thanks, jerk!

I meant the "daytime scenery was pretty nice"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My highlights...

-Putting faces to names and meeting fellow RPBs at McLeans
    -Metro ride to the stadium, chanting, bouncing!
    -Grandma(80+) getting off at a station along the way and cheering us on
    -You can buy 4 beers at a time at Saputo
    -Hotdogs are typical Montreal Forum type, yum
    -Asking King Dave if he is going to keep his cloths on and getting a "shush" for a reply
    -smoke bomb goes off, security shows up, we point to the Ultras who have a few going off too, off goes security then the flares go off in our section for the first time
    -Dero's goal
    -fun Metro ride back, it got interesting when I got off as my hotel is right downtown(Queen Elizabeth).

Probably more that I can add but my brain cells need more time to regenerate, maybe add more later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    -You can buy 4 beers at a time at Saputo
    definitely a highlight.

lowlight was that you couldn't use debit/credit, only cash. what kinda thirdworld place doesn't use cards these days?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Montreal squad, depleted with suspensions and injury...this is where you take the "conservative approach" and sit some necessary players. I can agree with Preki's decision here.

Doing it in an MLS game against the defending champions, at home, at altitude and who were itching for a win? Dumb move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if this was posted yet, the last 5 seconds....
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/SOC-TFCMTL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it's just tactical, for moral purposes, but Marc Dos Santos' increasing line of bullshit is really annoying.

"It’s not necessarily the best team that won. It was pretty levelled on the field,” noted Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

What's that, big doughnut for six, now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm sure it's just tactical, for moral purposes, but Marc Dos Santos' increasing line of bullshit is really annoying.

"It’s not necessarily the best team that won. It was pretty levelled on the field,” noted Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

What's that, big doughnut for six, now?
    WTF? Did he seriously say that? I'm one to admit when we don't play well and get a win. But for fucks sakes we were CLEARLY the best team on the field last night. We were passing circles around them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    WTF? Did he seriously say that? I'm one to admit when we don't play well and get a win. But for fucks sakes we were CLEARLY the best team on the field last night. We were passing circles around them.
    lol, first game it was cuz refs are biased against MLS teams. Against Vancouver the refs were biased too (even though Vancouver isn't mls), and now montreal was the better team? Wow do you think he actually believes half of what he says?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aside from the Garcia gaffe, I don't recall Montreal really ever putting any pressure on TFC or any dangerous moments.

I mean TFC could have had 2-3 more goals. Dero had a good shot, then I think it was Gala that had to just chip the one ball over Jordan to score.

And nice trip by Montreal on Dero, from behind, at the start of the match that could have been a card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Road Warriors

This had to be one of my favourite road trips thus far. Thanks to all those who organized everything especially the deals at the hotel and the bars.

There were a ton of highlights from the night starting for me starting with the RPBs marching down the stairs and out of McLean's chanting while literally hundreds of Habs fans stood there bemused by what they were seeing.

The subway bounce on the way to the stadium and the super cool 90+ year old woman who got a standing ovation from all of us as she was getting off the train.

Once at the stadium I had to go meet my brother who was parked in the parkade so I went out of the south gate only to walk straight into UM02's march. Rather than put my head down and ignore them I walked straight at them with my scarf held high. This turned into a bit of shoving with a few of their guys but didn't get much further than that.

The flares, smoke bombs and fire crackers were awesome and I wish we could incorporate them more often. Unfortuantely I think it will only legitimately work on road games as BMO has pretty tight security.

*One point I want to make - I think we could learn a thing or two from the NEE guys from last night. For one they keep a chant going for several minutes rather than giving up on it after 3-4 verses. It helped everyone get in on the action when it kept going and I thought we got stronger as a group because of it. That said, I don't know what was up with the Usector and RPBs...we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.

Another highlight was the train ride back with a bigger bounce and the chanting match betweeen us and a ton of Habs fans. I think we taught them a thing or two about passion.

Finally, the biggest highlight of the night for me was getting off the subway and heading back towards McLean's. We realized to get to the bar we were gonna have to walk straight through the mob of Habs fans. We marched with our flags held high, our scarves in the air and our drums beating the entire time. A couple people started shoving us and trying to pick fights but we kept moving. Great job boys! Great trip. Love that we could test ourselves against the wildest mob of hockey fans in the country and we won out every single time.

