RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Nigel Reed-It's fan-tastic to watch !

It's fan-tastic to watch

When it comes to job satisfaction I reckon mine is hard to beat. Who would have thought when I came to Canada four years ago I could make a living talking about soccer? At the time it didn’t even cross my mind.
    I mean think about it – I actually get paid for covering a sport which was in my blood probably before I could string together a coherent sentence. I get the best seat in the house with arguably the most spectacular view from any broadcast booth in North America. I get fed and watered and I don’t have to fight the traffic to be at my desk at 9.00am sharp on Monday morning.
    I am treated with respect by my co-workers in a friendly but professional atmosphere and I get to work with some of the best producers and directors in the business. The evolution of the game as a professional sport in Canada has been astounding and I am immensely proud and grateful for the opportunities that have come my way.
    Truly, there is no downside to my working life. Well, alright there’s one – I can’t just be a fan. I’ve always firmly believed that to do my job you first have to be a fan. You have to feel what the fans feel to be able to relate to them and interpret the game in a way that complements the pictures rather than conflicts with them.

Read more
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice read.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He must have been in the prawny section - he left his seat before the goal went in. LOL
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

west stand eh... sounds like somewhere around 126/127/226/227... couldn't be 127, if he was in 127 we'd have seen him

or in those luxury boxes probably...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good read!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent stuff, it lifted my spirits during an otherwise tough day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comment left to nigel was..Great Stuff nigel!!..Im still holding you too having The Soccer Show Live on location at the home of the redpatchboys Shoeless JOe's!!!

Wouldnt that be awsom!

I discussed with him last season at joes.....His face lit up with the thoughts of it!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WALK ON NIGEL!

So glad we dont have to listen tothe ramblings (during play I might add) of SHEP MESSING of NYRB. . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love having a real fan as a play-by-play announcer...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta love nigel reed, hes classic.

on his voice profile website he pitches his voice as:
    "Most British regional accents - from London cockney, through rustic Cornishman, to Yorkshire farmer, plus Python-esque "female" characters. Can also deliver credible North American and Australian dialects"

I think someone has to convince him to do a whole TFC game in a python-esque female voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we gotta find out the next time Sportsnet's doing a weekend game, and bring Nigel into the southend