Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."

Yeah well loving the game and the club doesn't mean you know what you are doing.
    Well said...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There just something not right about this whole deal...
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder who else are first wave clients..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I wonder who else are first wave clients..

Hahahaha!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The full text is now available and to me, it's a lot of fluff.

Carver, in a bit of irony, says "at the end of the day, if I'm the coach and I'm in charge of the football team, and I'm not successful, as far as I'm concerned, the buck stops with me."

He forgot to add, "... except of course, when I choose to quit and pass the buck to my assistant."

This reads to me like one of those old World Wrestling Federation storylines from the 80s, where elements of the public hang on every scripted word, believing it to be real. Oblivious to the idea that there is already a predetermined outcome. We'll get focused on the words and emotions and lose the line between reality and fiction.

The basic fact in this saga that is overlooked is that when an employment contract is terminated, both parties will typically sign a form of a Non-Disparagement Agreement. It prevents parties, upon penalty, from speaking ill of each other.

If Carver has one of those, this interview is about as credible as Paul Mr. Wonderful Orndorf speaking about his future plans.

Note that when Mo referenced suing Cummins, he isn't threatening that on the basis of the allegations being false. Anselmi isn't either in claiming it is sour grapes. I would wager they are looking at a situation in which Cummins violated a Non-disparagement Agreement.

If one of those things exists, and I can't see why a big corporation would overlook a fairly common employment clause, it really negates the believability factor on comments made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCUNITED View Post
    lol good one yup that's mo

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does Carver have to gain by bashing mo at this point?

All he would do right now is sound like a whiney man b!tch...just like Cummins and Gerba did.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both represented by First Wave. Interesting.

Carver wasn't as forthcoming with the Pro-Mo stuff when he was sent to the box to coach from there...

This doesn't change much but the amount of footie gossip in Toronto. It's a slim chance Mo could come out a hero this year, Cummins interview or no.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people are making entirely too much of the First Wave "connection".

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Frankly, I'm exhausted with this shit. Our team played well on the weekend, and I look forward to our game with Montreal this week.

I wanted Mo fired before this, or any of the other former employee interviews came out, and I want him fired now still. Folks need to stop hanging by the every words of these former employees, all with agendas and perceptions of their own.

Our team has been a shit show for four seasons. Mo has done a terrible job of bringing in the players we need to have success. I want him fired for that. All of this other scuttlebutt is just peripheral clutter that everyone interprets differently, depending on what conclusions they want to make.

- Scott

Great Fucking Post. I didn't even bother reading past it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to check out who is following me on twitter, who is this mauricejohnston that is following me...I don't like it!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I never thought much of Carver's football tactics, and despised his post-game antics, but he conducted himself like a real gentlemen in that interview.

Whatever the truth about what happened here, then and now, I applaud him for that.
    Agreed. Carver left of his own volition and either has no axe to grind with Mo or refuses to defame the character of his former employer for his own personal reasons. Perhaps it is also because of his invlovement with First Wave. In any case, I think his response shows class on his part and I'm glad he didn't add fuel to the fire. I've had enough of this shit. Mo will be relieved of his managerial responsibilities at some point but until then, I just want to watch football!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I'm exhausted with this shit. Our team played well on the weekend, and I look forward to our game with Montreal this week.

I wanted Mo fired before this, or any of the other former employee interviews came out, and I want him fired now still. Folks need to stop hanging by the every words of these former employees, all with agendas and perceptions of their own.

Our team has been a shit show for four seasons. Mo has done a terrible job of bringing in the players we need to have success. I want him fired for that. All of this other scuttlebutt is just peripheral clutter that everyone interprets differently, depending on what conclusions they want to make.

- Scott
    Spot on. There's nothing I could add to this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I wrote in today's news thread: small blurb in today's Star print edition, by Daniel Girard, can't find it online.
    "Johnston won't sue ex-coach
    TFC general manager Mo Johnston said Tuesday he won't purse legal action against former coach Chris Cummins for comments made public Monday.

Johnston, who on Monday had reportedly said he was going to consult his lawyer over Cummins' comments, said in a brief email Tuesday, "I'm moving on."
    Hallelujah! It seems somebody talked a modicum of sense into Mo. I've had more than enough of all this, FOR NOW! (We will see what "I'm moving on" means exactly. It's OK to have a dream, eh?)

Time for me to direct my focus to the boys on the field!
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-28-2010 at 08:33 AM.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes this shite is getting out of hand
    lets watch some footy and support the boys on the field
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    As I wrote in today's news thread: small blurb in today's Star print edition, by Daniel Girard, can't find it online.
    Hallelujah! It seems somebody talked a modicum of sense into Mo. I've had more than enough of all this, FOR NOW! (We will see what "I'm moving on" means exactly. It's OK to have a dream, eh?)

Time for me to direct my focus to the boys on the field!
    Interesting... after the Carver interview...
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-28-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people are making entirely too much of the First Wave "connection".

- Scott
    I don't, there is too much there, much more than just the MoJo-JC connection.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo found it quite hard making that transition from being the head coach to moving upstairs
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of his capabilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of his capabilities.
    Do you think any manager would have an easy time going from being involved in every day tactics, training and other first team duties and then jumping up stairs to a totally different role where they are not actively involved with the first team?

Especially so in that he was a former deadly striker himself, so yeah I think it's totally understandable. Also watching him the first year on the sideline it was totally evident that he'd rather be on the pitch still.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott

Scott, I can certainly understand your feelings and don't deny this soap opera is weighing heavy over the team.

That being said, I am constantly bewildered by people going into threads that are discussing topics that these very same people claim "annoy" them or "tire" them. Why do that?

Is there someone putting a gun to your head forcing you to read these threads?

