Thread: Cronin at RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cronin at RB

i thought he looked pretty good there last night for the short time he was there. obviously he would need more time to adjust but if he's not being used in mid what about RB? He has better pace, strong defensively can move into the attack and can cross.

thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that shags? and me were talking about this last year, it makes sense to me. But what counts is how Preki sees it. Je bi ga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki has got these boys figured out..no doubt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was an article a little while back about Cronin training at RB. He's played there before in college so he's familiar with the position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Sammy, and I think he is a quality player, but I don't think that he's aggressive/strong enough for Preki when he's challenging guys.

You see Saric, and Usanov going in to most tackles very strong, and sometimes clumsy, but Sammy doesn't seem to have that complete disregard for his own safety like those guys do.

That being said, I think that he is a better defender and has more pace than Usanov.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about more pace than Usanov, he's actually pretty quick. Definitely a more complete footballer though and I agree, not 'hard enough' in the tackles for Preki's liking IMO>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd teach him to kick better with his left and stick him on LB.
    I like Usanov at RB. he's doing fine. don't fix what's not broken. ie fix GARCIA!
    as for last night. I thought Cronin looked a bit timid, dishing off to JDG and anyone else nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been arguing for this for awhile, but as much as I like Cronin, I think defensive consistency is important - meaning we should have a regular back four. Usanov and Gargan have been effective RBs.

I like Cronin at RB but I would much rather let Cronin take Saric's MF spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think Cronin has enough speed for the position. If he gets beat/caught he's done. I like the kid and have no problem with him backing the RB role if needed, but he would not be my first choice.

Yes, he played RB in college. But there is likely a reason the moved him to midfield.

What is nice about Cronin is we now see he has some versatility in his game and can play in multiple positions. That's a great player to have on the squad.