View Poll Results: Which player is Mo asking for?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rolfe

49 45.79%
  • Barrett

15 14.02%
  • Mapp

28 26.17%
  • Nyarko

5 4.67%
  • Other

10 9.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post

Conde's contract is up after this year and will leave to either NYRB or abroad. If this was the deal it would be done already. Mapp doesn't fit the mold as he is a winger and we have real quality at this position. For those of you who haven't watched this guy, he has talent and speed. The problem is he is constantly injured and plays like a complete homosexual. He dives like crazy and vary rarely does he finish. We already have better wingers than him. Conde and Mapp make 160K a piece
    bwahahahahaaaahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Aright, if that's true than so be it. I just get easily annoyed when people chirp Shep Messing and Extra-time when I don't think they have a good reason to.
    I did edit my post to explain a bit better and to be fair, I wouldn't punch him in the mouth... just say I don't have a watch

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS...

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS.
    I am not so sure that we could to anything to pry away Cooper from Dallas based on his decent strike rate and age. However... did anyone else notice that the FCD page has David Monsalve listed on their roster? Funny cause he was on the pitch warming up last Sat before the COL game... hmm... MLSNet glitch perhaps?? Perhaps not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    Idid anyone else notice that the FCD page has David Monsalve listed on their roster? Funny cause he was on the pitch warming up last Sat before the COL game... hmm... MLSNet glitch perhaps?? Perhaps not...
    He’s a league emergency keeper. It think he’s mainly based with Toronto, but been with a few other teams this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to catch this in replay (stored on-line or something)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett or Soumare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Soumare, but we have depth at D, we gave up Phelan for a draft pick. And why would they be so reluctant to give him up?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyarko, draft picks and allocation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    I was thinking Soumare, but we have depth at D, we gave up Phelan for a draft pick. And why would they be so reluctant to give him up?
    He’s played in the midfield as well as holding player, maybe a long term replacement for Edu. He’s basically a starter for them and he still has Gen. Adidas status - I can see why they wouldn’t want to give him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did notice he was able to play Mid. too, kind of big for that, 6'4. But again, why would we give up Phelan and now try and get the same type of player, and its hard to imagine Chicago being so stingy, unless Mo is asking for a bunch of picks/allocation.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Aright, if that's true than so be it. I just get easily annoyed when people chirp Shep Messing and Extra-time when I don't think they have a good reason to.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS...

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY

COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS.

I think it would be really hard to get Cooper away from FCD... he is also American so pheraps he isnt even interested playing in Canada.

At least if we got Cooper he wouldn't have to worry about Marshall braking his legs again... unless of course in practise

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps we could ask if we can get Stuey Holden from Houston...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it's Frankowski and the big holdup is waiting to see if he's going to be fit enough to play? I only suggest it because he's been capped for Poland and played in Europe most of his career, which means Mo and Carver's contacts probably know about him.

Plus, he was supposed to be the major striker for Chicago this year and hasn't really panned out due to injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    I think its Rolfe

I say bring him in.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too think it may be Rolfe. Like it's been said before, he's young, he can play mid and striker, he can create plays and get the ball to the forwards or take it himself. This makes him very dangerous to opposing teams. He would just add to our arsenal without upending the squad. Here's the kicker for me. Rolfe is from Kettering, OH...where I live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its Calen Carr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's Rolfe.

Something else may need to go from TFC to Chicago to get this done, Rolfe is a seriously valuable asset (young, relatively cheap, very nice strike rate, good but not quite good enough to be an obvious European transfer).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Only said Soumare if Edu really leaves, which he wont. So Barrett.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    LOL i would laugh if that happened. All San Jose would need is Andy Welsh and Collin Samuel to complete the team!
    Welsh is available! (released from Blackpool) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/7388504.stm
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Is there any way to catch this in replay (stored on-line or something)?
    It's on the mlsnet site:

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 player and cash I bet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's on the mlsnet site:

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/
    I couldn't find the Mo Johnson segment on the MLS site. I think that MLS extra time and GolTV extra time are different shows. Anyone know where I can find an archive of Mo on GolTV Extra Time?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangersandmash View Post
    I couldn't find the Mo Johnson segment on the MLS site. I think that MLS extra time and GolTV extra time are different shows. Anyone know where I can find an archive of Mo on GolTV Extra Time?
    I missed the Gol TV Extra Time show too..just caught the very end..it's called 'MoJo Unplugged'. I sent them an e-mail asking if I can see an online archive of it.. I'll send the link if they ever respond.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=TFC OZZ;53924]
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggingscot View Post
    I'd rather he score it with another team, he's a petulant self centered cunt![/quote]

please, please don't start
    Start what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign Rolfe ... Release Cunny?!? Hmmmmm ...

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago's really got their nuts in a vice. It's tough to justify giving up the present AND future for just the present. There's no argument that McBride is a bonafide player at a high level of soccer, but how much time does he have left in him? Is he going to be injury prone due to age?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Rolfe doesnt want to come here (and most of them usually dont) then the point is moot. He'll play like shit till we trade him back to the states.

I dont like that a team can swap players without consent, and it's the kind of thing that's going to make players coming in from abroad, think again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes wonder after seeing all of the Chicago whining about having to give something up for McBride if they really wanted him in the first place. Sure they woud take him if they only had to give up a draft pick or something, but having to give up a front line starter has put them in a little bit of a difficult situation.

I have a feeling that McBride stating that he would only play for the fire caught their FO off guard a bit as they are faced with a potential public relations disaster.

If they truly don't really want him and say to Mo get stuffed, the Chicago supporters would crucify them (how could you do this to McBride, why would you turn down the best striker in U.S. history etc..), and if they end up having to give up a front line player (say Rolfe) they could get nailed again in giving up a future MLS star, especially if McBride gets injured.

I'm glad that this is the Fire's problem and not ours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're getting an EPL striker for non DP money. "Oh, we didn't know you'd want something for him." I can't take the whining anymore.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much you wanna bet another MLS team will do this to us when a Canadian wants to return from overseas and we're at the bottom of the totem pole.

Or maybe Mo's not stupid, and can swing a deal with the best of them anyway.

tfc88

Rolfe would be awesome on this team.. go get'em Mo!