Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG is fugly.
    NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will the mood be if we beat MTL. . AGAIN?

what will the nay-sayers do if we somehow manage to hold off LA to get something from the game?

this is a real tough stretch for this squad, I hope winsper is not the missing link.
    stayhealthy, play hard.. . get results. .

expectations are sly frickin high.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shutupkid View Post
    SSG is fugly.
    Butter face. nice boobicles though

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like Barrett has his feet firmly planted on the ground and the right attitude...

Interestingly, Barrett, who had all kinds of problems finishing chances last season, says he is not due goals, but rather “owes” them.
    “I feel like from all that moaning and complaining I did last year (about BMO’s Field Turf), now that we have the grass, I think I owe some goals,” Barrett said. “I still owe a lot of goals and still have a lot of goals to give.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shutupkid View Post
    SSG is fugly.
    She's got breasts which makes her better then you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    She's got breasts which makes her better then you...
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really excited for Barrett right now. I mean, if he is going to rise up and be a dominant striker on our team, now's the time. We have grass, we have a coach that believes in him, we have fans that believe in him (not all, granted, but most seem to be on his side this season) and he has confidence in himself. Everything is in place. If he can use that to his advantage, I think he can come up big for us. I've always said that his biggest problem was psychological, so it's time to shine.

My biggest fear though, is that he gets into another slump, the fans turn on him, and he starts to doubt himself again. If that happens, I don't know if he has the ability to rise back up. I just have this feeling he's like Tinkerbell "I do believe Barrett can score, I do believe Barrett can score". If Preki believes, and we believe, he will do it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm really excited for Barrett right now. I mean, if he is going to rise up and be a dominant striker on our team, now's the time. We have grass, we have a coach that believes in him, we have fans that believe in him (not all, granted, but most seem to be on his side this season) and he has confidence in himself. Everything is in place. If he can use that to his advantage, I think he can come up big for us. I've always said that his biggest problem was psychological, so it's time to shine.

My biggest fear though, is that he gets into another slump, the fans turn on him, and he starts to doubt himself again. If that happens, I don't know if he has the ability to rise back up. I just have this feeling he's like Tinkerbell "I do believe Barrett can score, I do believe Barrett can score". If Preki believes, and we believe, he will do it.
    I've bitched and moaned about Barrett as much as the next guy, but I really think he's finding his feet right now and hope he builds on the confidence from Chicago.

In terms of a slump, I don't think anything can be as bad as last year. I mean, it's theoretically possible he could not score another goal all season, but I think it's highly unlikely.

Barrett is a classic Preki player: hard work, a little luck and last and least, a bit of talent. Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how the tables turn whereas we traded essentially McBride for Barrett, it seemed lopsided the last couple of years but now seems the investment has payed off for TFC. I know this is McBride's last season but reading the Shitcago boards it seems thay want him to retire now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Everyone should be reminded that we didn't 'trade McBride for Barrett.' We traded McBride's rights -- which we basically dangled in front of Chicago like food in front of a dying man -- for Barrett.

McBride had literally 0% chance of coming here. He said he would only go to Chicago or retire. So, literally, we got Barrett for free. So yeah, if he gets hot now -- best trade ever.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed Girls 1 (oh my) and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It looks like Barrett has his feet firmly planted on the ground and the right attitude...

Interestingly, Barrett, who had all kinds of problems finishing chances last season, says he is not due goals, but rather “owes” them.
    “I feel like from all that moaning and complaining I did last year (about BMO’s Field Turf), now that we have the grass, I think I owe some goals,” Barrett said. “I still owe a lot of goals and still have a lot of goals to give.”
    This kind of stuff just warms the cockles of your heart doesn't it?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolton.

Geez.

I swear, Toronto has been shafted in most of these friendlies. We get West Ham for the All-Star, and this year they get Man United. We get Villa for our first friendly and Seattle gets Barcelona.

We got Madrid yes...but not part of our package...and boy did we have to pay for that ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone wanna buy my ticket to the carlesberg cup?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bolton? LOL Sorry wiz.

I thought PB said that teams were lining up to play TFC when we got grass.

Oh well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Bolton? LOL Sorry wiz.

I thought PB said that teams were lining up to play TFC when we got grass.

Oh well.
    Bolton must have just got to the front of the queue before everyone else.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather play the Crew again.

Ok, maybe not, but still. Fuck it, I'm gonna go to New York that week and watch some interesting friendlies.

Just terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always excited to see clubs like Bolton come to BMO Field. I remember the Villa game from season one being one of my favourite nights ever at the stadium.

When would I ever get the chance to see teams like this otherwise? Well done.

I would have loved to see Fiorentina instead (not being critical, just want to see some Serie A teams come here), but it is what it is. I can't people are turning their noses up at a premiership side for a ticket they have already paid for.

Geez boys, decaf is in the orange pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    This kind of stuff just warms the cockles of your heart doesn't it?
    Barrett has frustrated me as much as the next guy but I find myself pulling for him to succeed more than anyone else on the club because he's a workhorse and he has the potential to be a top quality striker by MLS standards. He also scored the biggest goal in TFC history thus far.

I truly believe Barrett is poised for a breakout season with Preki at the helm, a superb attacking midfielder in DeRo, and a decent strike partner in OBW...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll likely end up going as a) I've paid for the ticket already and b) I won't be able to sell it. LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sooooo bringing my Finland flag.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't recall..Have we every won this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I'll likely end up going as a) I've paid for the ticket already and b) I won't be able to sell it. LOL
    Do they think they're actually going to be able to sell the non-STH tickets?

and, nice try:

Bolton, a borough of Greater Manchester, England is currently the club with the highest number of seasons in the top flight; this past season was their 71st.
    I think you mean "the highest number of seasons in the top flight whilst winning fuck all!"

Hell, Arsenal's been in 85 in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's just typical that we land Bolton

if we were to land another big team. it wouldn't be for the carlesberg cup. it would be for wallet-rapist tickets.

heaven forbid we get a team that's played in the fuckin europe. Bate Borisov or some shit.

or instead of having Panithanaikos and Benfica have a kissing match for us to watch, one of them play TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Bolton.

Geez.

I swear, Toronto has been shafted in most of these friendlies. We get West Ham for the All-Star, and this year they get Man United. We get Villa for our first friendly and Seattle gets Barcelona.

We got Madrid yes...but not part of our package...and boy did we have to pay for that ticket.
    IMO that Villa game was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen at BMO yet....it could have finished 7-6...great end to end, open football, and they brought all their best players....Bolton is certainly better than Independente or Pachua....It could be better but so much worse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I am always excited to see clubs like Bolton come to BMO Field. I remember the Villa game from season one being one of my favourite nights ever at the stadium.

When would I ever get the chance to see teams like this otherwise? Well done.

I would have loved to see Fiorentina instead (not being critical, just want to see some Serie A teams come here), but it is what it is. I can't people are turning their noses up at a premiership side for a ticket they have already paid for.

Geez boys, decaf is in the orange pot.
    A few years ago Bolton might have generated more excitement but their stock has fallen drastically over the last few years with their struggles to avoid relegation in the EPL. Nonetheless, I agree that it's still a match that should be entertaining and far more competitive than watching TFC get dismantled by a top tier European powerhouse...