Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want REAL GRASS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets move the NFL here asap and put the Argos to sleep forever. The argos are a cheap operation in a even cheaper league, if they want a new stadium, go to the feds and provincial gov't to help out...but they won;'t they know its only a matter of time before TO gets a real pointyball league team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people were at the Finance meeting, they would know that there is little to NO CHANCE of this happening

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    If people were at the Finance meeting, they would know that there is little to NO CHANCE of this happening

never say never....but lets hope not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Lets move the NFL here asap and put the Argos to sleep forever. The argos are a cheap operation in a even cheaper league, if they want a new stadium, go to the feds and provincial gov't to help out...but they won;'t they know its only a matter of time before TO gets a real pointyball league team.
    Good points. And I agree with every point you made.

But the NFL in this joke of a city

You are having a laugh.

Can you imagine 20,000 Steeler fans coming here to be dealt with by Toronto`s finest.

Not happening here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Tor View Post

You are having a laugh.

Can you imagine 20,000 Steeler fans coming here to be dealt with by Toronto`s finest.

Not happening here.

you don't like TOs police!! with the problems that are going to happen at the borders with passports now 20,000 Steelers fans coming here would be a bit much, if you got 2500 that would be good. It's coming to To, whay do you thing the Bills are testing the markets, they can't survive in Buffalo much longer it's a dying city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't like TOs police!! with the problems that are going to happen at the borders with passports now 20,000 Steelers fans coming here would be a bit much, if you got 2500 that would be good. It's coming to To, whay do you thing the Bills are testing the markets, they can't survive in Buffalo much longer it's a dying city.
    Fair enough.

Let us see what happens when they try the Bills this year.`

I have a strong feeling they will come once, and never come back.

This city does not like people to have a good time.

But, let us wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are having a laugh.

Not happening here.
    Okay, for the record, I really like Toronto and I don't think it's a joke of a city. It does have its problems.

But the idea of an NFL team in a city with no interest in high school or college football would be new. Of course, minor league (including college) sports have never drawn very many crowds in Canada, and Toronto seems like a city that only supports sports at the highest levels (Leafs yes- Marlies no, TFC yes-Lynx no), so maybe the NFL would work.

I still think the main thing keeping the NFL out is the franachise fee. Houston paid $700 million. The potential owners think they can get some kind of deal on the Bills, but they'll likely have to outbid LA. It's just too much money for anyone in Toronto.

The Argos, of course, should team with the U of T or York, or a whole bunch of colleges, or something. There should be a decent 25,000 seat football stadium in Toronto for college, university and high school football.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachRed View Post
    Okay, for the record, I really like Toronto and I don't think it's a joke of a city. It does have its problems.

But the idea of an NFL team in a city with no interest in high school or college football would be new. Of course, minor league (including college) sports have never drawn very many crowds in Canada, and Toronto seems like a city that only supports sports at the highest levels (Leafs yes- Marlies no, TFC yes-Lynx no), so maybe the NFL would work.

I still think the main thing keeping the NFL out is the franachise fee. Houston paid $700 million. The potential owners think they can get some kind of deal on the Bills, but they'll likely have to outbid LA. It's just too much money for anyone in Toronto.

The Argos, of course, should team with the U of T or York, or a whole bunch of colleges, or something. There should be a decent 25,000 seat football stadium in Toronto for college, university and high school football.
    Rogers and the Jays group who are looking at buyiing an NFL team, have that kind of money, they should i just checked my rogers bill...crooks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant as a sports town and an entertainment friendly environment for people wanting to have a good time outside the boundaries.

I have been here many years and make a very good living here.

I am not slaggin the city as a whole. I am just questioning the viability of an NFL franchise here as I am sure anyone who has been to a college or NFL game in the States would wonder just how it would work here with any success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roand the Jays group who are looking at buyiing an NFL team, have that kind of money, they should i just checked my rogers bill...crooks!!
    Uncle Ted is taking over mate.

Not with Cito back in charge though surely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogers and the Jays group who are looking at buyiing an NFL team, have that kind of money, they should i just checked my rogers bill...crooks!!
    Oh yeah, they've got money - I just don't think they'll spend that much.

I always find all this "NFL coming to Toronto" talk funny - the NFL would be here in a second if someone put up the money. It's just about the money.

I can't imagine how much Rogers bills will be if they get into something as expensive as the NFL. Idiots.

also, I think it's funny that MLSE is looking at an English soccer team - it seems like a much smarter buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant as a sports town and an entertainment friendly environment for people wanting to have a good time outside the boundaries.

I have been here many years and make a very good living here.

I am not slaggin the city as a whole. I am just questioning the viability of an NFL franchise here as I am sure anyone who has been to a college or NFL game in the States would wonder just how it would work here with any success
    You're right, I don't see it either. The thing is, the NFL hasn't really sold anywhere outside the US. People keep saying it would work in Mexico or Tokyo - maybe.

But I really think soccer has a much better chance of becoming a major sport in North America than NFL football does of becoming popular in Europe or South America or Asia or Africa.

