Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is miles ahead of last season, i think we can agree on that...im sure JC will use his regular starters in Boston as this is a big game for both clubs...come on REDS a good road victory or point is required!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I think we do need him here. He knows what he is doing and the track record proves it. How do we know Guevara didnt tell him beforehand he didn't have 90 minutes in him? And are you guys seriously not taking into account that Jimmy played last night?

Besides. KC has been underperforming. Maybe Carver was trying to play the guys who haven't been getting minutes in an effort to keep them in game shape should we need them later on...which with more callups coming, we will.

Relax guys. Had we lost the game, maybe we'd have reason to be upset.
    last year we would have lost this game, this year we got the point, 3 would ave been better,but looking at the big picture Carver has us playing some good football, KC were never going to be pushovers they are a good team and with half the season to go could still surprise people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    It's true.

Ps. Already been there today...
    Don't do it boys; I'm online pretty much all the time and I've managed to avoid it (okay, copious bouts of Mass Effect and GRID have helped);

But it is killing me. I"m on the Sporting Life transfer/news wire thing every half hour to see if anyone from England is listed as moving here; doing the google news searches etc. There's something potentially big hanging there, and we can all smell it but none of us know who or what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkus_420 View Post
    keep it that way

hahaha im just kidding around mostly and I apologize if Ive offended anyone, I agree we should play our best 11 always, so i guess the way JC does things contradicts what we wish. Unfortunately we will have to deal with it for it now. So I guess the best thing we can do is remain positive and support our team and its coaches, bashing them doesnt help at all, but i understand and appreciate your concerns, I just dont like the negativity towards the team, even if they deserve it. Lets give em a break for now(theyre not on the same level as the leafs yet, and lets pray that never happens)
    That's a much more reasonable post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW. Chill out guys. You ever heard of squad rotation? Players come back from international duty, and due to fatigue/jet lag/just being away from their club teammates for so long, they can't always slip right back into the team.

Guevara had a couple of second-half chances but it's not like he's guaranteed to score or create a goal every game.

I'll be the first to question the coach if he makes a mistake, but this has nothing to do with his ego. As he said on TFC TV, he's not keeping the same squad game-to-game to be clever.

JC's around the team and players every day in training. I think in this instance, I trust Carver's judgement about 100x more than a couple internet posters.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    I agree with you, but why should we the fans be made to pay for that level of ignorance.

Whil I may agree that he deserves a pass his time, I don't thin we should sit on the fence wiht this one. He should hear it from us all. THat was insulting!

he made the right call, the guys that started should have been KC...this may come as a shock to you we are not going to win every game and a stinker will happen once and a while...you want to complain about management style go down to the ACC and yell they have no style there period. I would rather the manager give the guys soming off int'l duty a rest...they deserve that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    he made the right call, the guys that started should have been KC...this may come as a shock to you we are not going to win every game and a stinker will happen once and a while...you want to complain about management style go down to the ACC and yell they have no style there period. I would rather the manager give the guys soming off int'l duty a rest...they deserve that.
    This may come as a shock to you but your opinion is not fact. Just because you think he made the right choice doesnt mean he did. Carver knew he wasnt playing his best players, and we didnt have the best chance to win because of it, so he should not be exempt from criticism because you're a sheep.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    So we aren't that far off in our issues

man we really need some trade speculation/rumours around here. That would surely put an end to these Carver threads.
    Then we would see the return of the pro-Mo and anti-Mo threads.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Tyler View Post
    This may come as a shock to you but your opinion is not fact. Just because you think he made the right choice doesnt mean he did. Carver knew he wasnt playing his best players, and we didnt have the best chance to win because of it, so he should not be exempt from criticism because you're a sheep.
    It has nothing to do with being a sheep. Take your own advice on opinions not being fact.

Carver started the best squad available to him aside from one player, Guevara. IMO, the only mistake Carver really made in that game was not getting Guevara in after the half. The rest was up to the players. Brennan, Sutton and Edu all deserved the rest. You can't say it's all Carver's fault when the players just *gasp* didn't get the job done.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

< set sarcasm on >
    OMG! Carver gave the team a day off from practice... he didn't run them to death for not winning the KC game... he took them to the beach!

Team bonding? We want discipline! The best players playing all the time (tired or not after flying all over the place and not seeing their families for a while) and the reserves wondering just what it would take to get a shot. we don't care if it a long season or not... we want to see the starting 11 every game of a long and busy season and god help them if they falter.
    <set sarcasm off>

So far so good... John Carver is a straight shooter who we can trust to do things his way and not BS us along the way. He is not paid to lose and I think has a good handle on the big picture... bring players along... foster team unity... hold out "carrots" for the players to strive for and achieve in small steps at a time.
    I think he has the playoffs as a goal and I think the team is looking good to get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    < set sarcasm on >
    OMG! Carver gave the team a day off from practice... he didn't run them to death for not winning the KC game... he took them to the beach!

Team bonding? We want discipline! The best players playing all the time (tired or not after flying all over the place and not seeing their families for a while) and the reserves wondering just what it would take to get a shot. we don't care if it a long season or not... we want to see the starting 11 every game of a long and busy season and god help them if they falter.
    <set sarcasm off>

So far so good... John Carver is a straight shooter who we can trust to do things his way and not BS us along the way. He is not paid to lose and I think has a good handle on the big picture... bring players along... foster team unity... hold out "carrots" for the players to strive for and achieve in small steps at a time.
    I think he has the playoffs as a goal and I think the team is looking good to get there.

listen to this guy, he knows what the fucking is going on!!!