Allez les rouges!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterboroughtfcfan View Post
    This had to be one of my favourite road trips thus far. Thanks to all those who organized everything especially the deals at the hotel and the bars.

There were a ton of highlights from the night starting for me starting with the RPBs marching down the stairs and out of McLean's chanting while literally hundreds of Habs fans stood there bemused by what they were seeing.

The subway bounce on the way to the stadium and the super cool 90+ year old woman who got a standing ovation from all of us as she was getting off the train.

Once at the stadium I had to go meet my brother who was parked in the parkade so I went out of the south gate only to walk straight into UM02's march. Rather than put my head down and ignore them I walked straight at them with my scarf held high. This turned into a bit of shoving with a few of their guys but didn't get much further than that.

The flares, smoke bombs and fire crackers were awesome and I wish we could incorporate them more often. Unfortuantely I think it will only legitimately work on road games as BMO has pretty tight security.

*One point I want to make - I think we could learn a thing or two from the NEE guys from last night. For one they keep a chant going for several minutes rather than giving up on it after 3-4 verses. It helped everyone get in on the action when it kept going and I thought we got stronger as a group because of it. That said, I don't know what was up with the Usector and RPBs...we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.

Another highlight was the train ride back with a bigger bounce and the chanting match betweeen us and a ton of Habs fans. I think we taught them a thing or two about passion.

Finally, the biggest highlight of the night for me was getting off the subway and heading back towards McLean's. We realized to get to the bar we were gonna have to walk straight through the mob of Habs fans. We marched with our flags held high, our scarves in the air and our drums beating the entire time. A couple people started shoving us and trying to pick fights but we kept moving. Great job boys! Great trip. Love that we could test ourselves against the wildest mob of hockey fans in the country and we won out every single time.

Allez les rouges!
    You guys seriously walked by all the Habs fans on the street??? Someone better have taken a video of this! I am actually really proud of you guys doing that lol. Goodjob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    You guys seriously walked by all the Habs fans on the street??? Someone better have taken a video of this! I am actually really proud of you guys doing that lol. Goodjob.

Yah, we had lost a few people at the stop for the hotel but there were still probably 30-40 of us who went straight through the middle of the mob at St. Catherines and Peel (which as far as I could tell was the centre of it). Hopefully someone got a few pictures or videos, I spent most of my time shoving people back who were pushing us or hucking bottles at us.

We also had a beauty of a chant on the train back when the Habs fans tried to drown us out. They gave up pretty quickly because we were destroying them and then we marched most of them off the train with "THIS IS OUR TRAIN"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad for Montreal, anytime I have been to Montreal for a TFC or Canada match, its never been a home game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Don't know if this was posted yet, the last 5 seconds....
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/SOC-TFCMTL

Holy smoke!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.
    It wasn't an issue in my mind. They do the same songs as us anyway.

Oh and the 'show' at the 55th minute was a collaboration between two groups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting fact.... TFC has started more Canadians than Montreal or Vancouver have in this Canadian tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quality of both Van and MTL teams will increase dramatically when they join the MLS.

This tourney will only get harder and harder to win.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this screen shot over on BS:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    definitely a highlight.

lowlight was that you couldn't use debit/credit, only cash. what kinda thirdworld place doesn't use cards these days?
    ...and how much $ per sud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    ...and how much $ per sud?

$8.50 for a "large" (smaller than BMO/ACC large) Budweiser (no choice) that wasn't even full

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post

Lol my roommate is the dude in the black on the far left about the same height as KingDave in the picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet pic......

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a great time beating away on the drum again once i was on the same page as the rest of the drummers.
    just wish i wasn't so exhausted from drumming to of been able to truly experience that night afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is me right above the "O"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm hiding somewhere in the flames bashing away on the drum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that from the BMO "This is Our House" commercial???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to admit it, but Nick Garcia had an OKAY game yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates on DeRo? Is he injured?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allez les rouges!
    lol you just figured this out now? only thing rpb is good for is internet message boards and being fat alcoholics. Show them a flare and half of them will run away crying...