View Poll Results: Which player is Mo asking for?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rolfe

49 45.79%
  • Barrett

15 14.02%
  • Mapp

28 26.17%
  • Nyarko

5 4.67%
  • Other

10 9.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Mo wants just 1 player for McBride

Did anyone catch that on GolTV tonite?

He said that Klopas was blowin smoke up the media's ass by saying TFC wants a number of players. Mo just wants 1 guy but didn't say who.

Any guesses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just seen it on FOX SPORTS!

Johnston....just reported on FSC...that the reports that he wants 2-3 players for mcbride..are bullshite!....he says he dosent want to disrupt his squad with 2-3 players...all he wants from the fire is ONE PLAYER!

HANG TOUGh MO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Nyarko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blanco!

nevermind, I wouldn't want him.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Justin Mapp being mentioned by Shitcago's FO

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett is my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is just delaying and speading lies so that MLS will interfear and give them mccbride for nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its only 1 player, Mo is doing them a favour, Klopas is a wanker.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago sports media are having a tough time....the Fire,Cubs, sox, Bears,Bulls,Blackhawks are all shite they need to make something up to fire up the fans.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klopas: "BOO FRICKTY HOO, I WANT McBride FOR NEXT TO NOTHING! WAAAA"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Chicago sports media are having a tough time....the Fire,Cubs, sox, Bears,Bulls,Blackhawks are all shite they need to make something up to fire up the fans.
    zing??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its Rolfe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    I think its Rolfe
    Just about to post this...it has to be Chris Rolfe.

He would add a lot to our team imo.

I think Chicago have to make this trade here....honestly...it's a number's game...if they get McBride...they'll have Barrett, McBride, Thorrington and Blanco at forward...plus Nyarko and Frankowski.

Chris Rolfe is not a bench player...he's a borderline all-star in this league...if not an all-star.

Make the trade Klopas already....you're handcuffed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    zing??

bad pun i know..!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soumare (sp?)........he seems like someone who MO would want, and someone who Chicago would not want to give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think it's Rolfe. If that happens, I can also see Cunny on his way out. Cunny, say hello to San Jose!

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    I also think it's Rolfe. If that happens, I can also see Cunny on his way out. Cunny, say hello to San Jose!
    LOL i would laugh if that happened. All San Jose would need is Andy Welsh and Collin Samuel to complete the team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    Just about to post this...it has to be Chris Rolfe.

He would add a lot to our team imo.

I think Chicago have to make this trade here....honestly...it's a number's game...if they get McBride...they'll have Barrett, McBride, Thorrington and Blanco at forward...plus Nyarko and Frankowski.

Chris Rolfe is not a bench player...he's a borderline all-star in this league...if not an all-star.

Make the trade Klopas already....you're handcuffed.
    My thoughts as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just hope cunny can score # 100 and we all can witness it, than he can leave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandinho View Post
    i just hope cunny can score # 100 and we all can witness it, than he can leave
    I'd rather he score it with another team, he's a petulant self centered cunt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    I'm not a big follower of baseball but I think you might be misinformed about the Cubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well lets put it this way about the cubs, they do field a good team, but if you dont know go and check the last time they have won a world series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that Chicago is gonna give into the demand. According to a report by shep Messing (from BS)

Shep Messing just said Toronto has been asking for Chris Rolfe, Justin Mapp, and Logan Pause. Chicago, of course, laughed their asses off.
    Perhaps preparing the Fire fans for the trade in the media. They are making it sound that TFC is asking for the world, and they talk Mo down to just Rolfe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    I have a feeling that Chicago is gonna give into the demand. According to a report by shep Messing (from BS)

Perhaps preparing the Fire fans for the trade in the media. They are making it sound that TFC is asking for the world, and they talk Mo down to just Rolfe.
    Messing has no inside info, he is waving the flag again. He is so pro-America that this shouldn't come as a surprise that he would sink to this depth to villianize the leagues only Canadian team. He takes every opportunity to ridicule TFC. Add to the fact that we are dealing with the golden boy of MLS / American soccer in McBride and all the more reason.

If Messing asked me for the time, I would punch him in the mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=shaggingscot;53903]I'd rather he score it with another team, he's a petulant self centered cunt![/quote]

please, please don't start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messing has no inside info, he is waving the flag again. He is so pro-America that this shouldn't come as a surprise that he would sink to this depth to villianize the leagues only Canadian team. He takes every opportunity to ridicule TFC. Add to the fact that we are dealing with the golden boy of MLS / American soccer in McBride and all the more reason.

If Messing asked me for the time, I would punch him in the mouth.
    Umm, are you fucking kidding me? Shep Messing loves Canada, and TFC. He's just honest when they play like shit. He has mentioned MULTIPLE times on extra time how much he enjoys TFC fans and the atmosphere they bring to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Umm, are you fucking kidding me? Shep Messing loves Canada, and TFC. He's just honest when they play like shit. He has mentioned MULTIPLE times on extra time how much he enjoys TFC fans and the atmosphere they bring to MLS.
    Liking the fans and players vs. liking the club are two completely seperate things. Not even liking... simply being objective about the organization and front office would be a good start. In retrospect making is a Canadian vs. US thing wasn't the best approach perhaps however Shep Messing is not an objective analyst as has been reported on many occasions. Overall, I think you missed my point.
    Last edited by noochie; 06-18-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shepp doesn't know anything. He's not an insider beyond what Lalas reads on the message boards.

Here's the rationale: Mo wants Rolfe and 1st round and allocation

To afford McBride, the Fire will have to sell Barrett who also plays the same role. That leaves Herron, Carr and Frankowski as the other striker. No shit the Fire don't want to do this.

Why Mo would want Rolfe:

He can play in the midfield and as a striker. He can cover for Amado and Edu while they are away on international duty, and bring a more dynamic striker force. Danny is on the brink of getting hurt and Cunny will be shipped for a DP. If Dichio gets hurt with the arrival of the DP striker, only Lombardo and Smith are left. Ibrahim will not play for us this year due to family issues and his inexperience. Rolfe fits our needs and price structure at 80K

Why Conde and Mapp are not our targets:

Conde's contract is up after this year and will leave to either NYRB or abroad. If this was the deal it would be done already. Mapp doesn't fit the mold as he is a winger and we have real quality at this position. For those of you who haven't watched this guy, he has talent and speed. The problem is he is constantly injured and plays like a complete homosexual. He dives like crazy and vary rarely does he finish. We already have better wingers than him. Conde and Mapp make 160K a piece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Rolfe it is, can't wait to see this guy in a TFC uniform. Give it up Shitcago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking the fans and liking the club are two completely seperate things. I think you missed my point.
    Aright, if that's true than so be it. I just get easily annoyed when people chirp Shep Messing and Extra-time when I don't think they have a good reason to.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS...

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS.