Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sooo...I wonder how DeRo and Barrett are doing today......
    I'm sure they're fine.

I still don't understand this Canada vs. US split.

So it was Brennan, DeRo, Serioux, Gerba, JDG, Nana vs Barrett, Cronin, Wynne, Garcia, Edwards?

Where did that leave Dichio, Robinson, Guevara, Vitti, Frei, etc?

To me... that doesn't add up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mo should have never been given an extension last summer. That was the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Mo should have been fired after the loss to NY last year
    I don't normally take any of the 'former player stuff', because it tends to be a little over the top. But I agree with Red Baron's statement above.

Now let's play proper football,eh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are these interviews why KJ isn't invited to things like Brennan's retirement presser? with only Nigel asking tough questions??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Guys...for those that know me and trust me in any way...then I can confirm almost everything that CC is giving us here from the player's point of view.

Which is why it was bugging me the whole "maybe Ali was the bad apple". If you guys knew Ali, you would have laughed at that immediately.

And now that you know what the true split in the locker room was, I can finally state that it's sad that a team that initially got along so well deteriorated so badly. And almost every player can attest that it either directly or indirectly led back to Mo.

What I personally didn't know is that Cummins was caught in the cross-hairs. I think I ragged on him far too much last year when so much wasn't in his hands or wasn't his fault. If I ever met him again, I will buy him a beer and personally apologize. He didn't deserve what happened to him and now I know he couldn't do much to resolve the issues there were in the locker room. The blame lies directly above him.
    Also explains why I got that rather bizarre "serioux and robinson are the problem" leak that I posted here a few months ago.

Maybe it was Marvell,Nick and Mo versus Robbo, Danny and Adrian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I'm sure they're fine.

I still don't understand this Canada vs. US split.

So it was Brennan, DeRo, Serioux, Gerba, JDG, Nana vs Barrett, Cronin, Wynne, Garcia, Edwards?

Where did that leave Dichio, Robinson, Guevara, Vitti, Frei, etc?

To me... that doesn't add up.
    It could be just 1 v 1 on either side, with a couple of the others defending a favourite

Hypothetically, Serioux could lay into Garcia for being a useless piece of shit, and maybe an American sticks up for Garcia, then DeRo weighs in for Serioux.. who knows.. sounds like schoolyard stuff.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    See to me that's more logical. (@ Jeremy)

And Jimmy in the middle trying to patch things up.

If Robbo, Serioux and Dichio are in the middle holding the team together than I could see as something like forwards vs defenders or Garcia + 1 versus everyone else.

I think more and more Garcia was/is the bad apple. But then again, he's the union rep. And usually those guys tend to be "good teammates".
    Last edited by Whoop; 04-26-2010 at 01:38 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to KJ for this interview.

With this, he is certainly on Mo's list as a "non co-operative" journalist.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    are these interviews why KJ isn't invited to things like Brennan's retirement presser? with only Nigel asking tough questions??
    Probably.

As I've said before, I get the impression that they are interested in TFC, but they have no time for the mickey mouse bullshit that seems to permeate the club, mostly due to Mo Johnston's personality and tactics. As such, they dont get invited to MLSE's pressers because they arent willing to treat the club with kid gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Mo and Jimmy Brennan BOTH threw Kristian under the proverbial bus a the press conference announcing Jimmy's retirement from playing. They both unequivocally stated that KJs reporting of a player rift was complete crap.

However now we have a player in Gerba and a former interim coach in Cummins revealing that there was indeed the very rift that Mo AND Brennan said did not exist.

Kristian Jack has been right as rain on his TFC reporting. Slagging of him by TFC management is sour grapes directed to someone who is asking the tough and embarrassing questions they do not want to answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    It could be just 1 v 1 on either side, with a couple of the others defending a favourite

Hypothetically, Serioux could lay into Garcia for being a useless piece of shit, and maybe an American sticks up for Garcia, then DeRo weighs in for Serioux.. who knows.. sounds like schoolyard stuff.
    For the record, Garcia is a useless piece of shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mo is like this with his own team, imagine what he is like with other clubs. No wonder no one wants to deal with him.

This of course, hurts TFC's chances to get players from MLS sources.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's something about Brennan that doesn't sit right with me.

He was the captain of the team. He loves the club, we get that.

Yet he didn't speak out after the NYRB debacle.
    He denies any rift in the locker room. Yet there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

I don't know maybe I'm thinking stuff up...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no surprises, here Cummins was definitely above his head here but Mo didnt make it any better by any means. He needs to get fired ASAP, dudes a cancer. At this point id say its mostly preki's team but it wouldnt hurt for it to be 100% his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He denies any rift in the locker room. Yet there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

You aren't the only one whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    no surprises, here Cummins was definitely above his head here but Mo didnt make it any better by any means. He needs to get fired ASAP, dudes a cancer. At this point id say its mostly preki's team but it wouldnt hurt for it to be 100% his.

Agreed.

