View Poll Results: If Toronto makes the playoffs, do you want Mo fired?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

179 81.36%
  • No

13 5.91%
  • Depends on how deep the club makes it

28 12.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    If Toronto makes the playoffs, do you still want Mo gone?
    umm.. you do realize by now that Mo just pulled that five year plan pile of horseshit out of his ass from the beginning, right?

of course his lying, stupid ass should be shitcanned

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we win everything this year sure Mo can finish his 5yr plan. He'd have done it in the worst possible way but the would've done what he promised. It would also look terrible on the league that such a team could turn around and win it all.

This thread is dreamy.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OUCH!!! 80% of the ppl want mo out regardless if we make the play offs... I HOPE mlsintoronto sees this poll and passes it on to the upper management...

I mean if this is not a consensus i am not sure what is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kozak, dont forget this is one supporters group who represents a small amount of the people who buy the tickets, its a consensus of a small amount of people, a vocal group but a small group none the less

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    OUCH!!! 80% of the ppl want mo out regardless if we make the play offs... I HOPE mlsintoronto sees this poll and passes it on to the upper management...

I mean if this is not a consensus i am not sure what is...
    and I'm sure most "depends on..." votes were only based on the most unrealistic of scenarios, I know mine was.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears there is nothing that can be done for the club for him to win back the fan base. I think onus has to be on the players to perform and often they have sulked and not done what was needed to win. Its tough to blame it on the manager, he brought in a ton of really popular players.

I hope TFC turns it around and wins the MLS cup....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope TFC turns it around and wins the MLS cup....
    I hope so too. I also hope that I win the lottery, marry a super model and discover the cure for cancer, but I ain't betting on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I hope so too. I also hope that I win the lottery, marry a super model and discover the cure for cancer, but I ain't betting on it.

I guess then the best thing to do is be miserable. For me, doom and gloom is not going to be apart of the very short time I get to spent as a supporter in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo Johnston = Snake Oil Salesman

How Mo's message to fans has not changed in six months and why he reminds me of the "salesman" character on Family Guy.

http://www.tfcpics.com

__________________________________________________ _________

Mo Johnston = Snake Oil Salesman

You all need to read the latest missive from TFC director of Soccer Mo Johnston. Here's the link:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/799055--johnston-asks-tfc-fans-for-patience

After reading the article from The Toronto Star, penned by reporter Daniel Girard, I got to thinking of who TFC Director of Soccer reminded me of....

And after some thinking I decided that he reminded me of the greasy/brazen salesman on Family Guy. You know him! He's the guy who can sell Peter Grifffin just about anything with a slick presentation and doublespeak in episode after episode. And Peter just keeps falling for it!

But Mo, you need to realize that you can't sell us the same bill of goods anymore. We are not Peter Griffin!

The player turnover in the past few weeks and months he blamed in the article on the hiring of a new coach and of course the MLS labour negotiations going so late into the pre-season. That rings very hollow to many fans considering that no other MLS team (operating under the same restrictions as TFC are by the way) had nearly as much turnover and instability during the off-season as Toronto had. Not even close. He claimed that the Ali Gerba release was mis-handled by the club. Have to agree with you there Mo.

Mo was quoted by Girard as follows: "...We’re trying to build a strong, young core group of players here…We’ve got a new coach and we’re looking for a squad that balances experience and youth… That plan’s still (the) same..Do we wish we had another win or two? Of course. But we’re on track...”

He ended the interview with this message to the fans: “…Try to be patient. We all want the same thing you do, to win…”

Almost six months since TFC's horrible outing in New York to end the 2009 season and the messages from Mo ring as hollow today as they did then when he sent an email to TFC season ticket holders apologizing for the loss last October and speaking of his plans for 2010. I thought it would be an excellent idea to look at what was said six months ago as a comparison.

"...We head into next season with a strong core of players as we continue towards building for long term success. We already have plenty to look forward to including a full season with Julian de Guzman and a grass pitch being installed at BMO Field. My focus in the next few months will be on strengthening the squad at a few select positions, preparing for the SuperDraft and also getting the right man to lead the team..."

Six months on and the message is still the same...

A few " select positions" becomes 8 players out and 12 players in during our continuing "pre-season" and , if you can believe it, we hear today that there is yet another triallist practicing with the club. Unbelieveable.