Bringing an NFL team to Toronto is thirty years too late.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, they've got money - I just don't think they'll spend that much.

I always find all this "NFL coming to Toronto" talk funny - the NFL would be here in a second if someone put up the money. It's just about the money.

I can't imagine how much Rogers bills will be if they get into something as expensive as the NFL. Idiots.

also, I think it's funny that MLSE is looking at an English soccer team - it seems like a much smarter buy.

i can't see them buying Leeds...too much debt there...one of the Shieffied teams? possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, kind sir, but aren't you assuming that they won't?
    not making any assumptions at all, I don't make the decisions, so why would I assume anything,and continually create threads about it.."

the sky is falling the sky is falling!!!111!"

you know that sort of thing
    Last edited by joel; 06-22-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    here is my take!!!!

give the argos BMO!!!!!

look at the stadiums going up in RSL, NY, and Phily, and we play in a stadium that is no better than high school stadiums in the USA!!

please build us something worthy of TFC!!!
    QFT!
    My man said it right!

Now get ready for the inevitable "OMG BUT BMO IS OUR HOUSE AND IT IS AMAZING"

Honest truth from my perspective, BMO is quickly becoming the ugliest piece of trash in the MLS, and the sad part is it was just built...

Why does a shite team like RSL get such a fancy stadium and we are stuck with Lamport Senior?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can somebody name me an outdoor stadium that has a moveable stand on rails?
    Skydome has such a thing, but it's indoors... outdoors presents more difficulties.

everyone throws this out and some sort of solution but that's asking a lot of the tech design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    can somebody name me an outdoor stadium that has a moveable stand on rails?
    Skydome has such a thing, but it's indoors... outdoors presents more difficulties.

everyone throws this out and some sort of solution but that's asking a lot of the tech design.
    mile high stadium in denver had this. they used to move the one side stand back so the rockies could play there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    mile high stadium in denver had this. they used to move the one side stand back so the rockies could play there
    that wasn't on rails tho... it was a pretty massive hydraulic operation. for a 76000 seat stadium that's reasonable but not for a small one.

anyhow, i doubt they'd use movable seats because it adds costs. the cheapest solution is to build traditional stands, not dabble in technology that almost nobody uses.
    it also doesn't solve the problem of centering the field properly and the effect on the north end.
    by my calculations long ago it just wouldn't fit without causing problems with the north end staircase.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never say never....but lets hope not.
    According to Jack (if I remember correctly) it would cost close to 15 million to renovate the stadium. As part of the deal, MLSE said they would not want the soccer experience ruined (ie: the annoying pointyball lines). Also the seats would have to be exactly where they are now not an inch further. The argos are worth $3 million. Why in the blue hell would they waste close to 4 times as much as they are worth to pay for this shit. So Business wize, it's a shitty decision. so I doubt it will ever EVER happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    that wasn't on rails tho... it was a pretty massive hydraulic operation. for a 76000 seat stadium that's reasonable but not for a small one.

anyhow, i doubt they'd use movable seats because it adds costs. the cheapest solution is to build traditional stands, not dabble in technology that almost nobody uses.
    it also doesn't solve the problem of centering the field properly and the effect on the north end.
    by my calculations long ago it just wouldn't fit without causing problems with the north end staircase.
    True, the existing stadium doesn't appear to be compatible with movable end stands. What makes movable stands even less plausible is that it would be impossible to build any permanent infrastructure - washrooms, concessions - under them. The more I try to visualise a multi-purpose BMO Field, the more half-baked the idea seems to become.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish people would stop comparing the NFL to the CFL... That's like comparing MLS to the EPL...not worth the time. We don't have the same quality, but we still support the team, right? Same thing happens with the CFL. I personally do not want to see a 135 year old club die, or a league that is Canadian. I also do not want to share a stadium. All sports are meant to have a specific stadium built for one game only. Mixed stadiums blow large and I hope this doesn't happen. The Argos get 30,000 per game, tv ratings are fine, they have a sweet deal at Skydome...why move? The Bills won't be coming here for a while...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos enjoyed a higher-than-average attendance last year because they used the Grey Cup to boost season ticket sales. Normally, they're quite pleased getting over the 25,000 mark and it wasn't so long ago that crowds in the teens were seen at the dome.

Put a bad Argos team into an outdoor stadium in the cold nights of late October or mid-November and you'll be lucky to see a half-full stadium.

It's never going to justify jeopardizing the growing success of soccer to have the Argos share BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pointyball is shit in general. I hope NFL doesn't come to Toronto and I hope Argos move to Ottawa or somewhere else instead of BMO field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a league full of your avatar girls.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos need to sort out their own mess. Argos fans don't care where they see the game as long as their leaving the Rogers Centre. I don't want more seats. I want the demand to continue. I don't have seasons but have found ways to get tix every time. I wait as patiently as possible for seasons. I want to see grass. Get the National team in the stadium, grow the sport not just TFC and a by product is letting the Argos clean up the mess they've made. Move to York already.