MUFC_Niagara

How does he still have a job? Honestly. I realize that bogus complaints exist but when these types of reports keep surfacing how does his employer not stand up and take notice? It's an embarrasment, it really is. If Mo was employed by any other organization he would be under serious scrutiny. I have nothing against MLSE but they will be making themselves look reidculous if they don't act upon this. I would assume that when he left Cummins did an exit interview and some of these issue popped up then......what happened at the time?
    Last edited by MUFC_Niagara; 04-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ just backed up the bus and ran over Mo Johnston, with an assist from Chris Cummins.

Just shows you how shady this guy is at doing business considering there seems to be no shortage of people who want to risk their own reputations to slag him publicly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto on your opinion of Brennan Whoopee ... that one doesn't sit right with me either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He strikes me as a pure company man.

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    He strikes me as a pure company man.
    Brennan is very much the 'company boy.' Mo's 'company boy.'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me this started when he took the paid Fieldturf gig in 2007.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A man has to take care of his family. His opportunities with MLSE would have declined significantly if he would have spoken out...same with Danny D. Dichio never spoke out, but he was quietly causing problems. There's a reason why the two of them are still with the club, and that's because they kept their mouths shut. I wouldn't be surprised if they cast De Rosario out of the club when he retires (assuming Mo is still there) because De Ro loves the club too much.

I don't blame players for not wanting to speak out in a virtual police "club" (like state...get it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how 'some people' said Robo and Serioux were a problem (though CC says otherwise) and Preki comes in and they're gone... I wonder what the story is behind that. I'm sure Robo has an interesting tail to tell. Sounds like Mo is running quite the shit show.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    You aren't the only one whoop.
    That's why I'm not into this whole lets glorify players stuff. At the end of the day, they're looking after only one person, themselves. Which is their right.

As for the captain you're the one that to face the music a la Sam Cronin. And as a captain, if Mo is going behind everyone's backs, Brennan should have the ability to go to someone to point this out.

And at the end of the day, part of being a captain is to be in "charge of the room". I mean even the 16 year olds I interview know that. Was Brennan that oblivious to what was going on - i.e. Mo interference to the point it caused problems in the locker room?

When Mo was screwing around with Cummins, did Brennan help out Cummins and tell Mo to stay out of the locker room? I mean if Cummins is hearing this stuff... isn't the captain hearing this as well?

As much as Mo is a weasel, the onus on the locker room rift falls on the players. Period. They're the grown men. I don't buy the Canada-US split when there were like only 4 US players on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I'm not into this whole lets glorify players stuff. At the end of the day, they're looking after only one person, themselves. Which is their right.

As for the captain you're the one that to face the music a la Sam Cronin. And as a captain, if Mo is going behind everyone's backs, Brennan should have the ability to go to someone to point this out.

And at the end of the day, part of being a captain is to be in "charge of the room". I mean even the 16 year olds I interview know that. Was Brennan that oblivious to what was going on - i.e. Mo interference to the point it caused problems in the locker room?

When Mo was screwing around with Cummins, did Brennan help out Cummins and tell Mo to stay out of the locker room? I mean if Cummins is hearing this stuff... isn't the captain hearing this as well?

As much as Mo is a weasel, the onus on the locker room rift falls on the players. Period. They're the grown men. I don't buy the Canada-US split when there were like only 4 US players on the team.
    There were 5 americans, so I can see it...

Wynne, Ibrahim, Cronin, Edwards, Barrett, Garcia...maybe somebody marginal i forgot about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No no, I completely agree.

It seems like a funny coincidence that KJ brought up the idea of a rift, former players and coach confirm them, while the 2 who deny it both work for Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed again Whoop. There was definitely a split, and it might have been some CDN's vs some US players, but I seriously doubt it was a sheer us vs them nationalistic bullshit rift.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ditto on your opinion of Brennan Whoopee ... that one doesn't sit right with me either.
    i think it's clear which side brennan is on.

- first player signed by mo.
    - same Agency as mo.
    - now is MoJo's bitch in the office.

hard to be captain when you're so tight with mgmt.

The captain is kind of like the union rep of the team.
    and MoJo is management.
    by Jimmy B and Mojo being super tight...that wouldn't sit well with players that have a real beef.
    Like wanting a bonus for playing Real Madrid...or having catering reduced...whatever the issues were.

The question is....was Jimmy B just a yes man that tried to make too many people happy...or did he know what he was doing...being a mgmt rep in a "union" position? Was Jimmy Naive or cunning?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    For me this started when he took the paid Fieldturf gig in 2007.
    Funny how this is the first time you've mentioned it in 3-1/2 years. I suppose there is something nefarious behind Freddy Ljuneberg playing on turf, as well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How many of those were starters?

And Gerba and JDG didn't join the team until later.

So out of a squad of 20+ it was 4 vs. 4?

Brennan is one of the Canadians. If as Cummins says Robbo, Dichio and Serioux (which I'm inclined to believe as I always felt it was really Danny's team) were the ones trying to keep the peace where was Brennan? It's part of his job to keep the peace.