Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a long season, guys. If Preki though DeRo and JDG needed the rest, then I'd much rather he rest them during an away match, on our third game in seven days.

It's a long season. Talking about firing Preki for not starting them is ridiculous.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I Feel Like An Idiot. For Some Stupid Reason I Was Looking Forward To Watching This Game.
    me x 2
    ahahaa

Reina de la Carretera
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Feel Like An Idiot. For Some Stupid Reason I Was Looking Forward To Watching This Game.

i'm with you n that Pat.
    RPB Road Warrior. Crew 5/26/07, Boston 6/23/07, Chi 7/7/07, NY 8/11/07, DC 9/29/07, LA 10/13/07, MLS Cup 11/18/07, C-Bus 3/25/08, DC 5/24/08, MTL 5/27/08, Chi 7/12/08, KC 9/20/08, KC Opener 3/21/09, C-Bus 3/28/09, DC March 5/9/09, Super Draft 2010, CCC 2010, MTL 5/12/10, Philly 7/17/10, Honduras 8/3/10, NY 8/11/10, Mexico 9/21/10, Turkey 01/29/11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    well... i do hate a lot of the things he's done... but if he was never here i would never know who danny dichio was...

3 years of losing was definitely worth that for me.
    You sir are far drunker and in a better mood then I am to be wearing those rose coloured glasses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cann always seems so nervous when he's being interviewed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm gonna watch this garbage when our manager isn't even interested..... something is wrong with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, second half will be amazing. We're playing for the draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least they look fucking cool...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tired and not feeling well all day today. This game isn't helping things so far.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Home teams 11 TFC Road Teams 2 this season as far as goals.

Better TFC would never show up playing on the road, they would save money and players would be rested... just lose at the table 0-3 all of them!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naturegirl View Post
    Hey John. I'm good thanks! Hope your well. minus the game i am currently trying to forget. lol
    I'm well here out West. What've you been up to?

======

And as shitty as this game is so far...let's not lose focus. We made both Seattle AND Montreal butthurt. ALL IN THE SAME WEEK! That's gotta fucking mean SOMETHING! RSL so far has done shite all (everything's been handed to them on a silver platter); they're bound to do something stupid to prove that their win last year was a complete and utter fluke.

Imagine:

- If Cowlumpass had put in a full effort during the Eastern semi
    - If Chicago had converted some of those chances in the Eastern final
    - If the Galaxatives hadn't choked in the PK in the final

Would these words, "...champions of Real Salt Lake" ever be uttered?

No!
    Last edited by twistedchinaman; 05-01-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    45 minutes left. lots of time. bring on strong subs with better possession and we'll have a chance.

its not over.
    We've never come from 2-0 down on the road in our history.

I know you're optimistic, but I'm not feeling a draw here and I wasn't confident even if our lineup was strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it kill Preki to get off his ass once in awhile, every time they show him is sitting like a slob playing with his junk through his pockets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Thank you.
    exactly.

i hate all these fairweathers and frontrunners that want a complete overhaul anytime ANYTHING goes wrong. if these guys ran the world, nothing would work.

its' not FIFA. its not Football Manager. FFS have some faith and loyalty you supposed "supporters"

like i said earlier. 45 minutes left. thats a lot of time. and they're playing in typical toronto weather. a quick goal into the second half and we'll have a game on our hands.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh -- was expecting a loss. Preki was clearly hoping 1-0 going into halftime and then to play for a draw. Will be tough with two down, though. Still doable if DeRo and Barrett connect and turn it on, but it will be hard as hell.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly.

i hate all these fairweathers and frontrunners that want a complete overhaul anytime ANYTHING goes wrong. if these guys ran the world, nothing would work.

its' not FIFA. its not Football Manager. FFS have some faith and loyalty you supposed "supporters"

like i said earlier. 45 minutes left. thats a lot of time. and they're playing in typical toronto weather. a quick goal into the second half and we'll have a game on our hands.
    I believe I have called you an unreasonable booster before, but I find myself agreeing with you now. GO REDS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you're optimistic, but I'm not feeling a draw here and I wasn't confident even if our lineup was strong.
    i hear you, but when JDG and DeRo come on, I want to see how our team stacks up.

most people thought we couldn't score 6 goals in a match before but it happened. always stay positive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is everyone here really that dumb? With a full schedule, preki is forced to sit them, so they stay healthy, and are actually able to practice, and be useful for our next game. Do you really want them playing every single game that we have, and end up getting leg cramps, and being fatigued every game?

