Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver: "If your team isn't performing, you're going to look for somebody to pin the blame on, and an easy target is Mo...."
    You pin the blame on Mo because he's in charge of a team that isn't performing!

It is easy!

" and people are jumping on the bandwagon."
    What bandwagon?

"He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."
    Mo, if you love the Club, do the right thing…RESIGN NOW!!!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much ado about nothing I guess. I respect what Carver had to say and yes, its quite possible that he was just returning the favour for his old bosses, but I'll take it for face value.

This doesn't change either of the two most important things: TFC must win against Montreal in 22 hours and Mo Jiggily Jo must Go. In order of importance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tweets are all easily explained as taking the glass is half full approach

Carver: "If your team isn't performing, you're going to look for somebody to pin the blame on, and an easy target is Mo...."
    well duh. there are 2 people to blame, GM & coach. Coach is new so blame the guy who built the team

"and people are jumping on the bandwagon."
    more people are realizing it

"He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."
    I'm sure he does, but that doesn't make him competent to the job.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who Caaaaaares ?

That's so 2009 it's not funny anymore.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One first wave client scratches another's back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver speaks well of Mo, but doesn't contradict anything that Cummins said...

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...interview.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have read so far, Carver really hasn't given Mo any sort of huge vote of confidence and hasn't refuted anything that has been claimed. He just basically says that Mo is a nice guy. Not a lot of "content" there.

Gixmo

Yes, The guy in the black is an asshole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Okay.....I have some doubts about this. I know Ives is very respected, but he is Mo's friend. I am sure Toronto FC asked Carver to speak to Ives.

I want to know if Kristian Jack ever tried to contact Carver. If he did, did Carver turn him down. It just seems weird that Ives interviews Carver, and not a Toronto reporter.

Does anyone else think that this seems a little fishy?

If all 3 were interviewed by Kristian Jack, and Carver defended MoJo, then I'd be more inclined to think this is a legit interview.
    very fishy since the outcome of who Carver was supporting came out before the interview was even close to starting.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    very fishy since the outcome of who Carver was supporting came out before the interview was even close to starting.
    It doesnt surprise me as Carver was at our tailgate last year saying the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    One first wave client scratches another's back.
    First Wave Sports Marketing

Services

First Wave offers the following services to all of our clients:

• CLUB CONTRACT NEGOTIATION
    • TRANSFER NEGOTIATION
    • ENDORSEMENT MARKETING
    • IMMIGRATION SERVICES through Attorney Donald Mooers
    • TAX PLANNING AND ACCOUNTING through The Fulserv Group
    • CURRENCY EXCHANGE AND PLANNING through Canadian Forex
    • POST-CAREER PLANNING

Clients:

Mo Johnston

John Carver

Jimmy Brennan

=========

Is / Was Ali Gerba represented by First Wave? Nope.

Is / Was Chris Cummins represented by First Wave? Nope.

Will other previous Toronto FC players who will speak the truth about Mo be represented by First Wave? No, I'm quite certain this isn't over and I hope and pray those who know who they are speak up. Please... Kristian Jack and others in the media.... Please continue to dig and press this issue.

Was this an absolute pathetic attempt by Mo Johnston to save his job? I think we all know the answer to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    First Wave Sports Marketing

Services

First Wave offers the following services to all of our clients:

• CLUB CONTRACT NEGOTIATION
    • TRANSFER NEGOTIATION
    • ENDORSEMENT MARKETING
    • IMMIGRATION SERVICES through Attorney Donald Mooers
    • TAX PLANNING AND ACCOUNTING through The Fulserv Group
    • CURRENCY EXCHANGE AND PLANNING through Canadian Forex
    • POST-CAREER PLANNING

Clients:

Mo Johnston

John Carver

Jimmy Brennan

=========

Is / Was Ali Gerba represented by First Wave? Nope.

Is / Was Chris Cummins represented by First Wave? Nope.

Will other previous Toronto FC players who will speak the truth about Mo be represented by First Wave? No, I'm quite certain this isn't over and I hope and pray those who know who they are speak up. Please... Kristian Jack and others in the media.... Please continue to dig and press this issue.

Was this an absolute pathetic attempt by Mo Johnston to save his job? I think we all know the answer to that.
    holy conspiracy theory, batman!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Would Anselmi read this and change his mind on sacking Mo? I seriously doubt it. It says nothing and therefore carries no weight. There's no finger pointed at anyone else, or staunch defence of Mo's actions and record at TFC. It's wafer thin, wishy washy, content free platitudes. JC may not have wanted to stick the knife in, but he's hardly mounted a sterling defence.

