A-men...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Mo should have been fired after the loss to NY last year
    It's starting to look like that loss wasn't such an accident? Maybe a "going away present" from CC to Mo?

Mo is a douche. It's nice that after four years, other people are starting to agree with the few of us who always saw him for what he is.

I_AM_CANADIAN

And that confirms it... Mo has got to go. Even the sub-standard teams he DOES build he then ruins by being a micro-managing asshole.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was Nick Dasovic that took the champagne out of the room not Nick Garcia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for those ragging on Gerba as being a bitter ex-player - does this interview change your opinions at all? I'm glad to hear he was giving his all last year despite being hurt, and had to be told to stop putting in extra work. Still don't think he got a fair shot this year. Can't listen to this at work but can't wait to hear it at home.

And for those who posted point form notes - thanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I was too slow to check this thread. When I tried to watch the video for myself, I got a message saying the video is no longer available for viewing.
    Thanks for the summary!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian players-US players conflict!

What was the issue about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fucks sake, can we just fire Mo already?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian Jack is on fire!!

who's next? Serioux, Robo, Carver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a shitstorm comin' for ya MO-therf*cka.............. Randy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJjM4aRniE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless MLSE are complete idiots they have to realise by now how much damage Mo is causing to the organization. It's a miracle we can get players to sign here at all with this twat in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Robbo has said since his departure from TFC that he has "shocking" news about his departure for us

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Unless MLSE are complete idiots they have to realise by now how much damage Mo is causing to the organization. It's a miracle we can get players to sign here at all with this twat in charge.
    Might want to check the spelling in your avatar

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explains why Serioux was dumped without testing his skills.
    Preki got rid of the split in the locker room by getting rid of one side of the divide.

It's outrageous what happened, with Mo interfering like he did (no reason to doubt CC here, especially when it confirms what many others have been saying about Mo).

Now it seems clear that Preki is in control, not like CC. However, there is no reason to keep Mo around.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know Mo needs to go but Cummins still didn't know what he was doing.
    Glad we have Preki now. Make it his ship and let him live or die by his own decissions.
    I disagree that Cummins didn't know what he was doing. He was thrust into a bad situation. He actually did pretty well considering he was a first time head coach. And you can say he didn't know what he was doing because it was his first time, but it's pretty clear that if he had his way, certain players wouldn't have started (Garcia anyone?). Garcia not starting in the San Jose game means we don't get scored on by ourselves and we make playoffs.

Cummins was our best coach to date (Preki judgement not included as it's far too early to make that comment) and he should have had us in playoffs were it not for Mo.

His biggest mistake was letting Mo have too much influence. And when it's your first time head coaching a first team squad, it's understandable. He expected support from Mo (the GM) and didn't get it. And he should have expected support.

I would be more than glad to have Cummins back at TFC sometime in the future.
    Last edited by TFCRegina; 04-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    Well Robbo has said since his departure from TFC that he has "shocking" news about his departure for us
    Now we know the truth (finally). Maybe Robbo will be willing now to tell his side and confirm things.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I guess I was too slow to check this thread. When I tried to watch the video for myself, I got a message saying the video is no longer available for viewing.
    Thanks for the summary!
    Link still works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    Might want to check the spelling in your avatar
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE are complete idiots

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This also explains why CC looked very good at the start, and poor near the end. At the end, Mo was coaching the team.

Cummins said he had to play 4-3-3 because he had not been provided with any wingers.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-26-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    It was Nick Dasovic that took the champagne out of the room not Nick Garcia.
    Clearly. Garcia would've dropped it.

I'm glad this stuff is finally coming to light, even though most won't be surprised Mo is the problem. If he ever goes, we're gonna be treated to some sensational rip jobs from players and management I suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Explains why Serioux was dumped without testing his skills.
    Preki got rid of the split in the locker room by getting rid of one side of the divide.

It's outrageous what happened, with Mo interfering like he did (no reason to doubt CC here, especially when it confirms what many others have been saying about Mo).

Now it seems clear that Preki is in control, not like CC. However, there is no reason to keep Mo around.
    it's time for everyone to take a stand there is nothing Mo can do to save his job. I do not care what big name player mo sign for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Guys...for those that know me and trust me in any way...then I can confirm almost everything that CC is giving us here from the player's point of view.

Which is why it was bugging me the whole "maybe Ali was the bad apple". If you guys knew Ali, you would have laughed at that immediately.

