View Poll Results: Who won the trade involving Wynne to Colorado and LaBrocca to TFC

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • TFC

87 33.98%
  • Colorado

20 7.81%
  • Too early to tell

114 44.53%
  • Even deal

35 13.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    This is when we are being homers to the max.
    Quite clear, that at for now, Colorado got the better of the deal.
    Wynne has been rock solid back there while Labrocca has beem 'meh' at best.
    He had one good game (in a storm) but other than that, 'meh'.
    1 goal a season doesn't make, and in order to change my mind he has to shine and be noticed like Wynne was and IS being noticed.

Looking at the votes, I see some similarities with Leaf fans *sigh*
    I'm usually the first one to point out the Leaf fan similarity with a lot of arguments that come across here but you lost me on this one.

For all the complaints that came with Wynne's play, I was a fan of his. When LaBrocca came in I was opposed to the deal initially (mainly because I wasn't sure of LaBrocca... the devil you know versus the devil you dont). But LaBrocca has won me over. He appears to be a team leader, determined and hard working. I'm not saying Wynne didn't embody those values, but LaBrocca has been stronger in those departments.

Fair to you if you don't see it the same way as me and the majority of others, but to say its a Leaf fan syndrome is not true. LaBrocca has simply been a solid player whereas Wynne was often out of position. That most likely weighed heavily for most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    I've read the reviews on his performances.
    I've also talked to people who have seen him play and wonder why we never used him like that.
    Why? Because only in the MLS can a guy who in real life is what 5-8? with little defensive sence play as a CB. He has very few of the basic attributes of a good CB. He is an athlete and has leaping ability, but everything else just does not make him a natural CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Why? Because only in the MLS can a guy who in real life is what 5-8? with little defensive sence play as a CB. He has very few of the basic attributes of a good CB. He is an athlete and has leaping ability, but everything else just does not make him a natural CB.

Agreed Trane. All it means is he can catch up to the striker after he loses him in the first place. I like Wynne, he's a great guy, but he's more of a natural athlete than he is a natural soccer player that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That is exactly what I was thinking, " all it means is he can catch up to the striker after he loses him in the first place". ahahahahha. I guess it is a positive, of sorts.

He is a good guy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet lob by LaBrocca to Barrett to help set up DeRo's goal in Montreal. Don't think Wynne would/could have made that play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvell Wynne's physical abilities allowed him to be out of position, but his first and final touch let him down more often than not. Still, he was thrilling to watch.

Labrocca's biggest skill is that he's smart. Couple that with his industry on and off the ball, and you've got a more complete and trustworthy player.

Love Marvell, he'll always have a place in my rare and bloody TFC heart. But Labrocca is the new TFC; skill, brains and relentless work ethic. My kind o' playa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 110 View Post
    Marvell Wynne's physical abilities allowed him to be out of position, but his first and final touch let him down more often than not. Still, he was thrilling to watch.

Labrocca's biggest skill is that he's smart. Couple that with his industry on and off the ball, and you've got a more complete and trustworthy player.

Love Marvell, he'll always have a place in my rare and bloody TFC heart. But Labrocca is the new TFC; skill, brains and relentless work ethic. My kind o' playa!

Well said. There's a reason this guy played every game for the Rapids. Smart, consistent and a fucking pest to get the ball off of in the midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I'm concerned it's not too early to tell. I've never rated Wynne and was glad we could get a proper footballer for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again agreed Koryo. Great athlete, but limited football knowledge and skill IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labrocca's goal celebration was confirmed by Luke Wileman to be a mock-up of Jersey Shore.

Apparently Labrocca is nicknamed after the character known as "The Situation".

LOL, sounds like it'd make for a decent banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that hard to see what you get in a player after a few games - including the good - bad - and in between.

Robert: skilled but one way - lazy and selfish.
    Wynne: lot of heart and speed. reckless and anti climactic.
    Labrocca: smart and calm. wants ownership of the ball. distributes well and gets along well with others.

Labrocca more crucial a win for us in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Labrocca's goal celebration was confirmed by Luke Wileman to be a mock-up of Jersey Shore.

