Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess i always choose country over club. I think De Ro and Julian should be there to provide experience to the younger guys against a very talented side(no matter who argentina names). Nana should be there to gain some more international experience.

Obviously De Ro has proven that he still has it and still belongs in the mix for 2014 qualifying. And you never know what the CSA is going to do next, so the team should start thinking about gelling right away to gain some momentum going into the first qualification game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer if Will Johnson went instead of DeRosario. At least he doesnt quit on his team.

-------------------------------------Wagenaar-----------------------------------
    -------------------------------------Hirschfeld-----------------------------------
    -------------------------------------Monsalve------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stalteri--------------Jakovic------------------------McKenna-------------Klukowski
    Attakora-------------D.Bassi------------------------Hainault----------------Straith
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------Bernier--------------DeGuzman------------Hutchinson---------------
    --------------Peters---------------Simpson---------------DeJong-----------------
    Huime-------------------------------------------------------------Nakajima-Farran
    S.Jackson--------------------------------------------------------------W.Johnson
    ------------------------------------Friend----------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------Ocean---------------------------------------

On The Bubble: David Edgar(CB), David Hoilett(FW), Jacob Lensky(MF), Jonathan DeGuzman(MF),
    Shaun Saiko(MF), Adam Street(GK), Roberto Stillo(GK)
    Last edited by [NBF]; 04-18-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I am sure DeRo and JDG want to play against Argentina and they're willing to miss couple of TFC games.

This is a big game and a good showing from Canada will improve Canada's soccer image in Canada assuming this game is going to be on TV.
    Dero said himself he wants to play in the Argentina match - while missing "as little time as possible" in the one-on-one with Gerry Dobson...

I suspect Dero & JDG will ship out for the Argentina match, and come home without playing in the 2nd friendly on the trip...

Kind of a compromise between CSA & TFC...

Yes, they miss matches, and could get hurt, but the experience of playing Argentina, in Argentina should be given to the lads who have earned it...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I suspect Dero & JDG will ship out for the Argentina match, and come home without playing in the 2nd friendly on the trip...

Kind of a compromise between CSA & TFC...

Yes, they miss matches ...
    Why do they need to miss matches? They can play our Saturday afternoon game, and still be in Buenos Aires on Sunday. Tired, sure ... they don't need to miss any of our matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Why do they need to miss matches? They can play our Saturday afternoon game, and still be in Buenos Aires on Sunday. Tired, sure ... they don't need to miss any of our matches.
    You know what, I agree - they don't "need" to miss, I just think they will b/c Preki will be all pissy and sit them etc...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I think it's selfish to suggest that our players shouldn't go. Like someone else said, let's just fold the national team. All people do around here is bitch about how the CSA doesn't get Canada good opposition to play against, now they do and they want to fold the game so our players don't get hurt? ridicolous. Club should NEVER be allowed to stop a player from playing for his country.
    I think there is a fine line here. Yes, they need the experince, and no we as a country should not throw in the towel. No way.

Club before country never when it means something. BUt this is a meangless match, and depending on who plays and how they play, could be an abosolute embarassement. Let's please remember that in a country like Argentina, Football is verything to most. It afffects politics

And for anyone who has never taken the Direct to BS.AS., FYI -It's nothing like 5 hours to LA. It's a killer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    I think there is a fine line here. Yes, they need the experince, and no we as a country should not throw in the towel. No way.

Club before country never when it means something. BUt this is a meangless match, and depending on who plays and how they play, could be an abosolute embarassement. Let's please remember that in a country like Argentina, Football is verything to most. It afffects politics

And for anyone who has never taken the Direct to BS.AS., FYI -It's nothing like 5 hours to LA. It's a killer.
    I think every international should be meaningful to a country always on the outside looking in when it comes to World Cups.

Not only do they need to assess their young talent, but they have to gel as a team to gain some momentum going into the next round of qualifying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know whether argentina will play their starters, although it will definitely be their wc squad.

Maradona did not want to play this game because he wants his players to rest but its too late now. it should be a great experience for Canada