Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I saw Preki approach DeRo at the 2nd half... they had a small chit chat and I am sure it was regarding whether he wanted to continue or not... The extra goals could have been insurance if it came down to the wire...
    yeah I saw that too, but also saw him come up limping there around the 70th minute...

I think the boys need as mcuh time as possible on the field together, but I thoiught that was a bit dangerous...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Luke Wileman, Harden just returned to BMO field. 22 stitches later. Preki reported that he may be out for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should really use the "www.redpatchboys.ca" name there rather than the IP.

The IP might change. The name will not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have a video link to the garcia incident??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2freedom View Post
    Sportsnet connected just showed it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2freedom View Post
    LOL I just hope noone turns it into an animated avartar...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    LOL I just hope noone turns it into an animated avartar...
    Dude, you missed that joke by at least 2 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22211

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    Chad!!! Where have you been hiding that??
    Barrett everyone's got the hate on for him. I'm glad he scored, I really am. Having said that he needs to do much much more.

Even when he scores I can criticize...well because its the internets... but four touches inside 10 yards? That kind of play is how he misses his other 99 attempts in 100.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have links to clips of the cards and or fouls?

Seriously, why the fuck doesnt TFC's game in six minutes have any of the cards? Are they not relevant moments in a match? WTF?

I really want to know what Montreal's first red was for. I couldnt see it from 119 and in their infinite wisdom BMO staff decided it wasnt something they needed to re play on the big screen. Its really fucking annoying when you go to a game and they purposefully keep the crowd in the dark on calls.

All I saw was whoever it was for TFC fall down and he looked like he was dead.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post
    Barrett everyone's got the hate on for him. I'm glad he scored, I really am. Having said that he needs to do much much more.

Even when he scores I can criticize...well because its the internets... but four touches inside 10 yards? That kind of play is how he misses his other 99 attempts in 100.
    No kidding. I was on my feet screaming "SHOOT IT!!!! SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!! SHOOO-- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! But seriously WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT????"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please post the torrent if one goes up, I need to see all the crazy hijinks.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I really want to know what Montreal's first red was for.
    Roberto Brown punched Garcia twice in the jaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post

I agree. I'm so happy he scored... because of how hard he works you can't help but root for the guy... But Limpact defense was HORRIBLE... because the first guy pretty much got beat by a change in direction and never bothered to keep up. The second guy got completely dummied by a weak body fake... A competent defense should be able to close him down in the 3-4 seconds during those touches and probably wouldn't have let him get that shot off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    Roberto Brown punched Garcia twice in the jaw.
    He looked out cold, face down for about 10-20 seconds... didn't see anything from the south end but assuming he's not hurt seriously... that was hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tic Tac - Tabernac - Who the fuck are the LimpAct???

hahahaha... by far one of the best TFC games ive been to... but then again ive only been to like 10 in the past 4 seasons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal looked like shit... but honestly they never looked like world beaters at BMO before, but lucked out a goal for a tie in 2008 and should have lost by more at BMO in 2009. This time they finally got exactly what they deserved.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love night games.

Energy was low in the first half and the injuries kind of took the wind out of the sails even though TFC was up 1-0.

Second half was much better especially after the Barrett the atmosphere was awesome.

I didn't see much of the game but I did see th Barrett goal. But the highlight of the night for me was when the players came over to the south end at the end of the game and did something like this....

@ 0:13

A win is a win....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts...

Peterson - impressive. Looking forward to more from him.
    Dero - great as always
    Barrett - great goal, but some of his other plays still leaves me doubting him

Those were our top 3 out there, and Gala would be a close runner up if not close tie for 3rd.