Put it this way - look at the reaction in this thread to what Ives has posted, and then ask yourself if Anselmi et al would react any differently?
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can I get First Wave to represent me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought much of Carver's football tactics, and despised his post-game antics, but he conducted himself like a real gentlemen in that interview.

Whatever the truth about what happened here, then and now, I applaud him for that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    From what I have read so far, Carver really hasn't given Mo any sort of huge vote of confidence and hasn't refuted anything that has been claimed. He just basically says that Mo is a nice guy. Not a lot of "content" there.
    Well he did call him a "decent guy" afterall, thats positive something - I think

That said its odd he didn't say great guy or at least a good guy. But maybe I'm reading too much into this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Where? He's pointed out that clients of a particular agency have all sided with the FO and the only people who have spoken out have different representation. There's no conspiracy theory there, all factual isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver recognizes a good man about as well as he did a good substitution on game day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post

So is the other…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lord, what a fluff job.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that Craver has violated his non-disclosure agreement I guess Mo will be suing him too?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have to agree with Roogsy, & Cretan. Carver doesn't come out and back any of Mo's decisions as a manager. Only to say Mo intentions are good. He's a good guy and wants the best for the team and never interfered in Carver's decisions on players, tactics, etc. I'm sure all of those things are true.

The issue, as we all know, is as good as Mo's intentions are they have not so far turned into positive results.

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    So is the other…
    Well played

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    No, those are just plain links for all to see. Ali Gerba and Chris Cummins do not share the same professional representation as Mo Johnston. I suspect and hope we will here from other players who also do not share the same professional representation.

If we want to get into conspiracy theories and speculation, I'd get into why there always seem to be someone so quick to get out the "pro" message. Almost like its their job to anonymously monitor all the Toronto FC social media sites and counter any perceived negativism.

Mo Johnston's has had an abysmal managerial record.. both here and in New York, has an extremely hodgepodge and frantic trade history, has had many of the leagues best players perform poorly here, has had both a former player and former coach with no professional ties give scathing reviews, and there have been several other previous players saying the same things in private as well, who will hopefully come forward very soon. (Please guys!)

There's no conspiracy theory, just the plain truth that is plainly visible to anyone with any sense at all that for the long term success of Toronto FC, Mo Johnston has to go.

I'm not wishing failure on the club. I want them to be successful so bad, it hurts and this is causing me so much stress. But all these signs were evident in 2007. And in 2008. And in 2009. We're into 2010 now, and well... let's just say I don't want to wait for the 5 year plan before we get a successful GM in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    The issue, as we all know, is as good as Mo's intentions are they have not so far turned into positive results.

Right. So handing over the start-up from scratch of an expansion team to a guy with so little experience was a mistake.

How come someone still gets a pass on that decision?

It really looks like what we've had for three seasns is a guy in over his head. Backed by a billion-dollar corporation who are never held accountable for leaving him in over his head.

It's funny, really, it is the movie Major League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Right. So handing over the start-up from scratch of an expansion team to a guy with so little experience was a mistake.

How come someone still gets a pass on that decision?

It really looks like what we've had for three seasns is a guy in over his head. Backed by a billion-dollar corporation who are never held accountable for leaving him in over his head.

It's funny, really, it is the movie Major League.
    It's been suggested that MLSE were...I won't say 'forced', but 'encouraged'?...to hire Mo because he was still under contract with the MLS after he was fired by NYRB. I'm not sure if that means that they paid his salary while he worked for us (up until we renewed his contract).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    It's been suggested that MLSE were...I won't say 'forced', but 'encouraged'?...to hire Mo because he was still under contract with the MLS after he was fired by NYRB. I'm not sure if that means that they paid his salary while he worked for us (up until we renewed his contract).

And were they 'encouraged' to hire only him? Were they 'discouraged' from hiring a team president with a lot of experience running a soccer team? In season one were they 'encouraged' to hire him as coach or GM or both?

This team has been a money-maker since day one. Not bringing in an experienced guy to run the team is a disgrace. There are no excuses.

Try not to let your personal feelings about the guy they did hire get in the way of how they're treating this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    And were they 'encouraged' to hire only him? Were they 'discouraged' from hiring a team president with a lot of experience running a soccer team? In season one were they 'encouraged' to hire him as coach or GM or both?

This team has been a money-maker since day one. Not bringing in an experienced guy to run the team is a disgrace. There are no excuses.

Try not to let your personal feelings about the guy they did hire get in the way of how they're treating this team.
    I wasn't argueing with you - I was replying in support of what said, pointing out that its possible that our ownership 'hired' the guy that they didn't have to pay because the league was already on the hook for his salary. I don't know that to be true, but it is a possibility.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post

Holy shit, where did Souness vacation that year? The sun?!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)