Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo has a backer in John Carver

Now this is something even I didn't see coming.

According to Soccer By Ives's Twitter account (@SoccerByIves), former TFC head coach John Carver is siding with Mo in the recent tiffs caused by the man who replaced Carver when he resigned, Chris Cummins, and former player Ali Gerba. Both were interviewed by The Score's Kristian Jack recently.

Carver went on to say this about Mo:

"If your team isn't performing, you're going to look for somebody to pin the blame on, and an easy target is Mo and people are jumping on the bandwagon.

"He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."

Check out http://www.soccerbyives.net/ later for the interview Ives did with Carver.
    Last edited by atlanticTFCfan; 04-27-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so hopefully next week they interview serieux and robo to determine who's fault it is
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."

Yeah well loving the game and the club doesn't mean you know what you are doing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticTFCfan View Post

According to Soccer By Ives's Twitter account (@SoccerByIves), former TFC head coach John Carver is siding with Mo in the recent tiffs caused by the man who replaced Carver when he resigned, Chris Cummins, and former player Ali Gerba. Both were interviewed by The Score's Kristian Jack recently.

"If your team isn't performing, you're going to look for somebody to pin the blame on, and an easy target is Mo and people are jumping on the bandwagon.

"He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.....I have some doubts about this. I know Ives is very respected, but he is Mo's friend. I am sure Toronto FC asked Carver to speak to Ives.

I want to know if Kristian Jack ever tried to contact Carver. If he did, did Carver turn him down. It just seems weird that Ives interviews Carver, and not a Toronto reporter.

Does anyone else think that this seems a little fishy?

If all 3 were interviewed by Kristian Jack, and Carver defended MoJo, then I'd be more inclined to think this is a legit interview.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then, I guess that means he's quiting. I mean, I think we can all agree that would be best for the club. And so if that's Mo's top priority (according to Carver), then I guess there's no need for any banners or protests or whatnot.

I suppose Mo is just in the process of cleaning out his office then. I wonder if he needs a hand.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out http://www.soccerbyives.net/ later for the interview Ives did with Carver.
    This was actually on the sidebar to the right... displayed during Cummin's interview.... it clearly said that Carver was going to speak in support of his former boss.
    Last edited by FluSH; 04-27-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. Atlantic... I know you are a mod at BS... is that Carver link some sort of shameless plug for BS I don't see the substance there?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't give a rats ass what John Carver has to say about Cummins and Ali Gerba. The fact of the matter is he was long gone for any topic discussed by these guys in their interviews. Carver you think Mo's cute? great. Doesn't make him a good GM, and unfortunately, you had the best squad Mo's put together to work with and we played nothing but a god awefull long ball style of play that couldn't beat house league teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    P.S. Atlantic... I know you are a mod at BS... is that Carver link some sort of shameless plug for BS I don't see the substance there?
    No. To be honest, I didn't even notice them. My bad for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. To be honest, I didn't even notice them. My bad for that.
    np...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god, this is all pretty weird & funny. Someone is going to write a good book about this, some day.

I'm going to try to ignore all this crap for now, and focus on the games tomorrow & on the weekend. Yeah, I know this is all somehow important for the club's future, but I can't handle any more of this farce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I question characterizing this as being in 'support' of Mo. It's clear that he's not piling on dirt, but saying that Mo wants whats best for the club is actually a pretty nuetral statement. I don't doubt for a second that Mo loves TFC and wants what's best for the team - I just think that he's incompetent and has failed to deliver. Carver left before Cummings was forced to deal with the unbalanced line up that Mo put together, Carver didn't have to deal with Mo's locker room meddling, Carver didn't have to deal with the Dichio situation etc.

I don't doubt Carver's experience and I'll respect his thoughts on that, but he was out the door before things got really ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHat a BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!!! Who does he want us to blame? the field turf for not preparing the team and and reinforcing the position we needed for 4 years in a row...

