Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    WOW!
    Said it B4 and I'll say it again.....Some of you peeps are over the top............Makes for interesting reading tho...
    LOL agreed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whiny little bitches,
    shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    We get a draw and wow I am astounded with the quantity and the lack of quality posts here.
    Fixed your post

Good lord guys (and gals?) you have to lighten up. a 0-0 draw isn't the end of the world. We may have dropped 2 points but we may not have either. Assuming we will automatically win with Guevarra on the pitch is a bit over the top. If that was the case, we would have a pretty decent road record don't you think?

Why not try and look at the bright side? A clean sheet, Our D is looking pretty good....Carver has got them working together nicely, Harmse did well today as did Dunnivant, Robert and Ricketts made some pretty decent runs and feeds. And in the post game interview, Carver said without saying it that Cunny is done and it is time to make an investment in someone who can score.

And don't forget to look at what KC did. They shut down Dichio effectively and caused a lot of havok in the midfield.

Look on the bright side of things and just be glad:

1) we aren't Chicago...a good team that is dropping games(not tying) to teams they shouldn't AND will have to give us a nice player for Mcbride's rights.
    2) we aren't the Red Balls... a team with a good finisher who is injured and nothing else on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    Also
    It's obvious his cavalier attitidude towards todays game (ie KC is so shit we can afford to play a B team) rubbed off on the rest of the team and they just walked around as if the 3 points were a mere formality.
    Very disappointing.
    Remember this result next week when we lose 0-2...or at the end of the year if we're in a bad spot relative to the playoffs.
    really? the same team won 3-1 last week, you are slagging a 'B' team that played great last week, you have a short memory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? the same team won 3-1 last week, you are slagging a 'B' team that played great last week, you have a short memory.
    Come back next week when we've won, you wont have to argue a stupid argument.

olegunnar

Coffee is for closers.
    we dopped 2 points at home against the worst team in the East. If you're happy with that good for you but it's not the mentality of anyone that's ever won anything.
    Maybe we'll get a participation ribbon though and orange wedges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the aforementioned whiny bitches comment. The man is letting his players know that they won't be kept out of the first team because of reputations, that the man who plays well, stays.

Whether we have the depth is arguable, but the reality is the same team that didn't score for 57 minutes today before the subs started scored three last week against a tougher team than KC. So was it some kind of crazy risk, or automatically flushing two points? Hardly.

Lighten the fuck up, people. We took a point, we haven't lost at home all season and we're on pace to make the playoffs, with the imminent prospect of a striker arriving. Stop overreacting.

EDIT: Oh, and prepare your usual apologies for over-reacting, because a semi-rotational policy is going to come in handy come Olympics time, when we WON'T have a group of players who feel like disgruntled lifetime benchers on the field.
    Last edited by jloome; 06-21-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I agree with the aforementioned whiny bitches comment. The man is letting his players know that they won't be kept out of the first team because of reputations, that the man who plays well, stays.

Whether we have the depth is arguable, but the reality is the same team that didn't score for 57 minutes today before the subs started scored three last week against a tougher team than KC. So was it some kind of crazy risk, or automatically flushing two points? Hardly.

Lighten the fuck up, people. We took a point, we haven't lost at home all season and we're on pace to make the playoffs, with the imminent prospect of a striker arriving. Stop overreacting.

EDIT: Oh, and prepare your usual apologies for over-reacting, because a semi-rotational policy is going to come in handy come Olympics time, when we WON'T have a group of players who feel like disgruntled lifetime benchers on the field.
    Thank you Jloome...

And now that we only drew today, Carver has the ability and justification to change things up.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 06-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Good point re the international absences that are to come. We've just finished a bit of a nightmare and soon we'll be stuck in another one and when that time comes, we'll be thrilled and relieved that players like Harmse and Dunny have had some first team time and do feel like part of this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Ok... Pachuco chill out.
    Why would you like him to confirm to some Red Patch Boys inner circle Code of Conduct? He is completely right.

You keep drinking the Kool Aid CAPTAIN RED PATCH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, thank you Jloome.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Good point re the international absences that are to come. We've just finished a bit of a nightmare and soon we'll be stuck in another one and when that time comes, we'll be thrilled and relieved that players like Harmse and Dunny have had some first team time and do feel like part of this team.
    And can make a good contribution as they did today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fucks sake, it's one game. Get over it. Last week Carver was God...now you shit all over him. How childish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    Yes, thank you Jloome.