And now that you know what the true split in the locker room was, I can finally state that it's sad that a team that initially got along so well deteriorated so badly. And almost every player can attest that it either directly or indirectly led back to Mo.

What I personally didn't know is that Cummins was caught in the cross-hairs. I think I ragged on him far too much last year when so much wasn't in his hands or wasn't his fault. If I ever met him again, I will buy him a beer and personally apologize. He didn't deserve what happened to him and now I know he couldn't do much to resolve the issues there were in the locker room. The blame lies directly above him.
    Too true, early on we kept hearing stories about how closely-knit the group was. To go from that to a split into camps worthy of the best backstabbing TV show is a big problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.

First Gerba, now Cummins. If this story makes the rounds through the other sports press in the same way that the Gerba story did, how does Mo keep his job? Could this finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

This could be very embarrassing to MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooo...I wonder how DeRo and Barrett are doing today......
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

I_AM_CANADIAN

Is it just me, or does Kristian Jack seem to seamlessly switch from a Canadian accent to a British one and back again constantly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is WOW. Gotta love the age of information technology when the truth inevitably surfaces.

I met Chris Cummins at the waterfront rally last year after the Miracle in Montreal and he was a true gentleman. Unfortunately he was forced into a situation that he was obviously unprepared for with little to no authority on personnel decisions upon Carver's abrupt departure. I have no ill will towards either Carver or Cummins considering the circumstances.

I will always appreciate MoJo for his role in drafting key prospects, lobbying for a grass pitch, and bringing home the likes of DeRo and JDG. However, in light of the recent information that has become public, I don't think his dismissal can occur soon enough.

If TFC does continue to improve this season to the point of sustained success on the pitch, and I suspect they will, he deserves little credit. It is obvious that Preki is running this team on his terms without any interference from above which can only help this club moving forward.

MLSE has to realize that despite his contributions to the profit margin, MoJo will continue to be a deteriment to this club in terms of the franchise image if his contract is extended beyond this season. Perception is reality. At some point his involvement with the franchise in any capacity might deter prospective valued players and front office types from joining the organization...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-26-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in no way going to defend Mo, actually, I think it was absurd that we went through an entire pre-season with no real semblence of a squad. But that being said, CC was no sacrificial lamb hung out to dry. I heard many rumblings CC was a big part of the problem last year, and that a large faction of the players did not like him. I only met the bloke once, but he did come across as an arrogant SOB. It's never a good thing when the GM and Coach don't get along, so if that was the case, then Mo should have got rid of CC and let Daso finish out the season. I also hate these post-employment interviews, more often than not you get nothing more than shit disturbing and sour grapes (which this sounds a lot like).

I can only hope that this team continues to improve over the next few weeks, a win on the road will certainly do wonders. But the minute they look like they're going in reverse then Anselmi needs to get the cleaver out and make a quick chop of the GM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    I disagree that Cummins didn't know what he was doing. He was thrust into a bad situation. He actually did pretty well considering he was a first time head coach. And you can say he didn't know what he was doing because it was his first time, but it's pretty clear that if he had his way, certain players wouldn't have started (Garcia anyone?). Garcia not starting in the San Jose game means we don't get scored on by ourselves and we make playoffs.

Cummins was our best coach to date (Preki judgement not included as it's far too early to make that comment) and he should have had us in playoffs were it not for Mo.

His biggest mistake was letting Mo have too much influence. And when it's your first time head coaching a first team squad, it's understandable. He expected support from Mo (the GM) and didn't get it. And he should have expected support.

I would be more than glad to have Cummins back at TFC sometime in the future.
    It does cast CC in a much better light tactically. Often last year I was baffled as to his selections and the explanation appears to be that it was a Frankenstein-esque mish mash of two different persons' starting XI. I still don't think CC is a tactical genius (he doesn't have the most experience), but suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

It's easy to criticize CC (well not that anyone really is doing that right now) and say that he shouldn't have let Mo have so much influence but if you think about it, it was his first time as manager so you don't have the experience/track record to back up your decisions and Mo gave him the job so he probably wanted to be a team player and be accommodating. And before he knew it, it got out of control.

This latest interview feels like we went from: arguing Mo should be fired based on our own interpretations of what we see (and real, genuine arguments) to being floored as to how he isn't yet when the proof to our argument is delivered on a silver platter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Mo should have been fired after the loss to NY last year
    Johnston should have been fired in 2008 after the Canadian Championship failure.