Ben Knight, in his excellent "Onward Soccer" blog stated yesterday that in his mind Mo Johnston has lost the faith of the journalists in Toronto that cover the club. If that is true then they were the last people in Toronto to still believe what he has to say.
    Last edited by bgnewf; 04-22-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason your post made me think of this:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked up a Big Soccer thread from back in 2006 when they announced Mo as the head coach...

" I'm a bit surprised that MoJo was such an easy choice for Toronto. Not much experience as an Asst. Coach (or even as a head coach). He evidently interviewed poorly with Dallas and then his TFKAM team this year (in terms of talent acquisition, man management and tactics) was bad--just bad. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach but it seems like Toronto was in the tank for him--that they found him to be a really easy, obvious choice and his track record would seem to indicate otherwise."

“Actually theres more to the story. Toronto interviewed Mo before he was even fired. There is evidence that RB fired him for going to the interview (and his team's performance didn't help).”

“My condolences to Toronto and Good luck on your second head coaching hire.”

"Johnson was a bad coach by any reasonable standard. His leash may indeed have been short, but interviewing for another gig when you should be preparing for an important game has to be viewed as a slap in the face to the team and fans. That this guy still gets sympathy for being fired is mystifying."

"Seriously though, Toronto fans are in for some serious snoozeball. Losing is a given for any expansion club i just hope these two don't alienate any potential fans by boring them to tears, with the product on the pitch."

" I wonder if MLSE is playing off the Canadian public's sympathies for Scotland?"

"I can't think of any other reason why they would bring in MoJo as the club's first coach with his questionable record."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha yeah, I think he's beyond patience with the group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I looked up a Big Soccer thread from back in 2006 when they announced Mo as the head coach...

" I'm a bit surprised that MoJo was such an easy choice for Toronto. Not much experience as an Asst. Coach (or even as a head coach). He evidently interviewed poorly with Dallas and then his TFKAM team this year (in terms of talent acquisition, man management and tactics) was bad--just bad. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach but it seems like Toronto was in the tank for him--that they found him to be a really easy, obvious choice and his track record would seem to indicate otherwise."

What this really shows is that Mo was in over his head form the very beginning. Why? Why didn't this organization do like Vancouver and hire a CEO for their soccer department with lots of experience AND a coach. Why did MLSE hand all these jobs to one guy with so little experience?

Sure, everybody wants Mo gone for good reasons, but more questions should be asked about how this was allowed to happen and how it was allowed to go on for so long. It's not like this was anexpansion team put together by people with no experience running a sports team - they had to have known this wouldn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuckin stupid ass Mo just ruined a good song for me.
    Last edited by fetajr; 04-22-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a name recognizable from the Uk diaspora in Canada would be the only reason I can think of why MoJo was signed.

I still think if he makes it into the playoffs he wont get fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Like The Wind.. Useless Piece Of Crap I Have Ever Seen.. There No Honesty In This Guy So Let It Be Said Seeee Yaaaa Mooooo.. Thanks For Almost 5 Years Of Garbage...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    What this really shows is that Mo was in over his head form the very beginning. Why? Why didn't this organization do like Vancouver and hire a CEO for their soccer department with lots of experience AND a coach. Why did MLSE hand all these jobs to one guy with so little experience?

Sure, everybody wants Mo gone for good reasons, but more questions should be asked about how this was allowed to happen and how it was allowed to go on for so long. It's not like this was anexpansion team put together by people with no experience running a sports team - they had to have known this wouldn't work.
    The league bosses have picked all the sports operations people here since JFJ/Babcock. The suits at MLSE have no independent view.

It was widely reported/speculated that Garber/Abbott/Gazidis orchestrated the Mo hire. Why, I have no idea, but it may have to do with First Wave, and the fact that Mo still was being paid by the Red Bulls at the time.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The league bosses have picked all the sports operations people here since JFJ/Babcock. The suits at MLSE have no independent view.

