Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre-Game: TFC @ LA Galaxy (May 15th, 10:30 PM EST)

We will probably get the ever living shit kicked out of us because A.) It's a road game and B.) It's the LA Fucking Galaxy.

So let's try to lose only 2-0 and not 5-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    We will probably get the ever living shit kicked out of us because A.) It's a road game and B.) It's the LA Fucking Galaxy.

Agreed.

Just like going into Col. or RSL, we really should not expect too much from this game (although at least it's not at altitude).

A draw would be a massive result. All we can hope for is that we play smart -- because while a loss would be bad, a loss + a bunch of cards would be even worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post

LOL c'mon now!! we're on a road game winning streak of one!!

seriously though, i'm hoping for a 1-1 draw. the only bright side of playing LA right now is the short flight to vancouver and theboys deserve some time in the the Cali sun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is playing better, but this LAG team may be one of the best in MLS history. Don't like the odds on the roads on a few days rest. A point would be great.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK.
    THE.
    GALAXATIVES.

COME ON YOU REDS!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've kicked their asses WITH Landycakes and Goldenballs in the lineup...and without. We've beaten them with Cuntingham, but we've got better weapons than that ass.

Predo: 2-1 TFC.

FUCK THE GALAXATIVES!
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    We've kicked their asses WITH Landycakes and Goldenballs in the lineup...and without. We've beaten them with Cuntingham, but we've got better weapons than that ass.

Predo: 2-1 TFC.

FUCK THE GALAXATIVES!
    I totally love your optimism, But history on the road is nothing to brag about and this Galaxy team is quite good, Look for a defensive game with the hope catching them on the counter. Lets hope for the best

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I totally love your optimism, But history on the road is nothing to brag about and this Galaxy team is quite good, Look for a defensive game with the hope catching them on the counter. Lets hope for the best
    Conceding they're superhuman is the first mistake this team can make -- because they're not.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Conceding they're superhuman is the first mistake this team can make -- because they're not.
    I agree with you Dude, But we all know how they play on the road I am hoping they do the usual crap we see ehen they are on the road. A victory is possible, but realistically a draw would be a huge confidence boost for them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is Preki plays for the draw, and hopes Barrett + <insert name here> can score a goal or two to hopefully get more.

I won't be pissed if we lose this game though - the LA Galaxy are a fucking force so far this season.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say 2-2 draw Barret with the first and Dero with dramatic late game tying goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we go all out and go for the win. We have too many holes still in our defensive game to try and sit back and defend cause if theres one team that will exploit those holes its the LA Galaxy.

3 - 2 TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I say 2-2 draw Barret with the first and Dero with dramatic late game tying goal
    In their first 8 games, they've given up a total of 2 goals. I think it's a little much to hope to score two more on them in our game. Sorry to be a pessimist, but I'm hoping for a low scoring draw (0-0 or 1-1 at most). That said, playing against Donovan and Buddle, I can't really see even that happening. Oh well,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have mixed feelings about this one. I obviously want Preki to go for the victory in L.A. but the upcoming match in Vancouver is definitely more important. I was hoping TFC would have had last night's match well in hand by half time allowing much needed rest for the likes of DeRo and JDG. The scoreline late in the match forced Preki's hand and he made the right call but now he faces a dilemna moving forward. DeRo and JDG cannot be expected to play the duration of both upcoming matches. IMO, Preki alternates DeRo and JDG against L.A. surrounded by the rest of the A squad for most of the match hopefully resulting in a draw...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 05-13-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this negative talk. Fuck LA , Tfc wins 2 to 1. Nice ball skill shown last night only way is up from here. Barrets show he's found confidence and hope white is ok.