How deos th fact that he " loves" football and Loves TFC make him any more competent at directing this team forward??? I can anything that on this board there are ppl who love TFC FAR more than anyone on the TFC;s FO... Does that mean we should make them GMs... ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought that outspoken as JC usually is, he would have taken the opportunity to further pile the dirt on Mo. It's obvious that he didn't appreciate Mo's lies when he was here, which goes a long way to explain why he eventually left. I understand that they are friends, but anyone who is looking to JC as being an ally insofar as paving the way for Mo's eventual departure is concerned, they may be sorely disappointed. At least from the accounts I've heard.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 04-27-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps: is there a recording of this inteview?? or will galcep only cut and paste the parts that MO likes and write about it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not pretend to know what motivates Carver to say or do what he did. I personally dont care. He says MO is a good guy, fantastic, but what does that have to do with what CC and Gerba are claiming ? This is so transparent, its almost insulting to the intelligence, but that is how the TFC FO operates. Are we going to see pictures of MO in the park playing with his kids next ? Please...

Gixmo

I am very surprised to hear of this via Ives Twitter feed, but as Flush mentions there were signs this was going to be a 'Mo Backing' interview. The timing, announced on the heels of KJ's roast of Johnton, was questionable to..

Why John, Why... As a friend pointed out, I'd be checking John Carver's bank account for that endorsement cheque. When John left, clearly there were problems... Now, He's having tea and crumpets with MoJo?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the article, but Ives is a Mo man. This will be a pro Mo interview.

I wonder why Carver didn't go on the Grill Room like he was originally suppose to? I guess Carver is a Mo supporter as well and by going on that show he knew things would go negative against Mo.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I haven't seen the article, but Ives is a Mo man. This will be a pro Mo interview.

I wonder why Carver didn't go on the Grill Room like he was originally suppose to? I guess Carver is a Mo supporter as well and by going on that show he knew things would go negative against Mo.
    Because Wheeler is off today.

Something rotten in Denmark if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did JC pick Ives to talk to? Why not Goff? John Molinaro? Dobson? Don't they cover Toronto FC. When you want to do a fluff piece you go to your friend always!

just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm disappointed in Carver not slamming Mo. I'm sure he's got his reasons so I can't slam as being all of a sudden a moron but I sure would have liked to see him air his dirty laundry.

However, let's not all freak out because Mo has backup - this doesn't change the facts. Mo must still go.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    We're getting somebody from Denmark? Woohoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Because Wheeler is off today.

and Wheeler and Jack are friends. Jack is always on the show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what I expected when I heard he was being interviewed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I'm exhausted with this shit. Our team played well on the weekend, and I look forward to our game with Montreal this week.

I wanted Mo fired before this, or any of the other former employee interviews came out, and I want him fired now still. Folks need to stop hanging by the every words of these former employees, all with agendas and perceptions of their own.

Our team has been a shit show for four seasons. Mo has done a terrible job of bringing in the players we need to have success. I want him fired for that. All of this other scuttlebutt is just peripheral clutter that everyone interprets differently, depending on what conclusions they want to make.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    I'm disappointed in Carver not slamming Mo. I'm sure he's got his reasons so I can't slam as being all of a sudden a moron but I sure would have liked to see him air his dirty laundry.
    it *is* possible he doesn't have any to air. Carver is free to speak his mind as he wants and that doesn't mean it's always going to be the way everyone else speaks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    However, let's not all freak out because Mo has backup - this doesn't change the facts. Mo must still go.
    EXACTLY.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    and Wheeler and Jack are friends. Jack is always on the show.
    Probably nothing anyway. Not sure about the life and times of Wheeler. Maybe the show would have happened if he was available.

Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder why Carver didn't do an interview with a Toronto/Canadian reporter. I am sure there's a reason for this, unless he's scared of Toronto media? This just doesn't help Mo's cause IMO. I hope other Canadian media (like Sportsnet) try to get bottom of this story of Mo being a cancer.