Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do we now know why Carver manages in Canada?

I started a thread a couplf of days ago wonering whether he would start Guevara... Everyone said YES! And I agree it was an obvious decision, and he did not make it. The man sat Guevara, Edu, Brennan...played Harmse, cunningham (WHo Robert obvously can't stand), and Dunivant (WHo is actually not terrible, but)

DO we think that we as fans benefit from Carver's rhetorical BS? How dare he bench our best team and as a consequence sacrifice 2 points.

This is our house Damnit! Not his. Protecting it and caring for it is what he gets paid for. Not simply making a point to players who have the priviledge of playing for their country!

Is this a scarry example of why he is coaching in Canada and not in the Preniership? His EGO is a disgarace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely disappointed with Carver's tactics today as well but the positives have far outweighed the negatives thus far so I'll give JC the benefit of the doubt and trust that he's learned his lesson...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, but why should we the fans be made to pay for that level of ignorance.

Whil I may agree that he deserves a pass his time, I don't thin we should sit on the fence wiht this one. He should hear it from us all. THat was insulting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that we aren't playing another MLS game in Toronto for close to a month, and he benches Guevara, makes me lose every ounce of respect I had for Carver. He just made me do a 360 as to what my opinion of him is. It's a disgrace that Guevara was on the bench. To start Cunnigham over Guevara is sickening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you guys are on crack. I'd explain why, but I have a feeling it wouldn't sink in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I think you guys are on crack. I'd explain why, but I have a feeling it wouldn't sink in...
    really? try and explain it? I'm real curious to know now you would justify Cunningham starting over Guevara. I am not talking about any other players, simply explain to me how Cunny starts over Guevara.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck sakes people relax. We can't win every game, Carver is merely trying to gel the team. They played well last week so why change things? Never letting your bench players play will result in future poor performances when we actually need them to start ie. injuries and internationals. Just have patience and realize this team is still developing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark this date and game on your Calanders. Because of Coach Carver we lost 2 points from todays draw. If TFC ends up missing the playoffs by 1 or 2 points you can thank the EGOTISTIC and selfish coach. I mean 5 of their best players who were on international duties came back today and he didn't play one.
    I mean you have your best player in Guevera on the bench. You also have your Captainn on the bench and the rookie of the year last year in Edu on the bench.

It seems that Carver is penalizing these players for playing for their countries. It's not their fault that the MLS doesn't break for these international games. It is their duty/obligation to play for their countries.

It's time for Carver to put his bullshit ego and attitude aside. He caused us the game today. I wish he would go back to coaching in the English league.

His players especially Guevera will lose respect for a bonehead coach. It will cause more problems down the road. Guevera already has a hot temper and not playing him won't help matters.

Now I know why the English national team doesn't want an English coach and they have settled for an ITALIAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Fuck sakes people relax. We can't win every game, Carver is merely trying to gel the team. They played well last week so why change things? Never letting your bench players play will result in future poor performances when we actually need them to start ie. injuries and internationals. Just have patience and realize this team is still developing.
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT WINNING TODAY. If we won, I would still be pissed that Guevara didn't start. Do you think LA would ever put Beckham on the bench because he went off to play an international game? NO. Do you think that Carver would've benched Guevara if today was a playoff game? NO. He highly underrated KC and he should hear a little bit of complaint for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Mark this date and game on your Calanders. Because of Coach Carver we lost 2 points from todays draw. If TFC ends up missing the playoffs by 1 or 2 points you can thank the EGOTISTIC and selfish coach. I mean 5 of their best players who were on international duties came back today and he didn't play one.
    I mean you have your best player in Guevera on the bench. You also have your Captainn on the bench and the rookie of the year last year in Edu on the bench.

It seems that Carver is penalizing these players for playing for their countries. It's not their fault that the MLS doesn't break for these international games. It is their duty/obligation to play for their countries.

It's time for Carver to put his bullshit ego and attitude aside. He caused us the game today. I wish he would go back to coaching in the English league.

His players especially Guevera will lose respect for a bonehead coach. It will cause more problems down the road. Guevera already has a hot temper and not playing him won't help matters.

Now I know why the English national team doesn't want an English coach and they have settled for an ITALIAN.
    I agree with everything you said which is rare, until the point where you said this

Now I know why the English national team doesn't want an English coach and they have settled for an ITALIAN

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax guys. I agree that once our best XI were on the pitch it was a different game, but a lot of these guys do need a rest. Maybe that's what Carver was doing. We don't know. But I wouldn't jump all over him for it. He has gotten us here...I am not going to start thinking I could do a better job.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT WINNING TODAY. If we won, I would still be pissed that Guevara didn't start. Do you think LA would ever put Beckham on the bench because he went off to play an international game? NO. Do you think that Carver would've benched Guevara if today was a playoff game? NO. He highly underrated KC and he should hear a little bit of complaint for it.
    THANKS FOR THE CAPS ! douche. He didn't play Guevara because he still had faith in Cunningham to get results. Although I don't think it was a good idea he had to go with what was working. I also think hes trying to showcase Cunnigham to trade. I fucking hate people who jump all over something as soon as it goes bad. Fucking discgrace if you call yourself a supporter and backstab the manager at first chance.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why would Brennan start today? He arrived from Montreal in the morning and he played last night so it only makes sense he would be on the bench.

Most of these guys just got back with the team in the last couple of days and haven't practiced much with the team.

You think Carver's egotistical? Your fucking coach is supposed to be confident in himself and his decisions.

To be honest, you could tell that Edu and Guevara hadn't played with their teammates in a long time. They were out of synch on the pitch today.

It's one fucking game and you guys are all over the coach. I know the game today was tough to watch, but your frail loyalty is very, very questionable.