Yes, and that's just sad. True, but sad. Might as well have given the franchise to the city with some kind of community ownership like the Green Bay Packers and Saskatchewan Roughriders -- avoid the middleman of MLSE entirely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE are cheap bastards man the salary cap in this league is like 2.5 mil u fill the stadium every game, they sell tons of beer, food, merchandise, they are one of the only teams to make a profit and are one of the richest sports organizations in the world...So here is my questions players your have a cap so you cant buy anybody you want, there is no cap on GM and coach signing so why not go big? your not gonna get fergi or anything but money talks I am sure you can get a quality coach/manager.....also am I the only one who thinks with Carver(assuming he wa given full control of the team on the field) last year we woulda made the playoffs?

Also how can MLSE not see this guy has brought in more players then probably every team in the league combined in 4 years like fuck lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo Must Go

Yes.
    And don't let the door hit you on the way out...

(Thanks for the memories Danny)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd #1 View Post
    MLSE are cheap bastards man the salary cap in this league is like 2.5 mil u fill the stadium every game, they sell tons of beer, food, merchandise, they are one of the only teams to make a profit and are one of the richest sports organizations in the world...So here is my questions players your have a cap so you cant buy anybody you want, there is no cap on GM and coach signing so why not go big? your not gonna get fergi or anything but money talks I am sure you can get a quality coach/manager.....also am I the only one who thinks with Carver(assuming he wa given full control of the team on the field) last year we woulda made the playoffs?

Also how can MLSE not see this guy has brought in more players then probably every team in the league combined in 4 years like fuck lol
    yes sir, you are the only one. Carver was a mind-blowingly arrogant morron.

And the ony one who is more arrogant is MO, for thinking that he acould manage the unmanageable.. Mo goes.. Must go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo could win the fcuking world cup with this team and I'd still want him gone...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a name recognizable from the Uk diaspora in Canada would be the only reason I can think of why MoJo was signed.

I still think if he makes it into the playoffs he wont get fired.

Totally agree. Southern Ontario has a very large scottish population (im part of it) and Mo back in Scotland is well know for playing for both sides of the Old Firm (Rangers and Celtic). Two biggest teams in Scotland make up for a lot of the scottish football fanbase in Canada.

IMO Mo only got the job because he would be a name recognizable to many British-Canadians, and he played the game.

However, why he has KEPT the job is beyond me.

I understand hiring him on as a coach for the first season of a new team, however how he got to where he is is well beyond me.

I think we'll not only need to make the playoffs, but have to get to the MLS final to have any hope of him retaining his job.

Its time we bring is someone who has experience, meaning not only do they have to have a large knowledge of how to run a football team but also how the MLS works and hopefully experience that is accompanied by sucsess...until then I think it is dark days for TFC.

And anything we DO win, will be due to Perki, because Mo has failed before and now we finally have a coach with a lot of experience.

Bottom line....unless we not only make the playoffs, but do well, Mo will be gone, but regardless he SHOULD be gone.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE....time to leave it Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am kind of wondering who in the world those few are that think "NO", he should stay.

I think if the question was "if we win the cup, should he stay?" then I might understannd some "YEs's", but...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can click and find out who voted no.

I did vote no, I think if we make the playoffs, he should be able to finish out year five and then we should be a top contender. Seattle did a lot in their first year and it pisses me off they got Ljundberg and we got Welsh, they got Sigi and we just now got Preki. MoJo has made some mistakes. However, last season the players bailed on the final game, shitting the bed in a 5-0 loss. I put that on them, that is theirs to wear. I think we are short two wingers of being that club. That being said, I expect a lot better play from us going forward. I see a lot more battle in our lineup and if we ever put that together for 90+ minutes we are a top five club. Seattle is going to be a big test for us. We have a young club with a lot of upside going forward with or without Mo at the helm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read through this whole thread but I was thinking what would this year be like if we had made the playoffs last year. Wouldn't we have had to blow up the team anyway because of all the allocation money we needed? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my impression that Mo bet the farm on the playoffs last year and lost. And even if he had gotten this team in we'd still be shit this year... what kind of plan is that?! This guy has no clue he needs to be gone ASAP, that is as soon as MLSE finds someone who's quality to replace him. IMO this team is rotting from the top down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ We would have had 300K less allocation money than we do now LOL. We may actually have had to buy out Garcia and sign one less player than we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like every year mo waits until preseason is basically over before bringing in the bulk of new players. it screws over alot of the stuff they worked on. and he has done this every year. so yeah, id say he should go regardless of where we finish up at the end of the year