Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo Johnston!

For the last 4 years....he has been shit on for every bad move...but

GIVE THE MAN CREDIT!!!......

DERO....DEGUZAMN.....OBW....CHAD BARRETT.. FRIE....ECT>>>ECT>>>ECT

Some good players that have come and GONE!!...EDU( $$$$ GRASS)...SERIOUX..BRENNAN..DICHIO...GUEVARA..ROBBO

His only downfall

For the last 4 years he was missing one ingredient!!! He couldnt seem to bring in the right man to lead his team!!

A Coach who plays SYSTEM FOOTBALL!!!! and he has now found that!!!!

IN PREKI WE TRUST!!!!!

thank you MO!

Patience my friends.....something special is brewing here in TORONTO!! We are not there yet....but its very close!

You can see it on the players faces!

Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 05-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki and DeRo have been his best moves.

But his tenure depends on the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, this is going to be funny.

It is possible hat Mo has been learning on the job. If that's true, it's disgraceful. I have no idea if Mo should be fired or not, but I do think that he shouldn't have been doing the job by himself for this long. This team has been profitable enough to have had a much more experienced VP of soccer running the operation and a much more experienced manager. I do feel blaming Mo (or even giving him credit) is misplaced.

Look, the Maple Leafs have two bona fide, experienced, NHL General Managers, both paid at the top level of NHL GMs and how many asistants? and TFC gets one guy with a half season experience?

Okay, so nw he's a guy with three years of experience, but we shouldn't have been required to pay for his on-the-job training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind me again how has our road record been so far this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew a thread like this was coming....lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Mo should be fired based on past performance. The fact that Preki has managed to mold these guys into something potentially competitive doesn't look good on Mo - it begs the question of why the fuck it took Mo three years to get the kind of coach he needed.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Remind me again how has our road record been so far this season?
    thats up to a man named....PREKI......and he's been asked that question a hundred times..since the 4-1 beating to the FIRE!!!...

He'll figure it out.....i have all the trust in this guy....he's turning this team upside down quicker then anyone thought!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have expectations proportional to the market we play in. Toronto is a waaaay better football market than say Columbus. The management's goal should be for us to reach such a level to consistently hang with the top 3-4 in the league. Get better scouting (that doesn't count against the cap!), better training staff, etc the list goes on and on. For the quality of TFC's fans, anything less than a 2nd round in the playoffs should be a disappointment every season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Preki is doing a decent job in spite of Mo, not because of him.

anyway, what's important is that the guys are gelling on the field.

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you gellin'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    thats up to a man named....PREKI......and he's been asked that question a hundred times..since the 4-1 beating to the FIRE!!!...

He'll figure it out.....i have all the trust in this guy....he's turning this team upside down quicker then anyone thought!
    So it's Preki's fault that we've been terrible on the road but its because of Mo that the team has been playing well as of late?

Cmon man don't give me that shit.

The fact remains through the first 3 seasons Mo has done little to make this franchise a successful one relying on cheap gimmicks and quick fixes to get by. Do you not think that if the players who are playing now were together all of preseason we might have a couple more wins under our belt? That farce lies right at the feet of our fearless leader .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four years, 10th place in the league and two straight wins in all competitions!

Give the man another extension. He has clearly turned this team around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo needs to Go.
    Doesn't matter if we make the play-off or not. Most of the players that are on the squad that he is getting credit for were shouted for by the fans. Right down to Gerba, who we didn't have enough info on, and if he wasn't fit or going to be right, then he shouldn't have been signed particularly if it meant taking Garcia.

Mo Needs to Go even if we win the Club World Cup.

I don't know if anyone notices this but we are 10th in the league right now.
    Last edited by Kaz; 05-13-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I still think Mo should be fired based on past performance. The fact that Preki has managed to mold these guys into something potentially competitive doesn't look good on Mo - it begs the question of why the fuck it took Mo three years to get the kind of coach he needed.

- Scott

John Carver..came with a great resume....i had no problem with that move...and along with many more in here thought it was a great move....But John couldnt adapt to MLS!....and so be it...he left and he moved on!!

Cummings...he was a filler and we all knew that until Mo Signed PREKI..

We were an expansion team coming into the league.... We wanted glory asap..!!

I truly think PREKI can lead this group of guys to good things....now it will be up to mo to add a few more ingredients...time will tell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

- Scott

Yes, it does beg that question, too bad no one's ever bothered to ask it anywhere but here. Or ask any question about the way the front office was set-up and run from the very beginning. We're basing opinions of peoples' job performances on the assumption that the front office was properly set-up, budgeted and staffed from the beginning.

Even now, when the media is starting to question those things and show how much more other teams (not even expansion team) have put into their operations, we still aren't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Are you gellin'?
    I'm gellin' .... you gellin'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I think Preki is doing a decent job in spite of Mo, not because of him.

anyway, what's important is that the guys are gelling on the field.

Why would MO have anything to do with PREKI doing a decent job???..

PREKI is the coach..His performance..and gelling of the team would have nothing to do with him anyway!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    I knew a thread like this was coming....lol.

I am making my way out of this thread before my head explodes.

One good month and all of a sudden we're ok with the man. Sure...that undoes 3 years of absolute incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's Preki's fault that we've been terrible on the road but its because of Mo that the team has been playing well as of late?

The fact remains through the first 3 seasons Mo has done little to make this franchise a successful one relying on cheap gimmicks and quick fixes to get by. Do you not think that if the players who are playing now were together all of preseason we might have a couple more wins under our belt? That farce lies right at the feet of our fearless leader .
    ^ That's all true, but whose decisions were they? Why did it happen like that? Cheap gimmicks and quick fixes are usually the result of budget and very short-term planning - to be expected from someone on a series of one-year contracts making getting to the next one-year contract a priority.

