Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care who it is. It's a friendly. The glow of friendlies with European teams doesn't mean anything to me anymore. in the old days, when we didn't have TFC, I went to Celtic-Roma and thought it was a big deal. Now when I hear of these things, I don't get excited anymore. i've lost the interest in the spectacle. I didn't even bother to go to Real Madrid (and price wasn't a factor) and I don't feel like I lost out on anything. I'm more interested in the Nutrilite game against Vancouver than any friendly. I'm more interested in league play. I want games that matter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite part about this rumour is that we can only manage to get a team that is playing lowly teams like Charlotte and Charleston.

As for the teams being suggested, I don't really have a problem with it. Except that I think its might be a little early to be playing Aston Villa again.

What are people expecting for a game included in our season ticket package? As long as the opponent takes the game seriously and doesn't bring their youth/B-team I would be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I don't really care who it is. It's a friendly. The glow of friendlies with European teams doesn't mean anything to me anymore. in the old days, when we didn't have TFC, I went to Celtic-Roma and thought it was a big deal. Now when I hear of these things, I don't get excited anymore. i've lost the interest in the spectacle. I didn't even bother to go to Real Madrid (and price wasn't a factor) and I don't feel like I lost out on anything. I'm more interested in the Nutrilite game against Vancouver than any friendly. I'm more interested in league play. I want games that matter.
    I'm sure MLSE is glad that you like to fork money over to them and ask for nothing in return. This isn't a discussion of whether someone would pay to go see a Bolton or a Real Madrid. This discussion is about being forced to pay to go see a Bolton.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    This isn't a discussion of whether someone would pay to go see a Bolton or a Real Madrid. This discussion is about being forced to pay to go see a Bolton.
    No it isnt... Its a rumour thread. But anyone is free to include dinosaur facts at their leisure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's $35/ticket corner section (i.e. 111) and $30/ticket for supporter section (i.e. 112) for Union vs Manchester United, July 21st on a Wednesday.

Why do Sons of Ben gets a dedicated pre sales price online and all. Why do they have everything ready today?

Last edited by pekduck; 05-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    No it isnt... Its a rumour thread. But anyone is free to include dinosaur facts at their leisure.
    I don't get your point at all. My post was in directly reply to Rocker saying that he doesn't care who the friendly opponent is. My point is we should care, cause we've been forced to pay for that friendly.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd quite possibly go and see bolton play, so i guess I'm not a self respecting englishman.

owen Coyle's supposedly going to be getting them to play better football, but mainly, it won't be tfc getting absolutely hammered in front of a crowd of real/man u/whoever gloryhunters. there'd hopefully be some bolton fans there, but most people would probably be supporting TFC so it could be entertaining with a decent atmosphere, like when villa or west ham were here.

I'd rather not have mid season friendlies at all, but if we've got to, and we've got to pay for them, then this is a decent option for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I'd rather not have mid season friendlies at all, but if we've got to, and we've got to pay for them, then this is a decent option for me.
    And here it is.....summed up nicely.

This (I would say) is the general sentiment amongst the TFC season seat holders....and the Front office knows it.

Just give them barely enough to keep the moderately happy.

If we're already paying for a match with our season seats you would think that we might expect a little more in return than Bolton.

And Darlo...this is not a specific shot at you but rather, an example of what I think a lot of people think....and part of the reason we don't get what we pay for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    If our friendly is Bolton....or Stoke...or any other team of that ilk...I'm not going, I'm not selling my ticket to anyone and I'm complaining to my ticket rep.

if it were Stoke I'd be over the moon and I would be laughing at everrrrrrrrybody who was complaining. go on TFC, do it!

it'd be nice to see a team that never goes abroad to play bcuz maybe, just maybe they'd play their real team and actually try. *gasp*

pregame I would have a pint of your tears, voodoo.
    Last edited by Brooker; 05-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

owen Coyle's supposedly going to be getting them to play better football
    Finally!! Someone that speaks the truth. The days of the Sam Allardyce long ball are gone.

Owen Coyle favours a free-flowing, attack focus approach. Burnley played that way and were always fun to watch even if they weren't getting the results. So don't write Bolton off as a boring team to watch, that's just an ignorant and uninformed opinion.

I still don't think it'll be Bolton. It'll be Coyle's first summer in charge of the team and he has lots of work to do to bring in the right guys and drop the dead weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch! A lowblow from TFC FO if this is true.

Funny thing was they said their phones were going crazy with teams calling them to play against TFC since BMO field got grass. So I am assuming it was some English shitty teams calling them not bigger teams like Man Utd who are going to be in Toronto play against Celtic in Rogers Centre.

You would think the way the season has been going so far and off field drama that TFC FO will make an effort to try reward its fans by getting a world class club to BMO field.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping it's Sunderland, but I'm not sure if they have any Americans.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

You would think the way the season has been going so far and off field drama that TFC FO will make an effort to try reward its fans by getting a world class club to BMO field.
    Most fans aren't exposed to the off the field drama. And after beating Philadelphia, Seattle, and Montreal at home, they have forgotten.

