Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody wrote about the Cummins interview?
    NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keem-o-sabi View Post
    being discussed in the Cummins interview thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22126&page=5
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-27-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    And to add to that - as if it wasn't obvious already by this point in time ...

GO QUIETLY OR LOUDLY: IT'S JOHNSTON'S CHOICE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    ^

jloome: there's no question imho what he'll do.

Mo doesn't quit, he makes people quit. They'll have to take him out feet first.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    jloome: there's no question imho what he'll do.

Mo doesn't quit, he makes people quit. They'll have to take him out feet first.
    Yeah, you're probably right. It was one of those "inject some sense into the debate" columns, but he doesn't strike me as having the long-term vision.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    ^

Dear lord, Jeremy hit one out of the park with this one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed Ladies 1 and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@grillroom
    CONFIRMED - John Carver will speak tomorrow, addressing Chris Cummins criticism of Mo Johnston and #TFC. http://bit.ly/airIpb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    @grillroom
    CONFIRMED - John Carver will speak tomorrow, addressing Chris Cummins criticism of Mo Johnston and #TFC. http://bit.ly/airIpb
    WOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    WOW!
    Today's Sun says he will speak in support of the Shmo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Today's Sun says he will speak in support of the Shmo.
    link? I've been looking for that and can't find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm in love!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goal.com MLS rankings stated it best...

11. Toronto FC – Will the drama ever stop at TFC? Another week of scandal will offer unnecessary distractions ahead of an already formidable trip to Real Salt Lake. (14)

It's very unfortunate that the positive headlines regarding TFC's recent improvement, DeRo's Player Of The Week honor, and the upcoming Nutrilite Canadian Championship are being completely overshadowed by all the negative publicity surrounding the Chris Cummins Interview and MLSR reports of an investigation of TFC fan misbehavior.

I hope that after John Carver's interview today we can all get back to focusing on the club on the pitch regardless of MLSE's reaction. I'm glad that the truth has surfaced regarding last season's politics but in all honesty, I wish Cummins had spoken out in the offseason. The unecessary drama is getting ridiculous at an important juncture of the season...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

I hope that after John Carver's interview today we can all get back to focusing on the club on the pitch regardless of MLSE's reaction.
    I doubt it.

(1) lawsuit
    (2) Possible Robbo interview.

The soap opera will continue to air for months.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Carver and Cummins wanted to pull the knives out, then last year was the time to do it. There's a distinct possibility that we might be starting to gell as a side and the last thing we need are gripes from ex-employees.

If either of them really give a shit about the club, they'd reconsider at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    If Carver and Cummins wanted to pull the knives out, then last year was the time to do it. There's a distinct possibility that we might be starting to gell as a side and the last thing we need are gripes from ex-employees.

If either of them really give a shit about the club, they'd reconsider at this point.
    Agreed...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we hear anything from Robinson until he's out of the league.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I don't think we hear anything from Robinson until he's out of the league.

Robinson has played this all very well.
    He doesn't have to open his mouth and risk MLS 'punishment',
    but it seems pretty clear that some reporters know exactly
    what questions to ask and of whom. Very crafty.

ps. Robbo, if you read this - I still want that Jersey I won in the bet.
    You'll always be on my 'TFC legends 11'
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Robinson has played this all very well.
    He doesn't have to open his mouth and risk MLS 'punishment',
    but it seems pretty clear that some reporters know exactly
    what questions to ask and of whom. Very crafty.
    It seems a bit "conspiracy theorist-ish," but it could be true.

OTOH KJ is great at getting to the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i disagree completely. They should by all means talk now and get the air, and all that Mos with it, cleared - immediately. As it stands it sounds like they were muzzled before and now can speak. I also think Gerba's interview was part of the catalyst for the flood. Maybe Carver and Cummins wanted to shower, disinfect and just move on but now as 1 speaks, then 2, then 3 one feels compelled. either way it needs to come out so we can move forward after using a lot of Javex and clean up the house - i don't want a team surrounded by shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i disagree completely. They should by all means talk now and get the air, and all that Mos with it, cleared - immediately. As it stands it sounds like they were muzzled before and now can speak. I also think Gerba's interview was part of the catalyst for the flood. Maybe Carver and Cummins wanted to shower, disinfect and just move on but now as 1 speaks, then 2, then 3 one feels compelled. either way it needs to come out so we can move forward after using a lot of Javex and clean up the house - i don't want a team surrounded by shit.
    I understand your sentiment and agree in principle, but the timing is way off. At what cost do supporters need to feel vindicated? The season has started and the focus should be on the results on the pitch. I would rather TFC achieve success on the pitch, even if it means Mo retains his job until the end of the season rather than watch this shitstorm cause an ongoing distraction and have a negative impact on our team.

