Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Seems we are playing into that role really well.

I remember when we talked about the game and not the politics.
    For like three weeks in 2007...politics is this place, but the game is still the game and folks still love this team. There interviews dont matter. I mean look at reginas post, he called carver a yes man based on a preview blurb in the sun. Much like that mlsrumours story, theyve written the story and are now looking for quotes to fill it. I want mo gone as much as the next man, but only because our football team is and hasnt been prepared for four years, and that shows he is bad at his job. Dont need ex staff to tell us that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    ... or those lies were him trying to preserve the image of the club in the first place.
    I don't doubt that he had the best of intentions, but its the end result that matters.

I'm just saying. I'm not a fan of Mo by any means, but I'm tired of every day people bitching about him. Yes, sometimes the guy is a plain ol' retard. We all know that. Let's actually take the time to discuss the fact that we won a game... oh wait, when was it? I don't know because the past few days have blurred together into an anti-mo campaign with little to no discussion of OUR TEAM. You know, the reason we're all here!
    I agree, but I think we can expect more of the same as long as Mo is here. People aren't reacting to wins or losses, they're looking at the big picture and they're fed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    For like three weeks in 2007...politics is this place, but the game is still the game and folks still love this team. There interviews dont matter. I mean look at reginas post, he called carver a yes man based on a preview blurb in the sun. Much like that mlsrumours story, theyve written the story and are now looking for quotes to fill it. I want mo gone as much as the next man, but only because our football team is and hasnt been prepared for four years, and that shows he is bad at his job. Dont need ex staff to tell us that.

ZZZZZZZZZZZACTLY!

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    LET'S FOCUS ON THE REASON WE'RE ALL HERE!!!!!
    While I do agree with the concepts youre putting out there. We are here to chit chat about whatever because we are bored. We go to games to support our teams. This board isnt an extension of that for most people here. So this will continue to occur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I do not believe that for one second. If you dont think that self preservation is motivating Mo's actions then I dont know what to tell you. If Mo cared about TFC's image in any way, he would have acted with integrity, class and professionalism, and built an organization that is envied in the league. What he has built is a joke, with his muppet Jim Brennan smiling and nodding along the way.
    This organization was set-up to bring in s much short-term profit as possible by a company that didn't believe soccer would last in this city. Everything they've done shows that. They only started to invetin things like a DP, grass and s on once the money was coming in. They risked nothing and it shows.

You want to complain about an organization not being built properly, that would be great. But start at the top, not with the fall guy.

What has been built is a joke, yes, but who really built it? On Sunday Paul James gave us a gift with his article comparing Vancouver's front office and TFC and for the most part we just ignore it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    This organization was set-up to bring in s much short-term profit as possible by a company that didn't believe soccer would last in this city. Everything they've done shows that. They only started to invetin things like a DP, grass and s on once the money was coming in. They risked nothing and it shows.

You want to complain about an organization not being built properly, that would be great. But start at the top, not with the fall guy.

What has been built is a joke, yes, but who really built it? On Sunday Paul James gave us a gift with his article comparing Vancouver's front office and TFC and for the most part we just ignore it.
    I hear you but we cant fire the owners, the best we can do is influence a decision where TFC has football and business leadership that is isolated from MLSE as much as possible. However, in reality its the exact opposite, TFC is very much part of MLSE and its other properties, managed in the same way and rewarded for the same outcomes. I also believe that MLSE employees get rewarded based on overall performance of MLSE properties...so not sure this will ever happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sure we can't fire the owners, but we don't have to give them the easy out. We don't have to simply accept that they did everything right except they put the wrong guy in charge an then be happy when he's fred and someone else gets put in the same situation.

