View Poll Results: Does TFC have potential this year?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like what I see from these players they will get better

32 17.39%
  • No - Not a chance

80 43.48%
  • Maybe - I'll give it a few more games

72 39.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Every single team in MLS thats a contender, has 5 key players;

1. 1 solid GK : Check

2. At least 1 quality defender making a minimum of $300K. If your guys are willing to accept $100K, you know what you're getting. Fail

3. At least 1 good solid MF and we have 2: Check x 2

4. At least 1 good striker making a minum of $450K. Once again, if your guys are willing to accept 100K/per year, you know they're not quality. Fail

5. A second striker. San Jose, Columbus, NYRB, Galaxy, Dynamo, Revolution, Fire.

What do they have in common???

Success: Check.
    Winning records: Check.
    Since when, in this league, does salary dictate quality?

Edson Buddle has 7 goals in 4 games....and makes under $180k. Conor Casey, 3 goals in 4 games and 16 last year, $200k on the nose. Javier Morales, 3 goals in 3 games, $150k. Fredy Montero, 12 goals last year, $155k. Sebastien Le Toux, 3 goals in 3 games, $100k...

All these guys are making less than half (and in the case of Le Toux, less than 25%) of what you're suggesting the pricetag for a "quality" striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto great off field...Pathetic on field.

I protest. No more going to games. No more buying merchandises. No more GOL TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the potential to finish dead last for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 players will make the difference,Creative midfielder,goal scorer unfortunately MO has not got a clue what these words mean so we have to defend alot better with what we have if we get a 1-0 result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    2 players will make the difference,Creative midfielder,goal scorer unfortunately MO has not got a clue what these words mean so we have to defend alot better with what we have if we get a 1-0 result.
    And a left back, a right back, another central defender (atleast one for depth) some wingers would be helpful too

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect, the team isn't just DeRo and (occasionally) JDG. You also have to consider Attakora, Frei, Ibrahim, and many others. Absolutely I think we have good potential in the roster as-is, however, it's going to take a great coach to build a competitive team.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... dunno if they have potential but they can only get better. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Brooker. There are still plenty of games in the season. Lets give the guys a chance.

I hope none of the players lurk on here. They may get a shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer to this pole in my opinion is no. The line de jour from management is that we've got a younger team now. That's great, unfortunately despite a lot of these being young very few have the potential to be special. Most are just going to be career MLS grinders at best.

There are lots of young players with potential in MLS. The good ones show you a flash of brilliance every once in the while. We rarely see that from guys on our team who are prematurely being labeled the future. I don't just say that because of what they did here, but also what they did with their previous teams.

I see things getting much worse before they get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talking about potential.. been watching philly lately. And they are playing some pretty good soccer. And although they haven;t been very fortunate with the results...(a lot of goltending and defensive f-ups). They show some very promissing futbol. The goal against us I gotta admit was pretty nice... they know how to move the ball.. and if you give them a few more games i think they'll be a very difficult team to beat for any team in our league...I don;t see them showing the "expansion excuse"...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted "not a chance"... no reason to explain why, we all know those...
    Maybe next year, when at least 2 more real value players are added to the squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I'll be straight up - I've not been the most fervent TFC follower, though I do bleed red and white. I don't think that TFC will be playoff contenders this year. Not having gotten rid of Barrett (Or, as I'm fond of calling him, "Short Bus"), or Nick "The Fearsome Pylon" Garcia, in addition to the other, sizeable holes in the lineup, it seems that we'll be spinning our wheels for a while.

Mind you, it's not these players themselves who are the problem - They are the symptoms of a greater problem. Remember, you can't spell problem without "Mo"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think after what i saw in todays match we played the best starting 11 that we have... i think with the continued hard work by the players we have potential to get into this playoffs this season... but we still need a few additions to the squad.... and only time will tell...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballcanada View Post
    Toronto great off field...Pathetic on field.

I protest. No more going to games. No more buying merchandises. No more GOL TV.
    I do not buy anything at bmo field from year 1 & I cancel goltv last year. This year I'm not wearing any tfc merch to any mls games.
    The only time I will wear tfc merch is for the montreal and van games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW. I was shocked to see only 31% Yes. Does nobody see the play that's happening from the back line to the middle third, and the creative sparks starting uptop? It's a completely different system then what's been deployed thus far. Shame on you "No/Maybe" people...