As previously mentioned, realistically, MoJo is not going to be fired because of interviews with disgruntled former employees. MoJo will be judged based on the results on the pitch whether we agree or not and his contract status will most likely be evaluated at the end of the season. Given that probability, I couldn't care less what happens to Mo for the time being if TFC becomes a winning club...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your sentiment and agree in principle, but the timing is way off. At what cost do supporters need to feel vindicated? The season has started and the focus should be on the results on the pitch. I would rather TFC achieve success on the pitch, even if it means Mo retains his job until the end of the season rather than watch this shitstorm cause an ongoing distraction and have a negative impact on our team.

As previously mentioned, realistically, MoJo is not going to be fired because of interviews with disgruntled former employees. MoJo will be judged based on the results on the pitch whether we agree or not and his contract status will most likely be evaluated at the end of the season. Given that probability, I couldn't care less what happens to Mo for the time being if TFC becomes a winning club...
    That's not entirely true. Anselmi was clear at the end of last season that from the very start of TFC they'd given Mo a lot more jobs than just the team on the pitch. It was a complete start-up from scratch, remember, and Anselmi said they were looking at all of that.

Maybe this year, now that Anselmi has admitted they're no longer an expansion team, they'll be more concerned about the results, but it really seems like the plans and the goals from the very start of this team were a lot different than we tought they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, realistically there's every possibility of him being fired because of interviews with former employees. It depends how many speak up and what they say. Given the combination of a) his performance and b) the ongoing statements suggesting he is duplicitous, I wouldn't be surprised if this latest fiasco was the eventual nail in his coffin.

Typically, though, the team would wait until things have died down a bit once again, so that it didn't look like it was making decisions based on pressure from others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Actually, realistically there's every possibility of him being fired because of interviews with former employees. It depends how many speak up and what they say. Given the combination of a) his performance and b) the ongoing statements suggesting he is duplicitous, I wouldn't be surprised if this latest fiasco was the eventual nail in his coffin.

Typically, though, the team would wait until things have died down a bit once again, so that it didn't look like it was making decisions based on pressure from others.

A lot of it would depend on what the team asked him to do and how much of it he did. How much the team knew about this "duplicitiousness," and how much they of it they supported.

And really, no one with a family to support is going to quit a job if their boss still supports them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about this. They aren't saying anything bad about the club, but about one man. Mo. Nothing to do with a coach or any players. In fact, the players who WERE here last year, on either side of the split, would probably welcome the revealing of the true cause of the problems.

Plus the danger of not doing it now is if the team DOES keep going and playing well (which hopefully they will), then Mo's job will be saved, which will do further, potentially lasting damage to the club. This way the club can win AND Mo can go. What TFC supporter can't get behind that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely disagree.

Taking into considerations the fact that 1) they were probably in the middle of buyout negotiations when they announced their departure and 2) you need someone to ask the questions before you answer them, I believe this was Chris' first opportunity to speak out. We are in no position to demand when a person tells us the truth, only that he eventually does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DUDE you completely missed the point...
    The reason why are they doing this... its not because of some benefit to them... It;s because of us. Because PEOPLE ASK THEM TO! It`s not like Carver has been nocking at the doors of major soccer journalist in toronto to get the talk about how awful is MO...
    LAst year would be the WORST time to do it... Because people would not believe them... people would think that they are just saying stuff to cause shit... and to stir things up. SO yea i think the journalists wanted to ask questions ( eve right after they left) but they weren;t ready to talk... and rightly so because of what i said above. Now whatever they say no body can say that it;s because of being pissed off because they left or whatever... They got their own things going on now. Why would everyone bash Mo if it wasn;t in fact true.
    let me interate if once again! this interviews are the results of continuos questionable desicion by Mo in the last couple of years... and reporters trying to get to the bottom of it by asking opinion of people involved with TFC and Mo in the past...