LOL, sounds like it'd make for a decent banner.
    From my limited knowledge of Jersey Shore, the guy named "The Situation" is some guy who keeps referring to himself in the third person.

A good banner would be LaBrocca crossing a ball saying "This is The Situation"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Disagree. Robert was throwing his arms up and showing a lack of willingness to track back right from the get go. It was instantly obvious he felt above the league and his team mates and was expecting get by on some flashes of brilliance without constant substance. That flukey free kick aside, which went under a jumping wall and was really nothing special, he never really impressed me. it was obvious he had the talent but the commitment was never there.

Whereas LaBrocca has looked good for a few games now and also comes with a decent pedigree within MLS. He works his ass off, chasing down balls in the opposition corner flag area when we're winning to close out a game, and he has good technical and positional ability too.

Still, agree it's only been a few games and could all change. However, I would not swap Robert (after his first few games) for LaBrocca (after his first few games) under any circumstances.

As for the OP, I agree with the 2nd post - both sides have probably done well out of it, and unless you trade players from the same position it's hard to make a direct comparison. However, so far I am pretty happy about the trade from a football point of view.
    Hardly fair. THey knew Robert was a one way player when they hired him. Had been since PSG.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post

LOL fuck me..........

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still kinda early to make any real assessment, but so far he's been doing good for Toronto. Not sure what the situation is with Wynne over at Colorado, but I'm happy with what I've seen thus far.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hardly fair. THey knew Robert was a one way player when they hired him. Had been since PSG.

Robert if used right could have been an asset longer. Attitude was another issue. I agree with you, I did not wathc him much before TFC but even then I new he was a one way player, if you expected him to switch when comming to the MLS that was not going to happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Robert if used right could have been an asset longer. Attitude was another issue. I agree with you, I did not wathc him much before TFC but even then I new he was a one way player, if you expected him to switch when comming to the MLS that was not going to happen.

He was a massive disappointment. Anything less is delusional.

If LaBrocca continues to get better, I think that people will switch to Yes. But its obvious most fans need to see more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth Wynne has played every minite this season and has no shots on net and no assists.
    Stats column doesn't mention how many hand balls he may have given up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    For what it's worth Wynne has played every minite this season and has no shots on net and no assists.
    Stats column doesn't mention how many hand balls he may have given up.
    I know he's given away a penalty.... but dunno nething else.

Whether we won the trade or not, I will say this.... I don't really miss him.... although I do appreciate his damn hard work for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I think Usanov has all the same attributes as Wynne, with slightly more skill and a little less athleticism.

All in all, the LaBrocca trade IMO was definitely a 'win' on our end. I can't accurately make judgement on Wynne's play with the CRapids to be fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    ^^ I think Usanov has all the same attributes as Wynne, with slightly more skill and a little less athleticism.

All in all, the LaBrocca trade IMO was definitely a 'win' on our end. I can't accurately make judgement on Wynne's play with the CRapids to be fair.
    I rate Usanov way ahead of Wynne - I like the way he plays the game. He makes less runs, but the few that he does have a little more thought put into them. Plus I love that he tackles the way he does early, sends a message early and keeps the opposing strikers a little tentative. Wynne has about as much upside as Ben Johnson (anyone remember when he tried to make it as a footballer locally )...that said LaBrocca is servicable and he adds to the single best attribute on this club this year, reliability...I've never been more confortable with a 1 goal lead in four years supporting this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So true man. So true.

How's the shoulder doing these days? LOL still playing footy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    So true man. So true.

How's the shoulder doing these days? LOL still playing footy?

still not 100% but reminds me of a good times....still playing regularly though, you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit man that sucks, they never really get back to normal. Same, sometimes too much lol 3-5 times a week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Usanov has been weak defending this year but not as bad as Wynne though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Gargan, but Usanov is also decent. Who starts? Gargan is a good, hard worker and Usanov is a bit faster. Both deserve to start IMO.

Hey, it's better to have too many players to choose from then not enough, amirite?