Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    LMAO

But I have to agree with BR there. They shouldn't be learning as they go... especially with sporting related off the field issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think that they think that they have that guy in MoJo...and none of them know better to realize that they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    ^ I think that they think that they have that guy in MoJo...and none of them know better to realize that they don't.

How little regard have they ever had for TFC that they've given it so little support? How many teams put one guy with so little experience in charge of that much? He may not have been the right guy, but no "right guy" would have accepted that job. They couldn't have brought in a CEO like Vancouver did with that guy from Tottenham?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think that there's a disconnect - stemming from the fact that no one in MLSE (beyond MoJo) knows anything at all about the game. They probably don't think that they've given TFC little support. They have two means of messuring success - results on the pitch and profits generated. Clearly they know that results haven't come our way, but I'm betting that the massive profits generated have bought a lot of patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ What do you mean by a disconnect? This company's main business is running sports teams. Off the field that's pretty much the same for all sports, they should know how to do it. If there's a "disconnect" it's intentional. Well, I suppose they put JF Jr., in charge of the hockey team and thought he was experienced enough to handle it, so maybe it's not so much a disconnect as a "disregard." It seems that no one higher than GM is ever worried about how crappy a job they do.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Mexico View Post
    From what I understand of the story from what I've read and heard in the interview Gerba was told by email from Preki the night before he left, and that the first flight out of Carolina was at 5am and he was on it.

So it wasn't decided at 5am after an all night meeting....
    Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    ^ What do you mean by a disconnect? This company's main business is running sports teams. Off the field that's pretty much the same for all sports, they should know how to do it. If there's a "disconnect" it's intentional. Well, I suppose they put JF Jr., in charge of the hockey team and thought he was experienced enough to handle it, so maybe it's not so much a disconnect as a "disregard." It seems that no one higher than GM is ever worried about how crappy a job they do.
    Because the only guys higher than the GM, are the executives that collectively comprise "the owner". The highest level you ever see held accountable in almost any sports team scenario, is the GM/President.

When the owner hires a GM who does a shit job, you don't see the owner fire himself. You see the GM get the axe.

These executives are the people who fulfill the role of the owner, on behalf of the pension fund, and CTV, and whoever else has a stake in ownership of MLSE.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gerba is shedding light on what everyone already knew, I really like Kristen Jack and he seems like a guy in the know from listening to the footyshow and so on....This interview worries me because we have all seen it for 3 years...Dicho getting pushed out, Brennen getting pushed out, players do not look happy. How are we in our 3rd rebuild in 4 years it is ridiculous. Nobody gets a fair chance on this team, Buddle, cunningham both have proven they can score tons of goals, cunningham wasnt terrible here, buddle had nothing around him and needed time to develop something u dont get in toronto....wynne is an athlete and is better then what we replaced him with, he could have been made a winger....i may get hated for this but i would have kept rickets he wasnt amazing but he was a winger something tfc has never really had....also in any sport you cannot blame a player if he does not live up to what he makes he gets his contract from the manager(MO).....

also the thing about tactics has to be true because deguzman said the same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think MLSE knows nothing about the game and MO has tricked them into thinking he is great....his best move and only accomplishment was developing and getting some cash for Mo Edu, we can always say he started here

p.s. does anyone think the wall of honour was part of Brennan's assistant manager contract..."I wont talk about the team negatively if you make a wall for me" lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ali Tells No Lies

this interview is worth a listen again...it's all so clear now

Here is the link to the interview
    http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...ith-ali-gerba/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    this interview is worth a listen again...it's all so clear now

Here is the link to the interview
    http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...ith-ali-gerba/

holy CRAP. It's like looking in to a crystal ball.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for re-posting the Ali G piece. I gained a whole new level of respect for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who doesn't know why firing Preki was the right decision ought to re-listen to this interview. From Jimmy's retirement, Ali's comments, DeRo & JDG's comments to TSN today, the massive player management; firing Preki was absolutely the right decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali G named USSF player of the month August 2010
    http://www.ussoccer.com/News/USSF-D2...the-Month.aspx

Mo & Preki fucked up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still not sure that Ali Gerba would have excelled here regardless of the coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed...Gerba is a poacher who needs the ball fed to his feet in the box....NOBODY currently on TFC could deliver that ball to him...and Gerba has continually shown that he's far too lazy to work for his goals....glad to see him gone....he's proven to be a cancer wherever he's palyed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AG is a Jeff Cunningham type player. Plays well when in a good mood, checks out otherwise. Meh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont need anything from Gerba. Happy to have him come, happy to see him leave. Disappointed in him to be honest.

The guys didnt like training hard is what I am hearing a lot of. Gerba can come enjoy a pie with me in the stands or play in Division 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I dont need anything from Gerba. Happy to have him come, happy to see him leave. Disappointed in him to be honest.
    But disappointed how J? In my opinion he was injured and they knew it and wasn't actually really given a chance......I don't like the fact that he apparently isn't a good trainer, but he wasn't really even given a chance to play on a regular basis......so in my opinion the jury is still out on whether he would have done anything for us or not
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    ^ Agreed...Gerba is a poacher who needs the ball fed to his feet in the box....NOBODY currently on TFC could deliver that ball to him...and Gerba has continually shown that he's far too lazy to work for his goals....glad to see him gone....he's proven to be a cancer wherever he's palyed...
    This is exactly what we're seeing with Mista now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    .....so in my opinion the jury is still out on whether he would have done anything for us or not

and that jury will stay out, as will never get to know the verdict.

It's a big 'What If...?'

Personally, I don't like how the whole thing went down, and would have liked to give him a fair chance to either succeed or fail by his own efforts. What is clear (now more than ever) is that he was a victim of factors well beyond the ones he brought with him.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\