Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CSA Appears to be Cleaning House

Complete reform of the governance of the CSA...sounds good, but We'll have to see how it turns out.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jason...to-change.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHA?!
    Can it be?! The CSA is starting to get organized?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love for it to happen. But I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll wait and see. Great news if true.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Director will be a member of a Provincial/Territorial Board, in order to prevent a conflict of loyalty.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were individuals and provincial representatives who voted against this motion, preferring instead to cling to the status quo, desperately trying to retain their positions of power.

Their political manoeuvring was indiscreet; it was in your face, out in the open for all to see - and everyone in attendance knew it.

Despite their best efforts to derail the reform process they were outnumbered, and those in favour of change - those in favour of moving the Association forward as a unified body - saw the motion passed.
    I'd love more info on this. More than likely, these are the people that have been inhibiting progress at the CSA to begin with. I'd love to know who they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I'd love more info on this. More than likely, these are the people that have been inhibiting progress at the CSA to begin with. I'd love to know who they are.
    Whoever they are, they're going to be losing some power with the reforms, otherwise they wouldn't have opposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Look on the V's forum, you'll get some of the names.

They include an insurance salesman and a guy who can barely speak english looking for a CSA that sells beer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks AG.

So according to the Voyageurs forum, the Alberta delegation were ardent opponents to reform.

Who else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Thanks AG.

So according to the Voyageurs forum, the Alberta delegation were ardent opponents to reform.

Who else?
    Apparently Quebec was against it too.

Surprise surprise, Alberta and Quebec both oppose something everyone else was on board with.

Sound familiar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if BC Soccer people voted against this as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post

Surprise surprise, Alberta and Quebec both oppose something everyone else was on board with.

Sound familiar?
    How come Alberta was against this? I understand Quebec who want to do their way only, and couldn't careless about rest of Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound familiar?
    Guess now they dont need to be appeased with wasting national team games there in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Guess now they dont need to be appeased with wasting national team games there in the future.
    Unfortunately, that's also the wrong attitude to have. Ontario is only a third of Canada. We can't be solely relying on building the game in 1/3 of this country. The approach needs to be inclusive.

Also, Alberta's delegation was actually illegally appointed by certain people in the CSA opposed to reform. The actual ASA tried to send a delegation which would have been pro-reform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    How come Alberta was against this? I understand Quebec who want to do their way only, and couldn't careless about rest of Canada.
    See my post above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alberta gets a pass then. I stand by my previous statement in regards to Quebec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict a future write-up on this on BigNewf's blog. I can hardly wait to read his intellegent, impartial & informative writings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is absolutely baffling to me that this is soooo hard.

Canada has been so poor for so long that it's hard to imagine why sweeping change hasn't come sooner. The terrible little people that try to control an obviously broken system for personal gain and no one has done anything about it until now?

Baffling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Alberta even got to vote. Their provincial association is in complete shambles right now, nobody knows who's in charge and Dominic Maestracci or whatever his name is isn't making the situation any better with his interference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I predict a future write-up on this on BigNewf's blog. I can hardly wait to read his intellegent, impartial & informative writings.

But still, good on CSA to finally get its shit together. Soccer is huge in Canada, bigger than hockey. Its about damn time that the sport gets the recognition it deserves.

Can't wait to see Canadian soccer 20 years from now. I think we'll have a paradigm shift where we'll challenge Mexico and USA for all CONCACAF competitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're finally talking about doing what Holger Osieck wanted to do 10 years ago...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the detailed proposals:

http://onsoccer.ca/?id=6505

3) The appointed Directors would comprise of:
    • One Director from the Professional game
    • One Director to represent National Team athletes
    • Four Directors at large
    I would nominate Paul Bierne of TFC for this position, or Bob Lenarduzzi of the Whitecaps. Either of these people could help the CSA get it's act together, especially on the business and governance side.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    It is absolutely baffling to me that this is soooo hard.

Canada has been so poor for so long that it's hard to imagine why sweeping change hasn't come sooner. The terrible little people that try to control an obviously broken system for personal gain and no one has done anything about it until now?

Baffling.
    I've worked in the Ontario Legislature for 6 years. Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg Provincially and Federally. Some agencies / departments are so poorly planned you would think children created their business plans.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devioustrevor View Post
    I don't think Alberta even got to vote. Their provincial association is in complete shambles right now, nobody knows who's in charge and Dominic Maestracci or whatever his name is isn't making the situation any better with his interference.
    According to the Voyageurs, the ousted Albertan board members got to vote, but didin't get their way (which was against reform, of course).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I would nominate Paul Bierne of TFC for this position, or Bob Lenarduzzi of the Whitecaps. Either of these could help the CSA get it's act together, especially on the business and governance side.
    I would prefer PB to stay here

Still, Lenarduzzi probably deserves the director position more than any single person in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I would nominate Paul Bierne of TFC for this position, or Bob Lenarduzzi of the Whitecaps. Either of these people could help the CSA get it's act together, especially on the business and governance side.

As much as we bitch about the FO, there's no question that when it comes to the business side of things that PB is on top of things. We don't always like the results (for our own reasons) but objectively, he's done an increduble job in terms of handling business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I've worked in the Ontario Legislature for 6 years. Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg Provincially and Federally. Some agencies / departments are so poorly planned you would think children created their business plans.
    Everyone knows business plans are created to show that you are intending to go somewhere, not actually get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    As much as we bitch about the FO, there's no question that when it comes to the business side of things that PB is on top of things. We don't always like the results (for our own reasons) but objectively, he's done an increduble job in terms of handling business.
    PB or BL would both be supremely qualified for the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone knows business plans are created to show that you are intending to go somewhere, not actually get there.
    Most departmental / Ministry business plans lack vision and forethought leaving for poor implementation and clusterfuck situations like what's been going on with CSA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Most departmental / Ministry business plans lack vision and forethought leaving for poor implementation and clusterfuck situations like what's been going on with CSA.
    I don't disagree.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    From what I gather on the Voyageurs board, it wasn't "Alberta" but rather specific elements in Alberta that won't want to give up their positions of influence because a few structure would affect their own personal business models.

Apparently there is a power-struggle in the Alberta Soccer Association right now and the element that was pushed out was more in favour of reform than the element that was allowed to vote at this latest vote.