I have faith in the man. He's done a great job and look at Toronto FC undefeated at home! Last year we couldn't even fucking dream about that.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that we aren't playing another MLS game in Toronto for close to a month, and he benches Guevara, makes me lose every ounce of respect I had for Carver. He just made me do a 360 as to what my opinion of him is. It's a disgrace that Guevara was on the bench. To start Cunnigham over Guevara is sickening.
    Doing a 360 will put you in the same spot as you started.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little harsh, aren't we?

It's specifically because Carver coached in England that he has the "keep the shirt" policy. It would work there because the depth is much greater. It doesn't work in MLS where the drop-off from the starting 11 is much steeper.

Does that mean that I agree with this policy? Not if he keeps it to this extreme. He should have played Guevara and Brennan and benched Harmse, and alternated Dichio and Cunningham. I don't mind him playing Edwards over Sutton, although Sutton is better IMO.

It's true that he under-rated KC, but the bigger problem is his "keep the shirt" policy which won't work over here. I agree that we lost 2 points due to managerial decisions.

I still think he's a good coach. He just has to learn MLS better.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok... Pachuco chill out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it wasn't his best game coaching but overall he's been a refreshing change from what we saw last year. If he continues to gaf like this then i'll have an issue. For now, i'll just call it a mistake.

No big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Ok... Pachuco chill out.
    I will, I don't like personal insults as you can tell. I didn't insult anyone on this board until I was called a duche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Relax guys. I agree that once our best XI were on the pitch it was a different game, but a lot of these guys do need a rest. Maybe that's what Carver was doing. We don't know. But I wouldn't jump all over him for it. He has gotten us here...I am not going to start thinking I could do a better job.
    Exactly, like it or not we will have a lot of call-ups in the future and we need the bench players to step up. If they don't gain some confidence, we will be a middle of the table team. We still came away today with a point, Carver can revamp the team for the next game with the best 11 men. Players will walk through fire for a coach they trust, and Carver went along way today to earn their trust. No it didn't all work out but he said what he was going to do and he did it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really upsets me most about Carver is that he thinks he is bigger than the team himself. It almost seems like he is trying to purposely do the opposite of what the norm would do. It's almost like he has the attitude that no one is going to tell him what to do. He knows todays move was controversial and that it would drum up alot of attention. But this is exactly what this egotistic coach wants. He wants attention on himmself. The same thing happened when he complained about the officiating and made the stupidiest comment " I may just back my bags and fly back to england if they don't like my coaching style in the MLS".. Well fuck go, good riddance we don't need him here. I mean Toronto is famous for bad coaching/managament with the leafs/ Raptors/Blue Jays. Well today Carver took it to another level.

Like I said he lost us 2 points today. If we miss the palyoffs becasue of 1 or 2 points or if we get a bad seeding becasue of 1 or 2 points please remember this day.

Thanks Carver

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Relax giambac. A lot of coaches come out like that to deflect the heat off their players. Jose Mourinho is an expert at it.

I repeat: Undefeated at home.

That is all I'll say about John Carver. The man is a great manager.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we do need him here. He knows what he is doing and the track record proves it. How do we know Guevara didnt tell him beforehand he didn't have 90 minutes in him? And are you guys seriously not taking into account that Jimmy played last night?

Besides. KC has been underperforming. Maybe Carver was trying to play the guys who haven't been getting minutes in an effort to keep them in game shape should we need them later on...which with more callups coming, we will.

Relax guys. Had we lost the game, maybe we'd have reason to be upset.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!
    Said it B4 and I'll say it again.....Some of you peeps are over the top............Makes for interesting reading tho...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax giambac. A lot of coaches come out like that to deflect the heat off their players. Jose Mourinho is an expert at it.

QFT

We are undefeated at home.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will, I don't like personal insults as you can tell. I didn't insult anyone on this board until I was called a duche.
    I understand.

Insults are not needed.

We're all passionate and we all love TFC, so let's not lose sight of that, people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason we got a draw today is Kansas is an absolute shit team. They missed a bunch of chances and they kept us in the game. Carver has no one to blame but himself. To imagine that our team can now go to New England and grab 3 points on the road is ridiculous. This game will bite us in the ass before the season is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver's tactics today were consistent with the type of attitude he's trying to foster at the club, and in the long term, he made a very positive move today. Even if we lost two points, I agree with his decision.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    WOW!
    Said it B4 and I'll say it again.....Some of you peeps are over the top............Makes for interesting reading tho...
    LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing; "over the top" is more polite than what I was thinking...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack,

I agree with just about everything you say on this forum.

However on this topic I'm steaming and we are going to have to respectfully agree to disagree.

I mean this is the same Coach who earlier in the season was criticizing the MLS and tellin the world how TFC would have a tough uphill battlle with all their palyers being called for international duty. He is the same guy who said TFC would be at a disadvantage losing so many players while teams like DC unite dnot losing any.

So what does he do? His palyers are back and he sits them. He contradicts his own statements.

I don't ever want to hear anymore excuses from him when the players are called agian to play for their countries. He better not use the excuse that his team is undermanned. I won't buy it.

I know we still are unbeatan at home but I had this game circled as being very important. We could easily have been 7-4-2 rather than 6-4-3. We could have been second in the East.

Next week we play on the road where the points are difficult to come by for this team. You know that. This is why you have to get all the points you can on home. Carver just mailed away 2 easy points. You can't do this. Not with a tam that can't win on the road.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll give you that. The game left a bad taste in my mouth and I prefer to see our best team out there on a regular basis.

Still, I maintain some faith in Carver as he's been a pretty straight guy in everything that he's done.

I'll agree to disagree then.