Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All Hail Adrian Cann!

i think he deserves his own thread, he did a great job out there last night, he looked extremely comfortable on the ball, especially considering it was his first game, he seems really nervous in his interviews but on the field he oozes confidence, even better my heart rate doesn't skyrocket when he has the ball at his feet the way it would when garcia touched the ball, I think we finally have ourselves a proper center back

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he had a decent start, against a 10 man expansion team. that's about as excited as i can get right now, I'd need to see him more before anointing him our cb saviour.

good game last night though, so well done to him for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really notice Cann.

That's a good thing.

That means he wasn't fucking up royally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adrian Cann did an amazing job (considering who he replaced!) and I for one have been a fan of his for a long time. If you watch his TFCTV interviews, he's genuinely happy to be here, to the point where a 30 year old man giggled like a schoolgirl when asked how he felt about playing in front of his hometown.

Can't wait to get a Cann jersey!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CANN IS DA MANN, thats got banner written all over it.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWEET CAN. SWEET CAN. SW-SW-SW-SWEET CAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was decent - you could tell he was focused on doing what our other CB's haven't been able to do - switch the ball quickly to the flanks, beat their strikers in the air, etc..

Nana had a poor game....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was definately a monster in the air for us at the back. Before last night, I didn't realize how tall he actually was. He did well with the ball at his feet too. Much more composed then the little midget Garcia. I look forward to seeing more of the Cann/Attakora CB partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    Was decent - you could tell he was focused on doing what our other CB's haven't been able to do - switch the ball quickly to the flanks, beat their strikers in the air, etc..

Nana had a poor game....
    How did Nana have a poor game? He formed a good partnership with Adrian, they communicated and switched very well. The only goal was due to a mental lapse by Gargan. They both defended well. Adrian outshone Nana, but not because Nana had a poor game. They were both solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then we agreed then ... our DP has to be unequivocally a DP striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did look a little nervous at the start, but gained more confidence as the match progressed. I guess we intimidate even our own at times...lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The presence that both Nana and Cann had in the air was something I've never seen from this club. I like!

MUFC_Niagara

Cann had a good game yesterday. However, i'll reserve judgement until after we play quality opposition. He is definitely an upgrade and I hope this means the end of Garcia.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had a real hard time figuring out who was who on the pitch. I didn't notice a lot of fuck ups in the back. So that was good. Their formation wasn't too horrible. Hopefully he's the reason why.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    The only goal was due to a mental lapse by Gargan. They both defended well.
    Usinov, no? Besides, it was a very nice play from Philly, with a perfect timed run and a great pass.

As for Cann, although I am not ready to "hail" him yet, he had a very solid outing for us. If he keeps it up I will be very happy...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, Usanov was the one to blame on Philly's goal.

Cann was decent, but not earth shattering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Usinov, no? Besides, it was a very nice play from Philly, with a perfect timed run and a great pass.

As for Cann, although I am not ready to "hail" him yet, he had a very solid outing for us. If he keeps it up I will be very happy...
    Yeah it was Usanov, my bad. But still, point being, defence was solid all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was good in the air, but when the ball was on either Nana or his feet it was wasted by a ball hoofed 20 yards down field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann was decent, he certainly wasn't GREAT. This is the opposite of teh sky is falling reaction. Guy comes in, isn't tested at all, has a decent game against an expansion team with 10 men and he's getting all kinds of praise. Just like I gave Hscanovic another shot after watching the worst performance by any TFC left back EVER I'm not ready to praise Cann until I see more. He's good in the air, but he can't pass all that well, that's all I can say after watching 1 game. Colorado will be a big test for him and Nana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Yeah, Usanov was the one to blame on Philly's goal.

Cann was decent, but not earth shattering.

Usanov, was the one that should have been there. So ultimatley it was his mistake BUT the entire team was way to far to the left. Therefore, he was pulled to that side by the shape of the team. We did that a couple of times, were our formation was to bunched up on one side or the other of the pitch.

Cann had a decent game, but neither him nor Attakora were challanged. I like the paring, I like Cann's size, and I hope strenght that comes with it, and he seems positionaly sound. BUT it is one game. I like what I saw from the whole team BUT we are not perfect.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Liked what I saw, want to see more.

Can't complain, but not over the moon, either.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He gave an very candid interview following the match. Seems ecstatic to be with the club, which I love to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Usanov, was the one that should have been there. So ultimatley it was his mistake BUT the entire team was way to far to the left. Therefore, he was pulled to that side by the shape of the team. We did that a couple of times, were our formation was to bunched up on one side or the other of the pitch.
    I agree.

I don't think you can single out any one person to blame on the philly goal. This is not hockey. Some more than others sure. But ultimately it's everyone fault as Preki said. Bottom line is that it was a beautifully orchestrated goal by philly. I give full marks to Philly and Torres in particular on that goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's google translation of his Esbjerg player profile:

Adrian Cann was at training camps in Esbjerg in January 2008. He left a good impression and was brought to Denmark from Vancouver Whitecaps in the second-best North American league. Adrian is originally from Canada.
    30 January 2008 he made his debut on the Canadian national team in a friendly match. He was in 2007 named the year's defensive player.
    Adrian is a physically strong player and with his 190 cm fills he also good in space. He is quick and shoots well with both feet. He has an aggressive outreach and playing style.

Defence player has taken his fiancée to Denmark. Whether it is her or his old teammates who gave him the nickname Peaches, Smiley and Dirty, he reports nothing about.
    Adrian out with Barcelona, but it's not their stadium, he likes most. San Sero in the Italian city of Milan is better.
    Adrian is happy to cook and he takes a piece of life before each match. - For him it is a peanut butter and jam sandwich. His favorite quote is by James Dean.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today".
    If not Adrian was footballer, he would in his own be movie star, or something else where he can use his body and flourish physically.
    - I devote myself to the club and organization
    Seems like an interesting guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I am gald Preki pointed it out. It is like a domino if the LB is to far, then the LCB follows, and then the RCB is to far, and ultimatley the LB is too far off. Keeping shape is a team thing, for the most part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    He gave an very candid interview following the match. Seems ecstatic to be with the club, which I love to see.
    He seems like a big oaf...but he did his job competently, so I'm pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does deliver fantastic interviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ I am gald Preki pointed it out. It is like a domino if the LB is to far, then the LCB follows, and then the RCB is to far, and ultimatley the LB is too far off. Keeping shape is a team thing, for the most part.
    Absolutely !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was pretty happy with his performance, i expect to see better and more in the future

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

trane, Preki on the goal.

Preki was furious at the late lapse. “We fell asleep,” he said. “We were soft on the goal. We were just watching. (Harvey) caught us by surprise. That should never happen.