Here we go here we go here we GoooooooooooOOOooooooooooooo

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that LA is a strong team but no team is "unbeatable". Especially in the MLS. If we play the same game we played against chicago, we've certainly got a good chance to come away with at least 1 point. Let's see who shows up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I obviously want Preki to go for the victory in L.A. but the upcoming match in Vancouver is definitely more important. I was hoping TFC would have had last night's match well in hand by half time allowing much needed rest for the likes of DeRo and JDG. The scoreline late in the match forced Preki's hand and he made the right call but now he faces a dilemna moving forward. DeRo and JDG cannot be expected to play the duration of both upcoming matches. IMO, Preki alternates DeRo and JDG against L.A. surrounded by the rest of the A squad for most of the match hopefully resulting in a draw...
    For me, best case scenario against LA is to play JDG, Sanyang, Saric, Labrocca, and Cronin in the middle, with I don't know who in the front (White to start probably). Rest DeRo and Barrett for the first half. Try to frustrate LA by not letting them move the ball around how they want to (same as we tried to unsuccessfully against RSL, but with JDG). If the scoreline is even after the first half, bring on some attacking presence to try to get something from their tired backline. Only shot we have I think, and it could go terribly terribly wrong (like, 4-0 at the half wrong).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    In their first 8 games, they've given up a total of 2 goals. I think it's a little much to hope to score two more on them in our game. Sorry to be a pessimist, but I'm hoping for a low scoring draw (0-0 or 1-1 at most). That said, playing against Donovan and Buddle, I can't really see even that happening. Oh well,
    I understand what you are saying about the Galaxy not giving up a lot of goals. My theory is we hit one on a counter and then Dero with a set piece wonder strike (goal of the week quality) kind of like Barret's goal against Colorado last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe every time we get the ball we should run straight to the corner flag and kill time. Right from the opening whistle. Our corner flag, their corner flag, won't matter. Hope for a superhuman game from Frei and go for 0 -0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I agree. Break out the tape of the 2nd leg of the Inter Barca game. 11 men in the box. Boot the ball away so that you don't lose position. Let the other guy have 80% of the possession.

We have to be able to get a point that way sometimes.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^I agree. Break out the tape of the 2nd leg of the Inter Barca game. 11 men in the box. Boot the ball away so that you don't lose position. Let the other guy have 80% of the possession.

Let us not compare our defense with Inter's defense

If our back 4 (maybe use 5 D?) doesn't have a huge game I don't think we can expect more than a two goal defeat.

Today is a long travel day, then only one day to practice tomorrow and only 1.5 days to get used to the time zone change. We've shown defensive holes even in the good games we had against Seattle and Chicago and LA has a lot better finishing than those teams imo.

But stranger things have happened. We can only hope!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We may be gelling defensively, but you have to be of Inter's quality to be able to invite pressure and handle it without a single mistake, even if you're playing an MLS team.

The game in LA will have to be a balance - I think someone said this up top: defensive stance with counterattacking offence only. Barrett and whoever else is up top should play an almost DM role as back up to our mids.

Expect a pretty boring game if they lock down like that, but we should be able to scratch out a point.

This reminds me of the 0-0 draw against Seattle last season. Everyone expected us to get blown out, but we somehow managed to survive.

Last thing is that LA could get overconfident, which plays in our favour. They're hot as hell and at home against a team that's dismal on the road. Maybe they'll overreach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Uselessanov or Garcia start at the back....we're f*cked!!!! That being said I think we can sneak a goal and come out with a 1-1 draw....IMO must score the first goakl though, and make LA come out at us....their coach has them palying amazingly diciplined at the back....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite having Donovan and Buddle's current tear, LA is winning because of their teamwork, not their lineup.

They're beatable and they have to lose eventually. Might be against us.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see us actually go for the win, play two up front with de ro behind them, white and de ro in juries permitting. all of our best periods of play, home or away have come playing that formation.

If we go in expecting to be hammered and play defensive and just hope to stay defensively solid and for something to happen up front, it'd practically be guaranteeing a loss. we're not good enough to avoid the mental lapses that Preki mentions for a full 90 minutes, so instead we should try and cause them problems, take the pressure off our d.

Given that we won yesterday, the vancouver game isn't as important as it might have been, so i say go balls out against L.A, fuck this hoping to keep the loss respectable attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I believe every time we get the ball we should run straight to the corner flag and kill time. Right from the opening whistle. Our corner flag, their corner flag, won't matter. Hope for a superhuman game from Frei and go for 0 -0
    LOL, I like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game against the Galaxy is gonna be a cluster*uck! This game is gonna prove how screwed up this league is and how anyone can beat anyone at any given time. Its going to leave a lot of analysts left scratching their head....

TFC 3 Galaxy 1

How the hell did we win on the road??

How did we beat such an amazing team??

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the TFC game be on the big screen out front of the ACC?

Ill be at the Them Crooked Vultures show that night. It would be cool to watch some of the game on that big screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A point on the road here....would be huge right now for the boys...!

C'mon reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's all dependent on the line up. I think if you start with DeRo, Barrett, and OBW all on the field togeather, you have a good chance..

But Preki will play it safe as always and keep at least one of them on the bench with DeRo as a Forward.

2-0 half time. Final 3-1.