Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does Amado Guevara "Deserve" to Start?

The man can play and we know that. Moreover, Honduras is in the middle of nowhere. However, how long has it been since we have been "Graced" by his moves.

Based on Carver's way too rhetorical bit about keeping a winning group on the field, do we think Guevara gets or for that matter should get the start?

I know, I know, Cunningham probably deserves the bench, and I for one want the best team available on the pitch always, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what abou brennan then, you gunna bench him too because we won without him??? Guevara and brennan will start...I woudl think so anyways.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're Kansas City, and you think back to your last visit to BMO field, do you want Guevara to start?

He absolutely must start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guevara = Best player on the team. He will start if he is fit ... end of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be bad coaching to leave a player like Amado out of the starting line up...

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guevara is the one player we've truly missed every time he's not in the squad. He's a freak and we wont legitimately compete without him on the pitch. First name on the sheet IMO

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amado deserves to start. Don't punish brilliance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does and he will.
    Carver would be retarded not to.
    Basically all our best 11 should and will start, especially after the Houston fiasco.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Close this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guevara has been training with the team again since Monday. He started his first game in LA having arrived the day before and having met the team the day before. If he doesn't start he better have a broken leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep same with brennan, close this damn thread , although we know the way carver works, this is still a retarded thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed we actually have a couple guys stupid enough to answer no on the board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkus_420 View Post
    yep same with brennan, close this damn thread , although we know the way carver works, this is still a retarded thread.
    But Brennan is with the national team today. That's a little different if he doesn't start. Although, if he doens't play, then I don't see why he couldn't play tommorrow. It will take him less time to get from Montreal to the Toronto airport then for people to drive downtown on game day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

err... no brainer. He starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    But Brennan is with the national team today. That's a little different if he doesn't start. Although, if he doens't play, then I don't see why he couldn't play tommorrow. It will take him less time to get from Montreal to the Toronto airport then for people to drive downtown on game day

I hope we see some jimmy B tomorrow, I think he'll play. I hope Carver gives him the choice, and we obviously know what the answer will be. Who's going to start on central D is my question. I want to see tebily and marshall personally, tebily has been real solid, i think he deserves to stay where he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess what we are all saying is that Carver's bit about guys keeping their jersey, place on the pitch or whatever doesn't amount to sweet FA.

And for those of you jabbering about Jimmy B. The reason I di not include him was because HE DID STAY HOME instead of flying off to Seattle to play Brazil, and boy were we greatful. THat kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    That kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.
    I dont think it's possible to love Jimmy B more than I do save for my moving over to a man-love scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess what we are all saying is that Carver's bit about guys keeping their jersey, place on the pitch or whatever doesn't amount to sweet FA.

And for those of you jabbering about Jimmy B. The reason I di not include him was because HE DID STAY HOME instead of flying off to Seattle to play Brazil, and boy were we greatful. THat kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.
    There is a big difference though. When Jimmy B chooses not to play the rest of Canada does not care. In Honduras, ff Guevara chooses not to suit up as captain of the team he risks his life and the life of his family if the team were to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he better start. Same with brennan

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word: YES

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes he does. You don't penalize a player by not starting him because he was on International duty...that's totaly disrespect. I think you need to look at Carvers statement in a couple of ways:

Team Loses - Changes need to be made to wake people the fuck up.
    Sit people on the bench for being lazy, not being a team player or fucking up way too much. It's a no brainer. But they guys who have played well, let them start next game and hope that thier positive energy continues into the next game.

Team win - Players who played start the next game.
    Obviously your better players will start, but I think this is more of a motivator for the young guys and the guys who are probably on the bench to make the most of their opportunites because if something good comes out of it, they'll be on more. However, a team win doesn't mean everyone played well. IMO Harmes was shit in the last game. Now are you going to keep Harmes in or bring in Guevera?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man can play and we know that. Moreover, Honduras is in the middle of nowhere. However, how long has it been since we have been "Graced" by his moves.

Based on Carver's way too rhetorical bit about keeping a winning group on the field, do we think Guevara gets or for that matter should get the start?

I know, I know, Cunningham probably deserves the bench, and I for one want the best team available on the pitch always, but...
    Who are you angry at Guevara, the coaches of Honduras for selecting him or the MLS for creating a schedule that punishes the teams with internationals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    If you find this stupid, then perhaps you should join the "SHould brainless fools insert mindless graphics in the middle of a discussion?" threads... Clearly that would be more interesting to you that talking football or the TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunivant over Guevara... seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find this stupid, then perhaps you should join the "SHould brainless fools insert mindless graphics in the middle of a discussion?" threads... Clearly that would be more interesting to you that talking football or the TFC.
    I would join this discussion, were there anything to discuss.

Until there is, it's "mindless graphics" time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this for real???????

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you-are-on-drugs.com.net.org.ca

The day in which TFC picked up Guevara could be argued as the single turning point in our franchises short history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Amado please come back.

Not that we have not been doing well without him, but hes a big piece in our midfield/forward attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. He's too big a part of the team to not get back in there right away.