Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry BMO expansion depends on Argos !!!!

Did any one else hear Mitch Peacock during the game today say the he spoke to someone from mlse and that expansion of the east grandstand will depend if the ARGOS Come in as tenants?

WTF!!!!!!!!! we better get the black shirts ready!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boo fucking hoo. they won't do it unless they have removable/adjustable seating anyway, so get over it already, if it's 30,000 and still functions as a proper SSS why do you care?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because it won't be soccer specific

the sight lines will be fucked
    the distance to the pitch will be fucked
    the chances of us ever getting grass will be fucked
    our all red stadium with TFC flags will be fucked
    gridiron lines on a pitch looks fucked

basically, the idea of the argos coming and it being linked to expansion is just fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The argo's will not come, BMO will expand in the upcoming years! Just keep positive people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep making assumptions people

assume the seating setup will change, and not be removeable/flexible
    assume the gridiron lines will be on the pitch
    assume the distance to the pitch will change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need some signing or trade rumours.. the locals are getting antsy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was the best thing i herd all day long, maybe now i might be able to get some seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Keep making assumptions people

assume the seating setup will change, and not be removeable/flexible
    assume the gridiron lines will be on the pitch
    assume the distance to the pitch will change
    Correct me if I'm wrong, kind sir, but aren't you assuming that they won't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA fucking up yet another good thing by going to Montreal and not forcing itself more assertively on BMO Field. They should be demanding grass and to keep it soccer specific. If it becomes a shared facility with North America's oldest homeless sports franchise, then something beautiful and true becomes a joke and another sports marketing grab that loses all its meaning. People around the world laugh at North American sports because all of it is fake and marketing driven. TFC will become that too if they have to share our house with a stupid team playing a silly game that nobody in the world cares about except for two countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It [expansion] is a thought in everyone's head," said Dianne Young, general manager and CEO of Exhibition Place. "Will it happen for a year or two? Not likely."

On the touchiest political issue - who would pay for the project, which is estimated to cost between $15-million and $20-million - Exhibition Place chairman and deputy mayor Joe Pantalone was firm.

"The city clearly is not going to pay," he said. "We have already made our investment and it has been very successful."

Told of the comment, Mr. Hunter said "that is a good opening position."

That's what I have thought. Argos aren't coming unless they pay for expansion because if MLSE only pays for expansion, then I highly doubt they'll let the Argos play in BMO field at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos are sailing a doomed ship with the NFL about to do to them what Godzilla did to Bambi. BMO Field won't save the CFL in Toronto from withering away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Argos are sailing a doomed ship with the NFL about to do to them what Godzilla did to Bambi. BMO Field won't save the CFL in Toronto from withering away.
    I don't know about that. Argos seem to always find a way to survive in Toronto market. I think people who love football, but can't afford to watch NFL live will go to Argos games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I don't know about that. Argos seem to always find a way to survive in Toronto market. I think people who love football, but can't afford to watch NFL live will go to Argos games.
    Or save up all their money to go to a couple of NFL games a year. But it's true, the Argos won't ante up to pay for expansion. IF they were ever going to spend money on a stadium, they wouldn't be permanently homeless for 120 years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather keep the stadium as is instead of having the Argos come in. Keep it SSS, build soccer in Canada etc etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    "It [expansion] is a thought in everyone's head," said Dianne Young, general manager ......who would pay for the project, which is estimated to cost between $15-million and $20-million -
    It will come in closer to $30 million. AND it can't happen before 2010-11.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    It will come in closer to $30 million. AND it can't happen before 2010-11.
    So let me get this straight.....

Stadium cost..70 Million$ - 20 000 seats + pitch + lighting/electronic
    Upgrade - 30 Mil$ - 10 000 seats.......

Didn't they say this stadium was designed with upgrade in mind?
    A little under half the cost for 1/2 the seating without exspensive shit to install.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was nothing but a parking lot there before then there was no "deconstruction". But I am assuming considering now there are footings, structure etc. to consider, those costs add to the construction costs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the city invovled...somebody should be able to do a search for the construction costs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    So let me get this straight.....

Stadium cost..70 Million$ - 20 000 seats + pitch + lighting/electronic
    Upgrade - 30 Mil$ - 10 000 seats.......

Didn't they say this stadium was designed with upgrade in mind?
    A little under half the cost for 1/2 the seating without exspensive shit to install.
    I'm sorry, I should have qualified my statement. It will be closer to $30 milllion to integrate retractable seating among other pointy ball field requirements to accomodate the Argos at BMO Field.

I have no idea what it would cost to add SSS seating.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and most likely with the south stands on rails, no washrooms under the south stands, where would the extra 10K and the current fans go pee...seems to me that the south stands on rails wont happen, they will end up just pushing us back away from the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything happens with the Argos...we will never ever have grass in our lifetime at BMO field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Argos come in, I will definitely drop 2 of my 4 seasons ticket, probably my more expensive ones. There will be no demand for tickets and whenever I need more, I will simply buy them off the many people who will be selling below face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    and most likely with the south stands on rails, no washrooms under the south stands, where would the extra 10K and the current fans go pee...seems to me that the south stands on rails wont happen, they will end up just pushing us back away from the field.
    Unless they come up with some badass state of the art system to compete with the shite stadium in New Jersey. Imagine a fully built upper deck above the south end.

Have a surface like the one they just played the superbowl in and move grass in over field turf.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 06-22-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    boo fucking hoo. they won't do it unless they have removable/adjustable seating anyway, so get over it already, if it's 30,000 and still functions as a proper SSS why do you care?
    Thats the bit I never quite understand.... How exactly do they make the seating removable for CFL games while at the same time adding 10,000 seats?

My maths is a bit old school, but usually when you take seats out the total number goes down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Thats the bit I never quite understand.... How exactly do they make the seating removable for CFL games while at the same time adding 10,000 seats?

My maths is a bit old school, but usually when you take seats out the total number goes down.
    I have an idea in my head on how it might work.
    Not kidding, If it wasn't for the fact that The argos have completly different colours then us, I think they could work out a deal.

Call me an optimist. But don't get me wrong. I don't want them. The amount of money that would be needed to pull this off would be substantial. I'm thinking a fully built upper tier over the south-end wraping around 110 and 109. Connected to the second tier already there. Same with the north end. Patio goes out.

That much I think is do-able. But because the argos are there...I think a Training ground for the team isn't a bad idea. Could be used by the academy too. Wouldn't be the full time training center, but good for whenever the argos have a game. (+good for academy kids no?) The stadium will be our main training ground. The Argos will have to build they're own training facility, a permanent one.

(I know, long...it's almost over)

The argos pay for their training ground and 3/4 of the upgrades. We take care of the other 1/4 and our training ground.

Paul can I have a job?
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 06-22-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the protest back on for the all star game then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$15million-$20million figure only applies to adding 10,000 seats. There's no way it will only cost $15million-$20million to rebuild BMO field for CFL standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont care if the argos play there aslong as there is NEVER any hash marks on the pitch.... EVER..

and if they are play in our house, i want the north end converted to a full stand, and i want all corners filled in so there is a FULL lower bowl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is my take!!!!

give the argos BMO!!!!!

look at the stadiums going up in RSL, NY, and Phily, and we play in a stadium that is no better than high school stadiums in the USA!!

please build us something worthy of TFC!!!