I agree Bolton is a weird choice, but you got Real Madrid last year... this year you don't get what you wanted.

that's life for ya.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see Millwall, the New Den was one of the most interesting stadiums I have been to a game at.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the bitching here, I'm happy to see Notlob playing TFC. I'd rather see how our A team compares to their B team than to see us get routed by a top of the table team. Anybody that thinks that Arsenal's reserves, or even youth team, couldn't annihilate Toronto are sorely mistaken.

That said, I would looooove to see Walcott's pace against our team, it would be RIDICULOUS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the entire Premier League and CCC I the only teams I am less interested to see than Bolton are:

Wigan
    Bristol City
    Watford
    Plymouth
    Peterborough
    and maybe Leicester

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Most fans aren't exposed to the off the field drama. And after beating Philadelphia, Seattle, and Montreal at home, they have forgotten.

I agree Bolton is a weird choice, but you got Real Madrid last year... this year you don't get what you wanted.

that's life for ya.

yeah but we paid 150 bucks to see real last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys...this is a friendly....it's an exhibition where you go to watch the teams play but not try to kill or embarrass each other. I'm not interested in seeing how TFC stack up against Bolton or Burnley or Birmingham.

What does that matter?

The only reason they peddle these crappy teams to us is because we eat it up and ask for more.

How about Tenerife or Malaga?
    Maybe Atalanta or Catania?

Would you guys want to see them play TFC?

I know I don't. Why? Because there are many better teams, with many better players that the TFC FO COULD be getting for us.

Instead we remain happy with mediocrity.

Sometimes I think it should be the motto for this club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you let TFC decide which foreign teams you get to see live.

take matters into your own hands.

Mikey

Take what scraps they throw you for free, or pony up $125 to see a "real" team if they pull a bait and switch.

Them's your options, suck it up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if this is our carlsberg cup team though?
    i don't think i've seen that in here yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather spend the money and see a quality team then some at best average team from the Premiership....

Really, we have seen West Ham and Aston Villa enough with the Premiership unless they bring a top 4 team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Out of the entire Premier League and CCC I the only teams I am less interested to see than Bolton are:

Wigan
    Bristol City
    Watford
    Plymouth
    Peterborough
    and maybe Leicester
    Well I am happy that you didn't have Blackpool in that list, or I would have had to mince words!lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually wish they would simply remove the friendly from the season ticket package. If you want to host friendlies, have them paid for separately and fans can decide on their own if it has value for them.

The only crappy thing is that because of the greedy bastards at MLSE/TFC you know they would never pass on the savings to the season ticket holder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are how many clubs in Europe? How many in South America?

How do you arrive at Bolton?!

I just don't get it.

Question though: I assume players on loan are returned before these summer tours? i.e. No Vladi Weiss?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I actually wish they would simply remove the friendly from the season ticket package. If you want to host friendlies, have them paid for separately and fans can decide on their own if it has value for them.

The only crappy thing is that because of the greedy bastards at MLSE/TFC you know they would never pass on the savings to the season ticket holder.
    so let me get this straight
    you don't want friendlies to be a part of the seasons
    YET you want savings IF there is a game?
    uhhhhhh..........

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he wants a cheaper season ticket, as opposed to....

Hey we froze season ticket prices for 2011 as a loyalty gesture for our amazing fans!!!! but you don't get a friendly game any more.

which is probably how mlse would do it if they no longer include the friendly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    so let me get this straight
    you don't want friendlies to be a part of the seasons
    YET you want savings IF there is a game?
    uhhhhhh..........
    You misunderstood my post.

I want the friendly removed from my season ticket package, with the savings passed on to me.

Ex. If this season I didn't have to pay for the included friendly I would pay $300 for my south end ticket as opposed to $322.

Get it?

And then when they want to have friendlies, I can decide on my own whether its worth it to go.

I think he wants a cheaper season ticket, as opposed to....

Hey we froze season ticket prices for 2011 as a loyalty gesture for our amazing fans!!!! but you don't get a friendly game any more.

which is probably how mlse would do it if they no longer include the friendly.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Guys...this is a friendly....it's an exhibition where you go to watch the teams play but not try to kill or embarrass each other. I'm not interested in seeing how TFC stack up against Bolton or Burnley or Birmingham.

What does that matter?

The only reason they peddle these crappy teams to us is because we eat it up and ask for more.

How about Tenerife or Malaga?
    Maybe Atalanta or Catania?

Would you guys want to see them play TFC?

I know I don't. Why? Because there are many better teams, with many better players that the TFC FO COULD be getting for us.

Instead we remain happy with mediocrity.

Sometimes I think it should be the motto for this club
    Just wait until TFC isn't the garaunteed money maker........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be in the minority, I'm still just excited to see TFC play anyone. I'd pay (not too much mind you) to watch them play a CSL team. Any Premier League team would be great. Like everyone else, I have my preferences, but if my team's playing, I'm excited to watch.