Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    In the 2004 season the Sens made a rule that if someone wanted to wear a Leafs sweater to the then-named Corel Centre, they had to donate an item of canned food, which had the added advantage of making Leafs fans look evil and un-charitable if they didn't comply. So it's not unheard of.
    first i've heard of that, being to a few sens/leafs games and all
    yeah and i'm pretty sure from what i saw; boris saw even less of the game then i did, and i was drumming
    say the word boris, and i'll get a flaming scooter on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem, I was coming just when the roster was being announced on the P.A, the security told me I can't enter the stadium from gate 3, So i just walked to another person in gate 3 and as soon as the security girl saw me she ran to ask another security guard if I was allowed in by this time my ticket was checked and I just ran to my seat. .

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Sorry TFC, but if I were you, I would have just let people do what they want. Protests burn themselves out without opposition, but if you give them an enemy, they merely gain steam.

and imagine if the dissatisfied fans of the raptors and the leafs happened to see our side of things?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I didn't say my concern was team support (although I care about that). It has to do with effectiveness.

Rolling out anti-Mo banners right now (particularly when the team is winning) is ineffective and ruins your credibility.

Do you protest for the sake of protest, because it makes you feel better, or do you protest for results?

A protest later in the season if the team does poorly could spur Anselmi to get rid of Mo (he might be leaning that way already if there's no playoff $$$). If you protest all year long, Anselmi will say "Oh it's just those malcontents" and ignore the message.
    Its very true. Running on a hamster-wheel isn't productive or conducive to getting results. Protest when your words will mean the most and have the most impact. If we protests with regularity then, 1. we'll look like idiots and 2. nobody will take heed to what we say.

People need to calm down with all the protest talk and see whats best for the group, not just what they feel like doing at that current moment.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I just have to say, this is potentially a very bad and shortsighted move by the club. The problem is, in this day and age, the attempt to silence dissent only ever ends in intensifying it (look up the Streisand effect on wiki). Fans holding up signs saying they don't like their GM is, quite frankly (sorry guys) boring, and happens all the time. But, a club stopping fans from holding up signs is much more interesting to the league, and world, at large, and so has a much greater chance of getting much more attention (and since attention these days doesn't rely on traditional media, MLSE has no power over it).

Sorry TFC, but if I were you, I would have just let people do what they want. Protests burn themselves out without opposition, but if you give them an enemy, they merely gain steam.
    Exactly.

Just don't give us a reason to "criticize" and most people won't.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post

People need to calm down with all the protest talk and see whats best for the group, not just what they feel like doing at that current moment.
    +1, well said.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    wait.... what?
    I think we need a clear update on what is / is not allowed on a banner. if they tell us in advance that some messaging is not allowed thats reasonable (to me at least). if they make up these rules the night of the game, then its kinda bullshit for people like the OP who took the time and effort to make the two-stick and wanted to voice his opinion.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No one is talking about protests... just about the right to criticize if we want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    No one is talking about protests... just about the right to criticize if we want to.
    I hear you, being critical is a right with paid entry. Just want to set the line about protesting, as some people feel the two are intertwined.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Big Win for NEE.
    WEll done lads.

ME and another person, just poked our flags through the gate and walked in and grabbed them.

Sorry Paul
    They were the ones we got made the red checkered "t"

Will they let us store our flags at BMO?
    That's being "Creative" Techo good job, as far NEE goes premature protest but hey are all about protests lately anyway.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the calm down thing.

1. Are you saying we should calm down because you think Mo's 5 year plan is working and the future is bright?

2. Are you saying calm down because you think some essentially non offensive flags were seized is acceptable?

3. Are you saying calm down because you will take part in a fully commited Mo must go protest 20 games into this season if TFC is not solidly in a playoff spot?

I can wait til #3, but I'm not waiting forever.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I don't get the calm down thing.
    No, He is saying go to Member forum and vent there.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I didn't say my concern was team support (although I care about that). It has to do with effectiveness.

Rolling out anti-Mo banners right now (particularly when the team is winning) is ineffective and ruins your credibility.

Do you protest for the sake of protest, because it makes you feel better, or do you protest for results?