Sitting them now makes complete sence, and they will likely be brought on a little bit into this half, possibly with DeRo hopping on right away, and DeGuz being put in a little later.

You all should realize that this has to happen every now and then. Doesnt make for the best game, but if its a game you know you will lose anyway (they are a great team, and they never lose at home) then it is a better plan sitting them tonight, then waiting for a game we can actually win, and sitting them for that, letting a weaker team run all over us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I believe I have called you an unreasonable booster before, but I find myself agreeing with you now. GO REDS!
    lol oh if i could list all the things i've been called...

We're not out of the game yet boys!! TFC!!! TFC!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come On You Reds!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the amount of bile being hurled at Preki for his decision to rest JDG and DeRo, you'd think this was the Champions League final or something.

I'm sure he didn't rest them because he thought it would be fun, or humorous. You sit your best players if you think they need it. On that matter, I trust Preki more than some people on a messageboard.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got home and it seems we are back to the same old shit.Put together a couple good games and look like an improved team and then come out with this shit.Your 2 best players on the bench and you are playing for a draw.You obviously don`t have much confidance in your team if you start this line-up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of get what Preki was thinking with the starting lineup, I just do not think the Reds have the players to support such a plan.

Not putting DeRo and JDG in the lineup out of the gate puts them behind the eight ball from the get go.

Outside Nane's header the Reds really did not have any chances.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly.

One goal is all it takes right now -- a stroke of luck, one kick. That's it.

And for heaven's sake, Barrett needs something. And what better than to be the hero?

COME ON YOU REDS
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Is everyone here really that dumb? With a full schedule, preki is forced to sit them, so they stay healthy, and are actually able to practice, and be useful for our next game. Do you really want them playing every single game that we have, and end up getting leg cramps, and being fatigued every game?

Sitting them now makes complete sence, and they will likely be brought on a little bit into this half, possibly with DeRo hopping on right away, and DeGuz being put in a little later.

You all should realize that this has to happen every now and then. Doesnt make for the best game, but if its a game you know you will lose anyway (they are a great team, and they never lose at home) then it is a better plan sitting them tonight, then waiting for a game we can actually win, and sitting them for that, letting a weaker team run all over us.
    Co-signed, except I really thought that Preki felt his first half squad could hold a draw. Other than a mistake on the corner, we held on (yes, barely, but still held on).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was saying dont call for the coach's head a couple minutes into the game. have you watched the last few games? Preki has turned this team around 180 degrees

he choose to rest the main starters. it was a gamble and it didnt work. is that deserving of a firing?
    I just don't like Preki, and especially Mo. Preki has coached for three years only. We needed a more experienced coach. I don't care what he did for Chivas, they had much better players to work with. Preki brought in a bunch of garbage when he arrived. As for resting players, I don't disagree. But, we have no depth. This team is a disaster without DeRo. JDG picked it up the past few games, but I don't believe he is DP quality. What team has rested their DP? Waste of money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    It's a long season, guys. If Preki though DeRo and JDG needed the rest, then I'd much rather he rest them during an away match, on our third game in seven days.

It's a long season. Talking about firing Preki for not starting them is ridiculous.

- Scott

i don't agree. these guys should be up for it. they have the next week off. we don't play again till the 8th. if we have a heavy schedule then lay off training for them. these are our big boys, they should be playing every game they can walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frei's got to learn a lot about the beautiful game !