye dfor Honduras was on June 14th, therefore he had a weeks rest same as the TFC players who played On June 14th vs Colorado.
    Exactly right. Hey look, I've agreed again. Your fundamental arguement is flawed again!

5) if you use Carvers logic that he won't change his roster because they are undefeated (i.e Edwards hasn't lost a game as Sutton's replacement) then he should follow thru in his lopgic and use the same players vs New England as he did vs. KC. Do you expect or think he will do this? No? Why not? Probaly becasue he knows the team would lose and that it backfired on him last Saturday
    Dude, we were playing a shit team. The squad he fielded SHOULD have beat KC, end of story. NE is one of the best teams in the league, of course you're going to start your best XI. It didn't backfire in the sense that his lineup didn't work. It backfired in the sense the the players didn't do their job. You have to realize when and who to lay the correct blame on in different situations.

Fuck man, Carve rhas done some good things and everyone kiss's his ass. Now he made a mistake and you still want to kiss his ass. Why can't you admit he is human and made a mistake which cost us 2 points.
    I don't really think he made any major mistakes this past weekend. He fielded a team that should have won. The players couldn't get the job done. The only mistake I saw was not starting Guevara at the start of the second half.

You call anyone who disagrees with you or goes agaianst a decision as being ignorant. Ignorant is someone who can't look at both sides. You seem to take the logic if it's good for Carve ror TFC it's good for you.
    I don't believe I've called anyone ignorant for disagreeing with me. Maybe for being ignorant and not knowing how certain situations work, like how coaches and players have to deal with things like attitudes, league rules, etc.

Maybe you should look up the definition of ignorant if you really believe it means someone who can't see both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    You guys really should try this ignore feature. It works...it adds a valium feel to the whole board. And it makes Shaughno seem like he's talking to himself a lot.

I do that too... that would be weird to see me talking to myself in real life and on the board....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    1) it wouldn't really have made a difference who we started on Saturday vs KC they came looking for a point and got it. last season our starters were tired towards the end of the season and with wcq games this year
    the same will happen so a rest here or there won;t hurt.

2) the extra 2 point might make a difference at seasons end, but then again the one point we got might make a difference getting into the playoffs as well.

3) yes....without doubt...but theres more games to come.

4) but there was jet lag to be considered...say Guevara played the full 90 , got hurt and was out for the rest of the season, how would you feel, i would rather a manger play it safe with players coming off Int'l duty.
    5) carver will not name is roster in advance to the press or us, why make thing easy for the revs, i ecpect Guevara, sutton, EDU to play on the weekend.

people disagree on boards like this...thats just they way it goes...i don't believe Carver made a mistake saturday, just lloked ahead to the big picture..the playoffs.
    I couldn't resist. Coming from someone who's travelled quite a bit. It doesn't take a week to get over jet lag Guevara can play a full 90 this saturday and get hurt and not play the rest of the season, I won't blame it on him having to travel to NE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Definitely plays a factor with Brennan and Sutton though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    ^^ Definitely plays a factor with Brennan and Sutton though.
    Agreed! I didn't think they should play saturday. Mostly because Dunivant and Edwards had good games the previous match. So no need to rush these guys back.

Etobicoke, ON, CANADA...the greatest country in the world!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amigo, I agree with you completely! I have faith in JC...and believe that there will be promising acquisitions in the weeks to come (as he assures).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no response from the almighty giambac. I'm disappointed but I figured he wouldn't be back after I answered his questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Carver's good enough for Bobby Robson, then he's good enough for us.

Said that from day one, and stand by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    If Carver's good enough for Bobby Robson, then he's good enough for us.

Said that from day one, and stand by it.
    Mate, we're sheep by all accounts because we support Carver. Apparently Mo does all the work and Carver rests on his laurels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Mate, we're sheep by all accounts because we support Carver. Apparently Mo does all the work and Carver rests on his laurels.
    er, um... baaaahhhhh?

Whatever, some people won't be happy until we appoint Fabio Capello... or Genaro the Sicilian Fish Monger, or this guy their cousin Vinnie knows in the Bridge (Wood, not Stamford), as our next manager.

It appears as though that Carver does have majority support around here though - only the odd few who have it in for him... unless we lose or draw, then the knives really come out, which just makes me laugh to no end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I try to stay away but it's just too much fun watching them lose control and cut up anything they can get their minds around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<sarcasm> Nothing less than perfection should do from here on out. If Carver draws in NE he should be fired for letting point drops away, if he loses, he should be fired AND ridiculed. A Draw in a 30 game schedule... embarrassing. What low standards we all have </sarcasm>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I hear yah, it would be absolutely unacceptable and grounds for hunting him down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ sharpening the pitch fork now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, got the machete glistening.