Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So how would MLSE react to this (classic pictures)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the people with asthma that might start the fights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't get is how they cover the whole south end with smoke using those machines before kick off, but they won't let us use any smoke bombs or flares. In all honesty, whats the difference?

Mikey

Hey if you squint at those images the flares make a message... it says

"look at me! look at me!"
    "I'm hardcore, I has a flare!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they would say...how much can we sell smoke bombs and flares for..profit profit profit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now thats football!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 'hardcore'....Flares and smoke just straight up look amazing!

those pics from Stupido 'Shtad last night were a thing of beauty,

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to football for football. Whoever likes it is welcome to of course, but its not football, its shiny things. All the many cultures involved have made sacrifices im these four years,its part of what makes up special.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mick.seagulls View Post

If only we could.... Ahhh it looks amazing...

Last night was incredible.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are waaaaaaaaay too many retards at BMO to allow yahoos to handle shit like this. Do you really want some clown behind to you setting off flares and smoke bombs?

"Sorry dude, your jackets on fire but if its any consolation…you look really cool!"
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    What I don't get is how they cover the whole south end with smoke using those machines before kick off, but they won't let us use any smoke bombs or flares. In all honesty, whats the difference?
    The difference is Fire safety and control. Those things are not safe in a crowded environment and are illegal. Not negotiable. I think they look cool too until you ask me if I'm prepared to put the safety of our fans, your family, my kids, at risk.
    Last edited by mlsintoronto; 05-13-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post

"Sorry dude, your jackets on fire but if its any consolationyou look really cool!"
    In still photographs...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the smoke/confetti at the start of the game is really lame.
    Last edited by H Bomb; 05-13-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My recollection of this year (which is, admittedly, not good thanks to the wobbly pop, or two, I have pre and at kickoff) is that now all that is being blown off is confetti, no more smoke...

I think the Chicargo game had nothing - but that was probably because of the wind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Also, the smoke/confetti at the start of the game is really lame.
    Yes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    The difference is Fire safety and control. Those things are not safe I. A crowded environment and are illegal. Not negotiable. I think they look cool too until you ask me if I'm prepared to put the safety of our fans, your family, my kids, at risk.
    Amen, completely agree.

But can we also ditch the razzamatazz crap in front of the south end? I really don't thinkw e need bits of glitter and smoke, and it;s so incredibly American, which is in contrast to how MLSE has approached much of the rest of its TFC ethos.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after seeing the flare display last night in person at saputo stadium i have come to a conclusion, I LOVE FLARES OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That stuff was awesome with all the chanting

06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let who use them? You? Maybe the guys who throw bottles at players during the corner, is that a good idea? How about the chaps who threw them at our own fans last year? The guys who fall all over you because they have literally lost the ability to stand straight, are those the guys you want controlling a device that, with a little slip, might burn you to the fucking bone (flares burn pretty fucking hot)? Seriously, I agree, they look badass, you'll never get an argument there, but I don't want them around me, and I don't want the average fan at BMO being able to use them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was young, I shared a room with a youger lad who misgiudedly set off flares and fireworks having fun but some accidently caught his leg, he couldn't walk, everyday he had to have his infected and open flesh wounds rebandage and cleaned. I was horrified and hurt by his constant pain yelling, caused by ????misguided fun????...If 1 person is burned or blinded whatever by out of control idiots, it's 1 to many......can anyone guarantee no injuries........as soon as someone throws 1 into a fan area, without caution......what then??? Sometimes exaggerated me me me attidues are just that: good for noone....and a lack of understanding and commpassion of the overall experience enjoyed by the majority.........

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Let who use them? You? Maybe the guys who throw bottles at players during the corner, is that a good idea? How about the chaps who threw them at our own fans last year? The guys who fall all over you because they have literally lost the ability to stand straight, are those the guys you want controlling a device that, with a little slip, might burn you to the fucking bone (flares burn pretty fucking hot)? Seriously, I agree, they look badass, you'll never get an argument there, but I don't want them around me, and I don't want the average fan at BMO being able to use them.
    This is really the problem in a nutshell.

Everyone who was involved last night knew what they were doing, and it went off without a hitch. No one was injured, nothing got burned.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Everyone who was involved last night knew what they were doing, and it went off without a hitch. No one was injured, nothing got burned.
    If it worked once, why wouldnt it work again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I have no problem with people who know how to use flares using them, and it sounds like that's what happened in Montreal, and that's great. I DO have a problem with drunk idiots seeing those people, saying "AWESOME!!!" and doing the same thing, but buying the wrong kind of flare, or making their own, or what not, and putting me in the hospital. Sorry, but I see no way to differentiate between the two, and until there is a way, no flares at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I have no problem with people who know how to use flares using them, and it sounds like that's what happened in Montreal, and that's great. I DO have a problem with drunk idiots seeing those people, saying "AWESOME!!!" and doing the same thing, but buying the wrong kind of flare, or making their own, or what not, and putting me in the hospital. Sorry, but I see no way to differentiate between the two, and until there is a way, no flares at BMO.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The RPB or any other organized group would take the appropriate steps to ensure safety (and you could tell in MTL that this was the case), but it's the yahoo wannabe who will end up hurting somebody.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    If it worked once, why wouldnt it work again?
    When did I ever say it wouldn't work again??

My comment was in reference to the crowd at BMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone would disagree with you Steve. I wouldn't want some of the drunken morons around me trying to light flares either.

Some of them can't even keep up with a chant, (or stand up) let alone properly light a flare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mick.seagulls View Post

sorry bro lost you scrolling down the page when i saw the alizee paradis link..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which by the way It looked awsome on tv . Even the tv commentators couldn't resist in saying that security no sooner rushed to put out the fire in the TFC zone they were running down to put out the fire in the impacts supporter section. It was almost like a challenge to them .. "If tfc can do it then impact can do it better mentality".. It was spectacular.. I commend all the traveling supporters for pulling off a great flare show.. Even the Impact supporters deserve kudos aswell..
    Last edited by gtaguy; 05-13-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: glad no one got hurt

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    Which by the way It looked awsome on tv . Even the tv commentators couldn't resist in saying that security no sooner rushed to put out the fire in the TFC zone they were running down to put out the fire in the impacts supporter section. It was almost like a challenge to them .. "If tfc can do it then impact can do it better mentality".. It was spectacular.. I commend all the traveling supporters for pulling off a great flare show.. Even the Impact supporters deserve kudos aswell..
    It was definitely a response.

Hell of an atmosphere in Saputo last night. Even though most in MTL were watching another game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There'll be lots of Central American Nights.. Keep it out of BMO, burn someone else's stadium down.