There are threads about the game on Saturday or about the Montreal game tonight. What's with the need to go into topics that you have no desire to discuss only to complain about the fact that it is being discussed? It's not like these threads are interfering with your ability (or anyone elses) to discuss other aspects of TFC, including past or upcoming matches?

This is a general wonderment I have had about everyone who complains about the kinds of conversations that go on in these boards. We have thousands of users on this site, everyone being a distinctly different person with different viewpoints, pet peeves and opinions. If a particular thread is not to your liking, there are hundreds of others that might be, and of course there is the ultimate response to your problem, start a new thread with a discussion that you are interested in participating and does not annoy you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't, there is too much there, much more than just the MoJo-JC connection.
    I'm talking about the people implying the reason JC didn't throw Mo under the bus, is because they are both represented by the same management agency.

I also think the whole "all Mo signs is First Wave-represented players" thing is overblown too. But that's a different discussion for a different day.

That said, I'm curious to know what is "there", since you've said there is "too much there" to ignore.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Scott, I can certainly understand your feelings and don't deny this soap opera is weighing heavy over the team.

That being said, I am constantly bewildered by people going into threads that are discussing topics that these very same people claim "annoy" them or "tire" them. Why do that?

Is there someone putting a gun to your head forcing you to read these threads?

There are threads about the game on Saturday or about the Montreal game tonight. What's with the need to go into topics that you have no desire to discuss only to complain about the fact that it is being discussed? It's not like these threads are interfering with your ability (or anyone elses) to discuss other aspects of TFC, including past or upcoming matches?

This is a general wonderment I have had about everyone who complains about the kinds of conversations that go on in these boards. We have thousands of users on this site, everyone being a distinctly different person with different viewpoints, pet peeves and opinions. If a particular thread is not to your liking, there are hundreds of others that might be, and of course there is the ultimate response to your problem, start a new thread with a discussion that you are interested in participating and does not annoy you.
    I didn't complain about the subject being discussed - I said I was exhausted by it, because it's irrelevant. I then explained why I think this interview, like the others, is irrelevant. In other words, I made a contribution to the discussion.

- Scott

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why people see "Supporting Boys on the Field" and wanting "Change in both Management and Structure" as being linked. They are mutually exclusive.

We'll sing our asses off for the guys wearing the badge.

But that doesn't mean that we can't ask that the badge mean something more to the organization. There are clear steps that can be taken. Remove the reporting structure for TFC and align it with the Leafs and Raptors. Determine if there is truth to the Mo stuff and fix it if necessary. From there, determine if he is the guy to lead. Let the Board decide. Move on either way.

None of that has anything to do with the players on the field.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm talking about the people implying the reason JC didn't throw Mo under the bus, is because they are both represented by the same management agency.
    I'd agree with that. I think the reason he didn't make a bus toss is that he likely has signed a Non-Disparagement Agreement.

Cummins probably signed one too, elected to break it and may get sued as a result.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I'd agree with that. I think the reason he didn't make a bus toss is that he likely has signed a Non-Disparagement Agreement.

Cummins probably signed one too, elected to break it and may get sued as a result.
    Read the quote above, from today's print edition of the Star. Mo changed his tune, he isn't pursuing legal action against Cummins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why people see "Supporting Boys on the Field" and wanting "Change in both Management and Structure" as being linked. They are mutually exclusive.

We'll sing our asses off for the guys wearing the badge.

But that doesn't mean that we can't ask that the badge mean something more to the organization. There are clear steps that can be taken. Remove the reporting structure for TFC and align it with the Leafs and Raptors. Determine if there is truth to the Mo stuff and fix it if necessary. From there, determine if he is the guy to lead. Let the Board decide. Move on either way.

None of that has anything to do with the players on the field.
    I think you mean they AREN'T mutually exclusive.

And I don't think anyone disagrees with the notion that demanding changes in the front office, and cheering on the team, mutually exclude one another.

What is getting exhausting, is reading people trying to connect the most tenuous of dots like it was the freaking Da Vinci Code, breaking down the psychology of why they are saying what they are saying and how they said it, and drawing completetly unfounded conclusions as a result.

Like the guy who said clearly the fix was in here, because Mo's "buddy" Ives did the interview after Wheeler suspiciously backed out of the picture. Or the people who think Carver is providing covering fire for Mo, because they are represented by the same talent agency. Or the people who think the timing of Carver's interview is conspicuous, as though tons of media people haven't been banging on his door for the past week to try and add more gasoline to this big drama-fire.

Like... really? That's the part that exhausts me.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or he knows a lot more about how the team and the league is run than we do. Maybe he knows more about what Oldtimer mentions as going on, "there."

From the outside a lot of this stuff just doesn't look very professional. A company starts a team from scratch and doesn't bother to hire anyone who's done that before, or even run a team for any length of time. One agency represents the entire coaching/management staff and half the players. The team struggles on the field and management contracts are extended.

Maybe Carver just looked at it from the inside and said this whole place is a mess and got out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people are exhausted with discussing how shit Mo Johnston does his job, why do they act like masochists and read and post in the threads that discuss it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Or he knows a lot more about how the team and the league is run than we do. Maybe he knows more about what Oldtimer mentions as going on, "there."

From the outside a lot of this stuff just doesn't look very professional. A company starts a team from scratch and doesn't bother to hire anyone who's done that before, or even run a team for any length of time. One agency represents the entire coaching/management staff and half the players. The team struggles on the field and management contracts are extended.

Maybe Carver just looked at it from the inside and said this whole place is a mess and got out.
    First Wave represent six of our current players. They also represent seven Chicago Fire players, five San Jose players, and five New York players. According to their website, anyway.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a decent guy ( well at least as decent as MO) and I love Toronto FC, give me the job of GM. I am qualified.