It would be nice if these owners would come clean with us and say, yeah, we did it on the cheap we should have spent more upfront. But they won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ppl can talk about what is negative about a club as easily as they can talk about what is positive, even at the same time. a human being is capable of many emotions/thoughts at once. if we werent, A.I. would have been invented long ago.

i come here, post in the threads that pique my interest.. those involve the game discussion/player rating threads, and threads such as these. they are both thought provoking threads and should have no effect on how i cheer on the team during the 90 mins (well maybe the game discussions do as i watch for certain key tactical ideas others point out).

i really think the kind of engagement shown by supporters in this thread is what makes a club and their supporters great. it shows they care enough about the club to do so.. it might be different from how another person goes about showing their support, but its still supporting TFC itself which is more than a front office and a roster of players and coaches, its a badge. in the end, you support the crest and the shirt, and the fan next to u.. that's what really makes a team, everything else just comes and goes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    that bbim talk we had had me thinking more....

we are worse than women at the hair salon right now with all this gossip talk.

We are supporters first and its our job to cheer the boys on the field.

When the time is right we will do what we need to do...right now, news is just being made public.

The team is on a crucial set of games for so early int eh season and lets see how they do.
    Well, I think we're more than merely cheerleaders. I think you're right that all people can do is wait and see for now. But there are serious concerns with how this club was or is managed, what's happened before and questions about what may be going on now. Yeah I suppose you might call it gossip but I suppose gossip is usually rooted in some fact. Hopefully things aren't as bad as they appear from stuff coming out over the last while.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Times Carver on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    Yet another former TFC member coming out.
    Whos next?
    Pablo Vitti - "Mauricio Johnston es un mentiroso y muy estupido, un mono sin testiculos podria hacer un mejor trabajo"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so, when is this interview... 6:30 on Sun TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    Pablo Vitti - "Mauricio Johnston es un mentiroso y muy estupido, un mono sin testiculos podria hacer un mejor trabajo"
    I can't speak spanish, but my understanding of french makes me think that a stupid monkey without testicles could do a better job than MoJo? Or Mo is stupid and a monkey without testicles could do a better job?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    so, when is this interview... 6:30 on Sun TV?
    He cancelled.

Ives is carrying the interview whenever he puts it up.

http://twitter.com/grillroom

Wheeler has been told John Carver will speak to Ives Galarcep today. Carver is NOT on the Grill Room. Wheeler has the day off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Isn't Ives a buddy of Mo's?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Yes. Expect either a defense of First Wave/Mo or nothing at all.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I can't speak spanish, but my understanding of french makes me think that a stupid monkey without testicles could do a better job than MoJo? Or Mo is stupid and a monkey without testicles could do a better job?
    "Maurice Johnston is a liar and very stupid, a monkey without testicles could do a better job"

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ If a monkey WITHOUT testicles can do a better job... does that mean that Mo is doing better than a monkey WITH testicles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I was close !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still not clear. Will Carver be on the Grill Room? He is confirmed, and then he isn't, and then Wheeler won't be there.... what's the deal?

"Take the MO out of BMO, and just leave us B."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SoccerByIves
    Carver discusses recent comments made by former TFCers Chris Cummins + Ali Gerba, his working relationship with Mo Johnston, & Kenny Cooper

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraincloudFilms View Post

"Take the MO out of BMO, and just leave us B."
    I like this.
    Support Local Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Mo & Ives are tight. Ives will do anything to keep Mo on his good side. Expect a fluff piece (i.e. the clowns covering the team on GOL TV).

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, don't you call Andi a clown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    while i do agree this is a huge deal and needs to be handled, we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. For all we know Mo's days are numbered. Lets see how this pans out...till then, feel assured that there is a member debate on this and any course of action will start from there. I encourage discussion about this, but to consume the past couple days after a huge win and amazing on field performance is a bit.....i dunno....sad
    Just curious, are you at all in any form, on the MLSE dole?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://twitter.com/soccerbyives

I will post the John Carver interview tonight. Need to transcribe and head over to RBNY-Philly. Will try to Tweet some quotes shortly.
    about 2 hours ago via web
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering who set up this interview. Was it Mo (TFC) or the papers? Since Gareth Wheeler wasn't available, it falls to Ives that fast? Convenient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    This is your stock response any time anyone dares to disagree with you on anything related to MLSE or their sports franchises. They are either "drinking the koolaid", or "on the MLSE dole".

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens