View Poll Results: Who won the trade involving Wynne to Colorado and LaBrocca to TFC

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • TFC

87 33.98%
  • Colorado

20 7.81%
  • Too early to tell

114 44.53%
  • Even deal

35 13.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LaBrocca for Wynne

Which party, if any, won the trade that sent Wynne to Colorado for LaBrocca?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good trade both ways if you ask me. Trading isn't a competition. Sometimes both teams are in need of something different and the trade works out both ways. In my mind that's what has happened here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only been a few games. Robert looked good at first too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert?
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted solely on having watched Wynne for 3 years. Still too early to tell about LaBrocca but I know what we had in Wynne...

not a soccer player. By the time his brain and feet catch up to his athletic ability his athletic ability will be on the decline because he's 10 years away from resembling a real soccer player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    Robert?
    I know it wasn't a trade but at first he looked good too. Just saying that it is too early to pass judgement.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    It's only been a few games. Robert looked good at first too.
    Disagree. Robert was throwing his arms up and showing a lack of willingness to track back right from the get go. It was instantly obvious he felt above the league and his team mates and was expecting get by on some flashes of brilliance without constant substance. That flukey free kick aside, which went under a jumping wall and was really nothing special, he never really impressed me. it was obvious he had the talent but the commitment was never there.

Whereas LaBrocca has looked good for a few games now and also comes with a decent pedigree within MLS. He works his ass off, chasing down balls in the opposition corner flag area when we're winning to close out a game, and he has good technical and positional ability too.

Still, agree it's only been a few games and could all change. However, I would not swap Robert (after his first few games) for LaBrocca (after his first few games) under any circumstances.

As for the OP, I agree with the 2nd post - both sides have probably done well out of it, and unless you trade players from the same position it's hard to make a direct comparison. However, so far I am pretty happy about the trade from a football point of view.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Disagree. Robert was throwing his arms up and showing a lack of willingness to track back right from the get go. It was instantly obvious he felt above the league and his team mates and was expecting get by on some flashes of brilliance without constant substance.
    True. I suspect Preki would have shipped out Robert in 5 minutes.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labrocca has needed his own thread forever!

Way to show initiative, he is taking corners, owning the right and has no problems drifting in and having JDG cover as he gets the ball forward.

he may nopt be as fast, but offesr far better defensive coverage and far better holding cpabilities than Wynne. .

there is NO doubt in my mind we wont ihs.

thanks for this thread.
    LONG over due props for LAbrocca. .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LaBrocca is hands down a much more overall and talented player than Wynne. Marvell's speed is something you're never really going to replace, but he didn't really offer much outside of that aspect. In fact, I see a lot of similar traits in Usanov that I saw in Wynne, just slightly more refined and with less speed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Labrocca has been far more valuable to us than Wynne ever was.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me he's really only had one standout game so far. Lets see if he can keep it up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Good trade both ways if you ask me. Trading isn't a competition. Sometimes both teams are in need of something different and the trade works out both ways. In my mind that's what has happened here.

Yeah, if in every trade a GM tries to rape the other team, the GM in the end would get nothing done. Word would get out an teams would not deal with the GM anymore.

Labrocca fits better in the formation and style of play Preki is trying to employ. It seems like Wynne is playing well in CO. So far the trade is a win for us ... and CO as well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Labrocca, he's going to be a really valuable squad player for us.

I'm intrigued to see how Wynne does at centre back for colorado. The switch from full back makes sense as it negates his tendency to be out of position, as cbs don't have as much space or encouragement to get forward as fbs do, and also negates his lack of focus as he'll generally have a forward right there to remind him of where he should be, as well as other defenders either side of him to help with that as well.

So you minimise those problems, while still allowing his speed to be a valuable asset, colorado can really push up and keep a high line as he'll be able to outrun anyone when the ball's played over the top.

so, Labrocca is definitely better than TFC fb Wynne, rapids cb wynne though? I don't know. so i voted too early to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too early to tell, but it's looking good so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    LaBrocca is hands down a much more overall and talented player than Wynne. Marvell's speed is something you're never really going to replace, but he didn't really offer much outside of that aspect. In fact, I see a lot of similar traits in Usanov that I saw in Wynne, just slightly more refined and with less speed.
    Agreed. I vote that we won. Maybe in the long run Wynne becomes a great CB, I do not see it, but even if he does he was not going to develop here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still too early to tell in my opinion. I like what LaBrocca has done so far. He seems to be just the type of player that Preki wants on this team. Works hard, good attitude, positionally sound, smart team player with sufficient talent. Wynne would frustrate Preki to no end if he was still here. Looks like a good trade for TFC so far but I haven't really followed how Wynne is doing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LaBrocca doesn't take a lot of unnecessary risks. He has the ability to play the ball off another player for a couple of touches to make something happen.