A protest later in the season if the team does poorly could spur Anselmi to get rid of Mo (he might be leaning that way already if there's no playoff $$$). If you protest all year long, Anselmi will say "Oh it's just those malcontents" and ignore the message.
    I don't want to get into the whole why we should or shouldn't protest against Mo. The timing of this banner isn't what's being discussed. I'm sure I could start a thread and it would be 500 pages of why we should start rolling out the message. But that is not the issue.

The issue is this message is banned from BMO. Whether you or I think the timing is right or not doesn't matter here. it's about censorship IMO

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are three main issues:

1 ) our feelings on Mo (and this isn't the thread for it)

2 ) having our banners subject to approval, which is a new thing, and a bad thing

3 ) the inconsistent, unnanounced, and poorly run entry policy into BMO.

See gunnerken's post again.
    Dude had hip surgery, and is told that his red and white checkered flag had to be taken to the other side of BMO for approval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    No, He is saying go to Member forum and vent there.
    Exactly. +1

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If they want to do a check a) let us know and b) do it at gate 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    nothing wil be done?
    i was on the phone all game and sending emails now to fix this issue and get to the bottom of it. strong statements....let me just say that....
    You've known about these new rules since March 31st so i don't know why this comes as a complete shock to your members.

I_AM_CANADIAN

ill update people as we get info.....
    weve been on this since last night...during the game
    Good to hear.

I agree with what Whoopee said above, it's about the right to criticize if we want. Anti-Mo banners are neither profane nor offensive in nature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are three main issues:

1 ) our feelings on Mo (and this isn't the thread for it)

2 ) having our banners subject to approval, which is a new thing, and a bad thing

3 ) the inconsistent, unnanounced, and poorly run entry policy into BMO.

See gunnerken's post again.
    Dude had hip surgery, and is told that his red and white checkered flag had to be taken to the other side of BMO for approval.
    Definitely. We need to know if the BMO security intends for this to be a precedent and, if so, clear rules on the issue, not some haphazard BS made up on the spot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You've known about these new rules since March 31st so i don't know why this comes as a complete shock to your members.

find it on the official TFC website?

Isn't gate policy the kind of thing that the team should be announcing?
    the supporters groups don't control the gates, so it's not really our issue to post the rules.

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ I had a look this morning and saw nothing about it. Not sure who was told about this...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you watch it

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ Was that after they lost 6-1 to us? I remember reading at the time that they left the stands empty for the first half in protest over the team, in their opinion, giving up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man your NEE site must be really slow,there is more NEE members on this forum posting in last 12 hrs than ever before.What's the deal?Bored?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way it was explained was how RPB did things.
    we would meet FO before the game to set up.

we werent told of having banners checked
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'm guessing your job doesn't take place in a big public coliseum.

- Scott
    BMO Field is not a public coliseum. Even with a ticket they can kick you out whenever they want. When we chant "this is our house", really, its TFC's house. You can walk in there and tell them to fire MO.

Also tonight wasn't the night for this. NEE displayed their MOJO banners right after the go ahead goal. I thought that kind of took away from the celebration of the goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

find it on the official TFC website?

Isn't gate policy the kind of thing that the team should be announcing?
    the supporters groups don't control the gates, so it's not really our issue to post the rules.
    I don't dispute they should have announced it on their own website and through emails/various other channels...but don't feign ignorance like this information was not relayed weeks ago. I personally believe there is a responsibility to relay any pertinent information to the members of my SG and to try and resolve conflict that may arise which is what we had been trying to do over the past few weeks via back and forth emails.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take this piss elsewhere, it's not your place to tell US what we do and do not know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    BMO Field is not a public coliseum. Even with a ticket they can kick you out whenever they want. When we chant "this is our house", really, its TFC's house. You can walk in there and tell them to fire MO.

Also tonight wasn't the night for this. NEE displayed their MOJO banners right after the go ahead goal. I thought that kind of took away from the celebration of the goal.
    Especially since Mo was the one who brought De Ro in. For a bargain too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way it was explained was how RPB did things.
    we would meet FO before the game to set up.

we werent told of having banners checked
    I don't want to get into a public dispute and i apologize in advance but i was in the same room as you and yes, everything was supposed to be checked...from flags to banners to overheads. I will say that MLSE needs to be more consistent in their policy. Some of the people in the room didn't even know of this policy change and the rules are still not completely concrete. I've never seen them written down so it's hard to gauge what is the actual policy without potentially having them change their word to suit their needs.