Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Robbo has some backhanded comments on twitter all the time.
    but that's not having balls. Gerba comes out and says exactly what he thinks. Robbo just hides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    robinson probably has a lot more to say, and it could do more damage to his career.
    Robinson is still playing in the MLS, gerba is not.
    His career is almost over. Why would speaking out against Mo hurt his career?

Gerba could be worse off -- coming out against an MLS team could blackball him for playing in MLS again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Gerba!

Free Ali!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

he is still playing in the MLS, and revealing 'secrets' form inside a club could label him as a rat and a cry baby, which is not something you want hanging over you. If he did a tell all expose, then it would get back to his current manager/coach/team mates who would have to judge him on it. Sure many would understand (sutton, boyens) but some would not.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He took some risk. Kudos to him for being honest.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    LOL CSA is worried about TFC? Worry about your fucking National team and your own goddamn organization first! LOL
    You missed the point of the comment completely. yes the CSA could and should run their shop better. But it just goes to show you how truly fucked this is even if the grand mama of all fucked up organizations feel TFC is worrisome. Also, if I do recall, the CSA was looking for input from MLSE in many aspects and more club involvement at the national level. Maybe this gets them to rethink that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    I think Ali Gerba is one of the most honest footballers. I really dont think he said any of this out of spite, more just fact.

Ali tells you how it is, plain and simple. He never minces words he's just honest.

The truth is I was really upset when they let him go. I think he had something to contribute if he had been given the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    he is still playing in the MLS, and revealing 'secrets' form inside a club could label him as a rat and a cry baby, which is not something you want hanging over you. If he did a tell all expose, then it would get back to his current manager/coach/team mates who would have to judge him on it. Sure many would understand (sutton, boyens) but some would not.

I would agree if he was speaking of a "normal" MLS club...everyone knows how screwed up this team is, and generally speaking everyone knows the rep that MoJo carries. Our team is in shambles right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if MLSE would do anything about this, they may think its just a disgruntled employee. But I am sure MLS is taking note and also other players in the MLS. If more ex-players come out with stuff like this, who would really want to come play here?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo Johnston is the problem?

Stop the fucking presses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am concenred if there has been no discussion of tactics what exactly is Preki doing?

I have always thought that Montreal and Vancouver are better then us as teams, tacticaly, we are more tallented, but they are way better organized, that is why we do so poorely, against them. I never undestood why there is not talk about bringing in a USL coaching staff in here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba could be worse off -- coming out against an MLS team could blackball him for playing in MLS again.
    I think it's an acceptable risk. Ali will simply go back to Europe. I don't think he wanted to play for anyone else in MLS other than Toronto (or Montreal).

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Mo Johnston is part of the problem?

Stop the fucking presses!
    Fixed your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am suprised that Montreal has not signed him, I expected him to be playing against us on May 12.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope most regional and national media get a hold of this for more exposure of MoJo's stupidity.

Fire Mo!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have always thought that Montreal and Vancouver are better then us as teams, tacticaly, we are more tallented, but they are way better organized, that is why we do so poorely, against them.
    and if there's any doubt about that, just look at how well Montreal did in Concacaf in 2008.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- the fans deserve butter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit. The rot in this organization can't get much deeper, can it?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It is what it is" - Ali Gerba speaking directly to Kevvv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally a player says what's happening. Gerba has balls. Robinson never had the balls to say exactly what's happening.

Interesting that Gerba says MLSE and the office people are great. But he focuses on Mo and Preki only.
    Prob cuz he thinks he might get a job back with TFC if Mo and Prekster ever get the boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Prob cuz he thinks he might get a job back with TFC if Mo and Prekster ever get the boot.
    I don't think he's lying tho just in case he can get a job back someday.
    I've heard the office people at TFC are great. Even Marvell and Mo Edu have come back to "say hello" to the office people like Paul Beirne.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Robbo has said he would reveal more at a later date about how exactly he was treated. He's got his own reasons for not saying stuff sooner I guess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep...the front office people outside of Mo's department have very good relations with the players. All of them are big supporters of the club and work their tails off for the players.

All of that effort is undone by Mo's tactics and Preki's obstinance. Everyone else can be the greatest co-workers on the planet, but when the guy who manages you every day and the guy who determines your contract status are less than trustworthy...it can't be overcome.

Players are simply not happy here and it is translating on to the pitch. That falls squarely on Mo and Preki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Love Julius James View Post
    I'll break it down for you if you cunts support my blog: www.juliusjames.blogspot.com

- CSA is worried about what's going on TFC

You know you're mismanaged when...

Thanks for the recap LLJJ - can't wait to watch it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Yep...the front office people outside of Mo's department have very good relations with the players. All of them are big supporters of the club and work their tails off for the players.

All of that effort is undone by Mo's tactics and Preki's obstinance. Everyone else can be the greatest co-workers on the planet, but when the guy who manages you every day and the guy who determines your contract status are less than trustworthy...it can't be overcome.

Players are simply not happy here and it is translating on to the pitch. That falls squarely on Mo and Preki.

QFT.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    I would agree if he was speaking of a "normal" MLS club...everyone knows how screwed up this team is, and generally speaking everyone knows the rep that MoJo carries. Our team is in shambles right now.

Many MLS clubs have gone through periods of being screwed up - that may be "normal" for MLS. Or maybe it was and the league is getting better. TFC seems to be going in the wrong direction.

While it's good to hear a guy who was inside speaking out, it would entirely undermine the ownership if they made a change in GM or coach now - it would be admitting years of mistakes and accepting the word of a guy who was fired. Of course the guy who wasn't wanted on the field is going to say the people who made that decision can't make correct decisions - he may very well be right but how can anyone act on that now?

What effect is it going to have if the team keeps getting ex-players like Brennan and Dichio into the front office? Will they be able to change the attitude of the organization, or will they be co-opted into it? You can't blame them for not saying anything and for supporting the management - they need the jobs - but it will have a long-term effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this interview just supports everything ppl have been complaining about mo/preki.

i found it scary that preki wasn't working on tactics.. i mean.. u can see it on the field, but i was at least hoping it was the players failing to execute it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised by any of that. TFC is currently playing as if they have no plan (which is what Ali said, no tactics were drilled at all) and as if they are not enjoying their time here. They play with their heads down, as if they can't wait to just get the game over with. I think it all leads back to a lack of respect for Preki and Mo. Preki probably came in with a "now here is how it's gonna be" attitude, and when some players questioned him, he made examples out of them. The problem is, now the remaining players are feel like they have nothing to play for. They're going through the motions, but don't seem to be alive out there.

I would also bet that Brennan originally thought Preki would lighten up a little after preseason, but after he was the same person, Brennan decided he wasn't enjoying playing anymore on this team, and chose to move upstairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo needs to go now not at the end of the season. Mlse is the king of mismanaged team's

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    this interview just supports everything ppl have been complaining about mo/preki.

i found it scary that preki wasn't working on tactics.. i mean.. u can see it on the field, but i was at least hoping it was the players failing to execute it.

This reminds of year 1.

Hey...we have a team! Wait a sec...does Mo know anything about tactics? Because the players look like they have no idea what they are doing out there.

What we have here is Mo part deux.