So far so good. We'll see if it lasts.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE STILL NEED TWO FULLBACKS!!!

I have no issue with LaBrocca but we are weaker at the back without Wynne. His skills were descent, positioning questionable but both were made up with his speed!

Those two clowns at the back are going to cost us points!

WE NEED TWO FULLBACKS!!! And a striker and a CB and a…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very happy with LaBrocca. He has demonstrated that he has the mental capacities (positioning, off the ball, teamwork, vision) that Wynne never had. Wynne is a superior athlete and has great response speed, but that seemed to be his only, glowing feature.

I was a Wynne fan but I'm not upset that he's gone. Besides, if there was a Canada v. USA rift in the locker room (as Cummins implied), it could be that the only team USA member was part of it.

The team looks much improved with LaBrocca from a personality sense and that in itself makes the trade a good one for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, credit where credit is due. I hate MoJo as much as the next guy, but he did get thsi deal done (its true that Preki was the one who probably lit the fire under Mo to get it done, or, knowing Preki, he put it the legwork himself).

But still, in the interests of fairness, MoJo got himself a win on this one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since LaBrocca came, Ive had mixed feelings about him. So its interesting many people still feel its too early too tell.

However, I think thatafter Ive had to consider about how I felt about it and its likely both sides got what they were looking for. TFC needed a midfield depth and a versatile player. The Rapids needed pace in their line up.

I looked into how the CRapids fans thought and to generalize many believed they got the better of the deal, while acknowledging where he lacks. LaBrocca was always solid but not amazing and I dont think truly missed by them.

For our side, I do not believe that Wynne is truly missed by the TFC squad. While they are not great, I dont think Gargan or the Latvian Guy really are a step down. They are better positionally, can cross the ball and equally let the other team cross into the box like Wynne did.

Where LaBrocca I think helps TFC the most is ability to keep the ball on the ground, but also can put in a good cross. For me that is where Wynne really was deficient. His pace made up for his lack of positioning, but he just could not cross the ball.

So, both sides gained from this. Wynne may have a little more long term upside and with further development become a really good player but LaBrocca is slotting in for the most part nicely where ever he is asked to play so as it stands, both sides got what they were looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post

WE NEED TWO FULLBACKS!!! And a striker and a CB and a…
    We have Gargan, Hscanovics and Saric. No, they're not perfect, but they're serviceable. The only real crossing risk in the MLS is Ljungberg and our team defence shut him down effectively.

We have Barrett and OBW as our strikers. What they need is more time together to develop a partnership similar to last game.

We have CanNana at CB. Clearly the best CB partnership in TFC history and plus they're Canadian.

There is room for improvement on this team but I'm content with the team we have out there. I would like Cronin to play more, I sure hope he doesn't become our Darko Milicic but our team is playing better football than many people expected.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like LaBrocca... but Wynne being my fav I'm trying not to be bias. However... watching Wynne play for Colorado, he's doing amazing. You saw him play against us... we couldn't beat him to the net! He stopped every single attempt we had made at a goal. He's an amazing defencement... we used him as a middle. LaBrocca has had his ups and downs, he got a goal for us which is great and I like the guy, but we were better off with speed, agility and passion for TFC which is what Wynne had.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is when we are being homers to the max.
    Quite clear, that at for now, Colorado got the better of the deal.
    Wynne has been rock solid back there while Labrocca has beem 'meh' at best.
    He had one good game (in a storm) but other than that, 'meh'.
    1 goal a season doesn't make, and in order to change my mind he has to shine and be noticed like Wynne was and IS being noticed.

Looking at the votes, I see some similarities with Leaf fans *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says Wynne has been rock solid at the back? I am not being an ass, I am just wondering have you seen him play there over a run of games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read the reviews on his performances.
    I've also talked to people who have seen him play and wonder why we never used him like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne's only played 7 games with them... Lots of players have good stretches of play but wilt over the course of the season (shit, even Seattle fans are criticizing Montero now).
    I'll reserve judgment until we see a full season from both in their new environments. Labrocca is a better player in terms of skill, while Wynne is a better athlete.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way too early, far premature.

That said, I've been impressed with Labrocca. He hussles on defence more than a lot of other wingers, and consistently tries to create with his crosses. Hard not to like players like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Way too early, far premature.
    I can't tell you how much I hate that argument. It's the easiest cop-out. Granted there will be more evidence to come later that will make this decision easier but LaBrocca has been a regular starter. There's been enough material with which to gauge his play.

FFS, commentators judge the value of certain trades the moment they happen. I fail to see how they, and 62 voters thus far, are able to determine the value of a trade but so many out there cannot.