And can make a good contribution as they did today.
    Good point. They played solidly today. No, they weren't spectacular but certainly we wouldn't have been expecting them to be spectacular. They did their job and when Carver felt he needed a bit more, he made adjustments.

Besides, did we really want Brennan playing a full match today after play a half for Canada last night?

B

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Besides, did we really want Brennan playing a full match today after play a half for Canada last night?
    Apparently we do!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The three guys got subbed in at the 55 minute mark or there abouts; with KC being at the bottom of the East and if they're as shit as their record indicates, should 35 minutes not have been more than ample time for the boys to find a way to win? All they had to do was win by one goal to earn a victory, no?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe how easily supporters here turn a full 360 degrees. Sure the starting XI wasn't what we were expecting, but I invite anyone who think they can do a better job to go right ahead and submit their resumes to TFC. It was a draw. Not a great game, granted. But Carver has plenty of reasons to field the squad his way. Who are we to know the intimate details of the players and their current shape?
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - Way to loose total grasp of perspective gentlemen....

Firstly remember last year with MoJo coaching... nuff said

Secondly today was tough to watch be we're still unbeaten at home with only 2 goals against.

Third - How can you call Carver egotisical?? He stuck by his promise to his secondary players that if they performed well they would stay in the team. Did we perform well last week? Hell yes. Did hey play the same guys?? Hell yes. Is this egotistical? No fucking way. He is developing competition and team spirit in the squad. Didn't we ALL whine about a lack of depth last year??

I was disappointed that our "first choice" players didn't start today but I did respect Carver for the tough decisions he made.

Egotistical no. Ethical yes.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the Fu*ck does ethics have to do with Professional Sports??????????

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called loyalty.

If the players don't trust the man they play for, he loses them.

Anyone who knows anything about professional sports knows that much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Can't believe how easily supporters here turn a full 360 degrees.
    I think you mean 180 my friend...LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Wow - Way to loose total grasp of perspective gentlemen....

Firstly remember last year with MoJo coaching... nuff said

Secondly today was tough to watch be we're still unbeaten at home with only 2 goals against.

Third - How can you call Carver egotisical?? He stuck by his promise to his secondary players that if they performed well they would stay in the team. Did we perform well last week? Hell yes. Did hey play the same guys?? Hell yes. Is this egotistical? No fucking way. He is developing competition and team spirit in the squad. Didn't we ALL whine about a lack of depth last year??

I was disappointed that our "first choice" players didn't start today but I did respect Carver for the tough decisions he made.

Well said. Let's also not forget that we're three games from the half way point and we only have five points less than we did all of last year. To get worked up over a 0-0 draw when we've improved so much this year is a little over the top.

We broke the league record for not scoring last year, and if we get shut out once this year, we call for the coach's head. Sheesh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a response to Steeltownboy...

?? Is that a serious question?? Have you ever managed people?? Keeping the team spirit and trust in the dressing room has a great deal to do with behaving in a consistent and ethical manner.

Talk to any of the players last year about Mo's approach to the players and you'll see the importance of ethics in professional sports...
    Last edited by andyc; 06-21-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pass the popcorn... this thread rocks! and oh yeah... fire everyone! I want a whole new team... hurry up Chicago and give us Rolfe

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I think you mean 180 my friend...LOL!
    Math was never my strong suit.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah....Cunningham before Guevara...when did El Lobo get back?

I don't know, but starting Cunningham ahead of someone who was on fire against KC the last time seems...well, strange.

MUFC_Niagara

Default Carver Bashers = Disgraceful

Get off the board because you know nothing.1) The team that has CARRIED us while some of our players have been on international duty deserve to start2) As a coach, I do the same thing, go with the players that are producing....3-1 and our best performance of the season last weekend and we are questioning why he started the same lineup today??? Reward them for playing well!!!3) The idiots on this board complaining watch from the stands, if you have better tactics than JC then call Mo....wankers!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...we don't need 3-4 Carver bashing threads and by the same token, let's not do the same with Carver praising threads.

Carver has turned this team around. Real fans know this. Let's hope the panicky pansies realize the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver is your father. Yes, all of you.

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Ok...we don't need 3-4 Carver bashing threads and by the same token, let's not do the same with Carver praising threads.

Carver has turned this team around. Real fans know this. Let's hope the panicky pansies realize the same.
    Agreed....but i've reached my snapping point with the whinging bullshit after matches....the board is the worse because of it!!!

MUFC_Niagara

ok....that was my rant....mods can delete the thread now