Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The "fair weather " fans

I don't get it...
    At no point today did we consider not going cos of the forecast.

Yes, there were traffic issues today and the ground was maybe quarter full at KO, but well past HT I'd say actual attendance today was no higher than 14,000 (announced at 18,000plus).
    To those that stayed home.....You missed the best damned team performance I have seen at BMO..hope you had a nice warm afternoon in front of the telly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stayed home because I'm having serious vision problems, and took the week off work as a result. I've spent most of the past 5-6 days sitting in the dark or wearing sunglasses indoors because light hurts my eyes, and only since yesterday have I really been able to watch television or use a computer for more than an hour or so.

So yes, I watched the game on television.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eye Infection, Scott?

I myself went through the same thing last week. Worst 2 weeks of my life......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lakeshore.... WTF

plus these parade clowns?

I was stopped in front of the entrance to Parking for 5 mins (on top of already being late) because this parade goof in front of me was trying to plead the fact he had no $ for parking... HELLO! DO YOU NOT SEE THE $12 PARKING SIGNS? I JUST SPENT 30 MINS CREEPING UP THE LAKESHORE BECAUSE OF YOUR PEEPS AND NOW THIS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I stayed home because I'm having serious vision problems, and took the week off work as a result. I've spent most of the past 5-6 days sitting in the dark or wearing sunglasses indoors because light hurts my eyes, and only since yesterday have I really been able to watch television or use a computer for more than an hour or so.

- Scott
    hope you get better soon, Scott.

My dig is PURELY at those who can't face getting a bit wet and cold to follow their team.
    No offense intended to those who couldn't attend for any reason other than weather-related.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was 18,000

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Eye Infection, Scott?

I myself went through the same thing last week. Worst 2 weeks of my life......
    I hope so, but I don't see an optometrist until tomorrow to know for sure. I take medication for high blood pressure, so I'm worried it may be related to that.

The fact that it has improved a bit in the past couple of days has me hopeful that it was just an infection of some sort.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I love this team, but if I went today I would fail my class. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices, I guess..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you blame people really for not coming? It wasn't just the weather, I mean even team management admitted that as far as they're concerned they were still in the preseason....nobody saw today coming.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    Sorry to hear that, feel better soon...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Sunday games. Glad we are done with them for the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    I don't get it...

Yes, there were traffic issues today and the ground was maybe quarter full at KO, but well past HT I'd say actual attendance today was no higher than 14,000 (announced at 18,000plus).
    To those that stayed home.....You missed the best damned team performance I have seen at BMO..hope you had a nice warm afternoon in front of the telly.
    I completely agree! It was barely even raining in the second half. Great performance by the TFC boys! Didn't that wet grass look lovely?! Some previously criticised players really stepped it up today. Well done to all concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it...

18,000 on a shitty day, with nothing but negative press surrounding the team is an excellent crowd...

What's your thought on the Blue Jays drawing 10,000 in a Dome where weather doesn't matter...???

You'll always, ALWAYS get no shows... Not everyone skipped due to weather... On any given day, people don't show - on bad weather days, sure there's more...

We won 2-nil and played great - be happy...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    +1...

HATE Sunday games...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post

you hate a lot of things. I've got no problem with sunday games, or 2:00 kickoffs, or rain.

sometimes life happens and people have to miss games. no biggie. but if they missed this one, it was their loss.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    18,000 on a shitty day, with nothing but negative press surrounding the team is an excellent crowd...

What's your thought on the Blue Jays drawing 10,000 in a Dome where weather doesn't matter...???

You'll always, ALWAYS get no shows... Not everyone skipped due to weather... On any given day, people don't show - on bad weather days, sure there's more...

We won 2-nil and played great - be happy...

Carts...
    I am very happy and have posted very positive stuff in the post game thread. The team was fantastic, the football good quality...

I was merely trying to make a point that many chose to stay away due to the weather. I know there are always no shows for a variety of perfectly valid reasons, but if there were not 18000 people in there today- more like 14-15...even the south stand was sparse.

just sayin, and certainly not trying to start a fight on a rare happy day for us all!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dad didn't make it out today because he threw his back out, but I was in 112 instead of my regular 115 today and had a blast.

Rain games always seem like a good time

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rainy, cold days just make the people who were there appreciate the win more.

That's life.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Detroit. Exam tomorrow. Still was plotting was to make it to Toronto and back, and driving back with a bit of a beer buzz.

FML.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Lakeshore.... WTF

plus these parade clowns?

I was stopped in front of the entrance to Parking for 5 mins (on top of already being late) because this parade goof in front of me was trying to plead the fact he had no $ for parking... HELLO! DO YOU NOT SEE THE $12 PARKING SIGNS? I JUST SPENT 30 MINS CREEPING UP THE LAKESHORE BECAUSE OF YOUR PEEPS AND NOW THIS!!!
    Foresight you goof. You should've taken public transit.

AND WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS DOES NOT MAKE YOUR POINT MORE VALID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    rainy, cold days just make the people who were there appreciate the win more.

That's life.
    very true!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it...

Catching glimpses on CBC of the mostly empty stadium at KO was extremely disappointing. I knew the issues (traffic, DVP) and I knew it was going to fill up but I was still disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who cares if people did not come they missed 2 goals and a tfc victory. Yea we would love to see a full stadium but whatever it still sounded good, so the right fans were there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that kind of disappoints me isn't the empty seats at kickoff - because as has been mentioned, it usually fills out after a while. What's disappointing, is seeing the empty seats as the game is winding down. When we are behind by a goal with eight minutes to play, you should be yelling your ass off to carry your team to victory, not looking to beat everyone else to the parking lot. If we are ahead by a goal or two, you should stay to applaud your team for the performance.

- Scott

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Calgary, about two provinces and the Canadian Shield in the way. Sorry.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that kind of disappoints me isn't the empty seats at kickoff - because as has been mentioned, it usually fills out after a while. What's disappointing, is seeing the empty seats as the game is winding down. When we are behind by a goal with eight minutes to play, you should be yelling your ass off to carry your team to victory, not looking to beat everyone else to the parking lot. If we are ahead by a goal or two, you should stay to applaud your team for the performance.

- Scott
    This is why GO Transit needs to be talked to. Immediately.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    This is why MLSE needs to look at the Go transit schedule or just hope fans no the schedule and take the early train to the game.

And suck it up at the end, wait for the next one!! Seriously Go Transit is slowly buying the line just paid millions for 8 miles of the Oakville sub, once we own the track it will be easier to work around. Now we have to deal with CN/Via. CN are not the best people to deal with.
    Last edited by Bloor West FC; 04-25-2010 at 06:10 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Bloor FC said.

There are far more people travelling on the GO on any given day than there are seats at BMO Field. If anyone should be adjusting their schedule, it's the club.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    Hope you feel better soon.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Calgary, about two provinces and the Canadian Shield in the way. Sorry.
    Nobody asked you to dig a tunnel ,dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    There are far more people travelling on the GO on any given day than there are seats at BMO Field. If anyone should be adjusting their schedule, it's the club.
    I'm also curious who thought it would be a great idea to have the Sikh kalsa parade at the same time down at the Ex grounds.