View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job Preki has done as head coach of Toronto FC?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

208 96.30%
  • No

8 3.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That is a good defensive game. You do not play a good defensive game by simply sitting back. It is just that your focus is defense first and your build your attacking game from that strengh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    If you want anti-football.

See 2004, Euro.

That is an extreme example of defensive football, but that is not a typical example of winning defensive football, or thought they did win.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have voted yes all season so im obviously not changing now.

Preki knows what he is doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id love to know who isnt happy and why, still early days but he seems to have a good thing going

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Typical of the bi-polar nature of toronto sport's fans. After a couple losses in a row, we'll be calling for his head on a platter.
    Or any city's sports fans.

Preki's done well now that the roster is settled. Why it's been four years in a row that Mo can't get a settled roster together we'll likely never know but it's done and it's rolling. Let's hope that the team keeps it going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    The question then becomes how long do you keep DeRo and JDG on the roster if they get less playing time. This is simply a question of economics. Why pay two players more than the rest of the roster if they are going to spend significant time on the bench. And the philiosophy that Preki professes (all players are equal) would lend itself to this.

I wonder how long players like Ibby and Cronin will remain with the team - they are young players who need further development and it looks like development time will be limited for them here. Perhaps they should be moved (and Preki would be the guy initiating it) while we can still get something for them.

I'm not sold on Preki by a long shot. Fear isn't a motivator that you can keep in place for a long time and I believe his control rests on fear more than anything else. But I hope that we continue to get results.
    I'm under the impression that Preki will have his most productive XI (i.e. the players that cost the most) on the pitch for important games later in the season and playoff games.

I hate to say it about Cronin but both he and Ibby are expendable. If their trade value exceeds their value to the team then it would be more prudent to trade them. Cronin just doesn't appear to fit into Preki's plans, which is truly unfortunate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Football is all bout the last game so these kind of snap polls could be making someone president one day and hanging their effigy the next.
    Like i wrote on the OP, its how you feel at the moment, not a final assessment. Like a marathon, this is just a snapshot of our support at this point in time. A low approval rating does not rate him as an overall failure, just like a high approval rating does not mean he's Sir Alex Ferguson.

The last thing I would want is the ~96% approval rating for one month to translate into an iron-clad unlimited contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    id love to know who isnt happy and why, still early days but he seems to have a good thing going
    Same here. I can't imagine any valid reason not to approve of the job he is doing in the present moment.

If you think it's too early to judge him, that's perfectly valid - but then you shouldn't be answering the poll question at all, in that case.

But who comes out of a month in which we didn't lose a single game, and says "I disapprove"?

Imagine how our first few games might have gone, if Preki had a settled lineup at that point, instead of Mo continuing to throw new faces at him. We might very well be 6-1-3 or 7-1-2 right now.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki! Fuck The World! Love him!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

Imagine how our first few games might have gone, if Preki had a settled lineup at that point, instead of Mo continuing to throw new faces at him.

- Scott
    playing devil's advocate, literally, how do you know it was all Johnstons fault and had nothing to do with Preki?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    playing devil's advocate, literally, how do you know it was all Johnstons fault and had nothing to do with Preki?
    Based on the fact that this team is playing nothing like the teams of the past three years. And based on the fact that, when this team was still new and in flux, they played like shit for the first few games.

This would seem to indicate that they got better as a team, once Preki hammered his system into them.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Preki! Fuck The World! Love him!

Even if all of the roster changes were Preki-initiated, Mo sat on his rear end until the CBA was settled before he started bringing in Preki's choices -- while other MLS clubs were doing deals. Now probably that had something to do with wanting to know the cap space, but it also matches the pattern from previous seasons of not settling the roster for the first few games.

The good news is that if Preki and his boys are around next year, we will probably only see smaller changes next year.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

preki is awesome. i've said it all year. the mentality is completely different and the team is doing well and will certainly make the playoffs. This is quite a turnaround.

Everything considered, i am completely impressed so far.

Well done for preki and the rest of the bunch.