Preki was hired in November, but no player moves made. Does that sound like a coaching/managing choice or a money decision?

No one is asking the upper management these questions, so we don't know, but we can see what it looks like. I looks like this team is developing exactly the way it was planned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki fault?...MO credit for doing well as of late??

where the hell are you pulling that from?
    lol

That post you are referring to was me saying PREKI will figure out our ROAD Problems!! I have no doubt...hes the Coach!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 05-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha....Bascially i started this thread..to say.....Well done MO you finally have gotten a coach who plays SYSTEM football!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha....Bascially i started this thread..to say.....Well done MO you finally have gotten a coach who plays SYSTEM football!
    You can bring freakin' Ferguson as your coach, if you don't have the talent...there is nothing to be done. Still think that poor scouting is at the root of the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha....Bascially I started this thread..to say.....Well done MO you finally have gotten a coach who plays SYSTEM football!
    With due respect, where was the coach three seasons ago? That and his gross mismanagment of the salary cap are far and away Mo's largest mistakes since coming to Toronto. (and of course the TFC "First Wave" Scouting Department)

Bringing in Preki looks so far like a smart move. I think I will wait to pass final judgement upon him until we have a full season body of work on which to judge. Two good games does not a season make.

Bottom line...I think the club has done well of late in spite of Mo and not because of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    With due respect, where was the coach three seasons ago? That and his gross mismanagment of the salary cap are far and away Mo's largest mistakes since coming to Toronto. (and of course the TFC "First Wave" Scouting Department)

Bringing in Preki looks so far like a smart move. I think I will wait to pass final judgement upon him until we have a full season body of work on which to judge. Two good games does not a season make.

Bottom line...I think the club has done well of late in spite of Mo and not because of him.

As i said before..in season 2 we took in CArver....here is man who came with a great RESUME...Learned his trade under some top football names in England..

He just couldnt figure out...MLS....who can sometimes..

He moved on...Im sure you thought it was a great move by MO? Who wouldnt?

It didnt pan out..Carver moved on..

As for the team doing well as of late...being a happy camp...ect..ect..Of course its not because of MO...i give full credit to PREKI...

But my hat does go off to the man who signed this guy to be our coach....im not saying im PRO MO....all im saying that on this move he has done it right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxul View Post
    You can bring freakin' Ferguson as your coach, if you don't have the talent...there is nothing to be done. Still think that poor scouting is at the root of the problem.
    we have alot of gaps here..for sure.....but we also seem to have a good core of players...again Preki has done wonders for this team!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO-ral failings:

The lies concerning Dichio and his "fragile" health last season
    Promising Dasovic that he was the coach, then appointing Cummins
    Interfering with Cummins' roster decisions
    Serioux being texted that he was let go, classless
    The lie that it was MLS that wanted JC on the field

I could go on and on.

Sure, most GMs have a scummy side, it's part of the business, but with MoJo the sleaze just oozes out.
    I want him gone for reasons other than results on the pitch (although he's done horrible for the first 3 years).

I want him gone because I want TFC to be a club I can be proud of, not some shady operation that players warn each other to stay away from.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOu keep saying he gave us Preki, but you forget Preki isn't a good coach, he's an adequate play it safe coach. He has no Killer Instinct. He can get us to the play-offs each year but will fail every time because he has no ability to say ok, go kill them..

He's never made it past the Group Stage in Multi-national Competition, and Never past the Quarterfinals in Domestic.

And he can't. He just doesn't have that instinct to win, he will always play it safe and in Sports that is the kiss of death.

Our only hope is that Barrett, OBW and DERO gel into a scoring machine and that Preki actually occasionally has all three on the field togeather.

Had he started Barrett OBW and DERO for the game there would have been 2 more goals last night. Preki played for a tie for the first half, and then hoped to push forward second.

I understand why, but he'll do it again in LA and we will be down by at least 1 going to half because of it. And he'll do it again in Vancouver and I think there, we will end up tieing that game.

I hope I'm wrong, but Preki's record says I'm not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    YOu keep saying he gave us Preki, but you forget Preki isn't a good coach, he's an adequate play it safe coach. He has no Killer Instinct. He can get us to the play-offs each year but will fail every time because he has no ability to say ok, go kill them..

He's never made it past the Group Stage in Multi-national Competition, and Never past the Quarterfinals in Domestic.

And he can't. He just doesn't have that instinct to win, he will always play it safe and in Sports that is the kiss of death.

Our only hope is that Barrett, OBW and DERO gel into a scoring machine and that Preki actually occasionally has all three on the field togeather.

Had he started Barrett OBW and DERO for the game there would have been 2 more goals last night. Preki played for a tie for the first half, and then hoped to push forward second.

I understand why, but he'll do it again in LA and we will be down by at least 1 going to half because of it. And he'll do it again in Vancouver and I think there, we will end up tieing that game.

I hope I'm wrong, but Preki's record says I'm not
    haha....you should start your own thread!! that would be thread of the year!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention, the biggest lie of all, that getting into the playoffs in the 4th year is enough of an achievement to keep the GM job, when we should have been challenging for the MLS Cup each and every year from year 3 onward, at the latest.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha....you should start your own thread!! that would be thread of the year!
    The same shite you see him doing now to "manage fitness levels" is what he has always done, which is why he has never coached a team out of the first round of any competition. He's not will to sacrifice one game for another in order to win a competition, he only cares about the over all record.

And in Competitions and playoffs it isn't good enough, and that is why he has never made it past the first round of anything..