Glad we got the win, though anything less considering how MTL played would be pretty much unacceptable. Got kinda boring at the end, but overall a good game for TFC and will hopefully give them a push going into the next one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did any of you guys see towards the end of the game? gargan had come right up field and challenged the impacts RB, stephen deroux (i think that is his name). gargan was sent to the ground but managed to get a corner out of it.

either way, gargan got up and deroux started chirping at him. gargan said a few words back and then put up 2 fingers and then made a 0 and said something else.

fucking classic, i loved it! one of the highlights for me. i thought he played a great defensive game.

overall, good game by the lads, hopefully its a confidence booster to build on. especially for barrett, beautiful goal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just amazed Roberto Brown was the first person in Toronto to punch Nick Garcia in the face.

Can't believe how hard he went down. Must've took it on the button.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home from the game and finally saw the replay of Garcia getting punched in the face, and not gonna lie, I kinda laughed a bit. I dont wish any physical harm on the guy, but was kind of funny. And seeing them go down to 10 players and we dont have to worry about him any more the rest of the game, all pluses for me!

Other things for me, Gala and Peterson both had great games, DeRo was himself, nothing else needs to be said. Great goal by Barrett too, and if he only could have gotten his head to that DeRo cross earlier, he could have had a great diving header too. He had a couple nice runs too, good work tonight.

Really kind of annoyed we ONCE AGAIN didn't wear our red jerseys, and not only did we not wear the red but we went back to the stupid greys and didn't even wear our new white ones which look way better. I dont get it. Oh well

One of my favorite parts from tonight wasn't even in the game, but was during the march to BMO when we stood under the Impact fans and were singing "Tic Tac Tabernac" and that "6-1 and you fucked it up" song. I had a great time doing that haha.

Good job tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any highlight film of the Garcia incident on the web yet?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The probably tossed the nutralite badge on the greys knowing that we'll be wearing white and red for league games from know on... That's my theory....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say enough about Garcia. He literally took one on the jaw for the team. We should be thanking him. How many other guys would let that happen?

O'Brien White looked horrible. Out of position, head down, high kicks, lack of hustle.

Barrett was playing his heart out again. Glad to see he got one in the back of the net. He works so hard and never takes any time off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canucker View Post
    did any of you guys see towards the end of the game? gargan had come right up field and challenged the impacts RB, stephen deroux (i think that is his name). gargan was sent to the ground but managed to get a corner out of it.

either way, gargan got up and deroux started chirping at him. gargan said a few words back and then put up 2 fingers and then made a 0 and said something else.

fucking classic, i loved it! one of the highlights for me. i thought he played a great defensive game.

overall, good game by the lads, hopefully its a confidence booster to build on. especially for barrett, beautiful goal!
    haha i thought he did that to tell the ref the guy kept fouling him. because he held his hand in the motion of holding out a card

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    Can't say enough about Garcia. He literally took one on the jaw for the team. We should be thanking him. How many other guys would let that happen?

O'Brien White looked horrible. Out of position, head down, high kicks, lack of hustle.

Barrett was playing his heart out again. Glad to see he got one in the back of the net. He works so hard and never takes any time off
    Couldn't agree more, works hard and got what he deserved. I'm like most people and go at him at lot for his finishing (or lack thereof), but really worked hard and got what he deserved. After watching the replays when I got home tonight too it was great to see him hold up the badge too. Class move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, Impact coach blames the officiating

However, not everybody was so convinced that Toronto won on merit alone. Pointing to favouritism to Toronto FC, who plays in the higher-level Major League Soccer compared to Montreal's USSF Division 2, and a missed handball on a play that led to a foul, Montreal coach Marc Dos Santos said the officiating was poor.

"One day, this competition will have three teams in the MLS. And I think refs are going to be more courageous with their decision," Dos Santos said. "Right now, if you see player X or Y that falls, you might not call it. But if [Toronto forward Dwayne] De Rosario or [Toronto midfielder Julian] de Guzman falls, he's going to call it right away. Come on, you need personality in life. If not, [officiating] is not for you. Just because you have the FIFA tag on your chest, it's not enough. Come on."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...#ixzz0mScxdRZI

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha... Dos Santos it wasn't the ref that PUNCHED Garcia.